Nobody's Fault But Mine; what do you preffer? Plant's harmonica, or Jimmy's solo?

Oswaldo

This song is epic to me because of the two solos by Robert and Jimmy. They're both great, but I personally think Plant's solo defeats Jimmy by a hair string. Seriously, if Robert were a guitar player, he would be siiick!!

So? whadayasay?

This song is epic to me because of the two solos by Robert and Jimmy. They're both great, but I personally think Plant's solo defeats Jimmy by a hair string. Seriously, if Robert were a guitar player, he would be siiick!!

So? whadayasay?

Well, though some peole might disagree with me, I think Robert is a sick guitarplayer. On a bad sense. :ph34r:

And I prefer Robert's solo. :)

So? whadayasay?

Yes, in that song Plant's harmonica work is incredible on that song (his best along with When the Levee Breaks), and sadly, blows away Jimmy's solo. Granted (no pun), Jimmy might have recorded all the solos on Presence in 1 or 2 days, leaving not much room for improvement, say, in recording the solos over several months time...

Well, though some peole might disagree with me, I think Robert is a sick guitarplayer. On a bad sense. :ph34r:

And I prefer Robert's solo. :)

Me too - amazing harmonica playing indeed :D

I've seen some places where Robert's been okay on guitar but sometimes I think he would have been better leaving the job to others. He seemed uncomfortable at times playing it.

Me too - amazing harmonica playing indeed :D

I've seen some places where Robert's been okay on guitar but sometimes I think he would have been better leaving the job to others. He seemed uncomfortable at times playing it.

True! I'd say he played guitar quite good on some dates of the manic nirvana tour. And he said he can't manage to sing and play guitar at the same time very well. :D

And oh, the harmonica on Nobody's Fault But Mine is mind blowing.

True! I'd say he played guitar quite good on some dates of the manic nirvana tour. And he said he can't manage to sing and play guitar at the same time very well. :D

And oh, the harmonica on Nobody's Fault But Mine is mind blowing.

I think it was Montreux 1993 where he took Francis Dunnery's guitar straight from him to solo and that was one of the best jams I've seen him do.

The bass and vicious drum attack achieving that funk timing are the strongest point to me.

A close second...Plant's vocals,particularly at the songs end.

Guitar solo and mouth organ solo tie the song together.

Superb song.

Yeah I saw Robert play guitar back in 1993 in NYC as it was called the Theatre at Madison Square Garden. He also may have played guitar back in 1990, when I saw him at the Hartford Civic Center. Possibly on "Anniversary? Can anyone confirm this?

I love Jimmy's solo on NFBM, but Robert's harmonica is unbelievable and edges out Jimmy.

Yeah I saw Robert play guitar back in 1993 in NYC as it was called the Theatre at Madison Square Garden. He also may have played guitar back in 1990, when I saw him at the Hartford Civic Center. Possibly on "Anniversary? Can anyone confirm this?

I love Jimmy's solo on NFBM, but Robert's harmonica is unbelievable and edges out Jimmy.

He did play guitar in 90 on Anniversary the shows I saw :)

He did play guitar in 90 on Anniversary the shows I saw :)

Thanks for confirming this! I thought he had played guitar in that show. You're always a big help here and have great wealth of knowlege on Led Zeppelin and especially relating to Robert. Much obliged!

:thumbsup::yourock:

I just PM'd you!

It was in 1990 but in Toronto.

That was great, thanks for sharing! It was a nice treat to see Robert on guitar. :)

Both are great but the guitar solo, with Robert calling "Oh Jimmy..." is super cool...

Yes, I love that part too at Knebworth when he called out "Oh Jimmy" that was super cool. B)

Archived