Valentines day ....

Pip

Went to late lunch, early dinner with my husband at a steakhouse. It was decorated nicely. There were roses on the table, Hershey's kisses in a wine glass, and special 12 oz. sirloins with appetizers for two. Very nice.

My husband is currently asleep on the sofa! :lol:

Very romantic!

I guess that after almost 30 years of marriage you can't get much more exciting than that!

I'm sure he'll take care of the rest in the morning. ;)

Was the movie any good?

It was A LOT better than I thought it'd be. I figured "oh, just a chick flick with no real meaning" but it makes some really good points. Like, you aren't the exception you are the rule until you find the exception. That probably makes no sense, but if you saw it you would. It also shows how girls always kid themselves about relationships, like he is only a jerk because he isn't emotionally as mature as you. Everyone knows it's a crock they just won't admit it.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

I think it's morally wrong, and I won't be trying it.

It was A LOT better than I thought it'd be. I figured "oh, just a chick flick with no real meaning" but it makes some really good points. Like, you aren't the exception you are the rule until you find the exception. That probably makes no sense, but if you saw it you would. It also shows how girls always kid themselves about relationships, like he is only a jerk because he isn't emotionally as mature as you. Everyone knows it's a crock they just won't admit it.

Thanks for the review. I might way until it comes out on dvd and rent it or pay per view it.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone who is on their own today.Don't let it get you down. :D

Spats:

Your comment is appreciated..I didn't let V'es Day get me down...AFter I went for a drive and sang along with Alannis Morrisette's tune IRONIC and yelled A****** at the top of my lungs...I bought a yummy Lemon Meringue pie.....

I ate some for lunch then had another piece to celebrate The Leafs stunning win over the Pens!!

See...it was a good day afterall....

Juleit :wave:

I think it's morally wrong, and I won't be trying it.

First of all, I was speaking from the guys perspective. Secondly, why is everything so serious around here. Thirdly, do you apply the same set of morals to the musicians whose music you worship? Jesus McChrist.

First of all, I was speaking from the guys perspective. Secondly, why is everything so serious around here. Thirdly, do you apply the same set of morals to the musicians whose music you worship? Jesus McChrist.

It's not so serious around here, you just have a knack of saying obnoxious things that tend to offend people here. :rolleyes:

ESPECIALLY since you made that comment to a 15-year old girl who I know isn't interested in hearing that kind of crap.

It's not so serious around here, you just have a knack of saying obnoxious things that tend to offend people here. :rolleyes:

Care to list everything out.

ESPECIALLY since you made that comment to a 15-year old girl who I know isn't interested in hearing that kind of crap.

Please, if she or anybody else took it that seriously, they need to get a grip. There are far more offensive things posted on this forum.

Yes I do think that those musicians should have a had some better morals, they didn't but I wish they would have. I don't care if they slept with a different person every night, I just think that one person should have been the only one that night. I'd tell them that to their face too. And I know plenty of things that Janis Joplin did, and I don't agree with all them either. I'll just clear this up though so you don't start throwing it at me, I know she was possibly bisexual and I don't care that isn't what I'm refering too. Next time you start make a comment about something maybe you should think "Sometimes people here take things seriously, would this be appropriete?" you might actually get a little bit farther.

Edited to say: Ninelives, unless you really like chick flicks I would wait to rent this, it is pretty good but you have to enjoy chick flicks to want to pay move theater prices.

Edited to say: Ninelives, unless you really like chick flicks I would wait to rent this, it is pretty good but you have to enjoy chick flicks to want to pay move theater prices.

I figured as much which is why I'd just wait until it's out on dvd or pay per view and not pay 12 bucks :)

It's 4 dollars here and 6.25 if you go at night. We go to Wal MArt to buy candy though because it's usually fresher and it's much cheaper. We buy popcorn at the movies though, it's 10 bucks for two medium drinks and a medium popcorn with free refills.

Valentine's day is a bullshit made up holiday. If banks and the post office is open, it's not a holliday!

hehehe I get what you are saying but it is funny because this year Valentines day was on a Saturday... and here the bank and post office aren't open then...

12 Bucks!

...and I complained about the price of a movie ticket here!

Geez. That's almost buying the DVD.

It's 12.50 up here. Then you add on food. Good lord. I pity the dude that has to take a date out to the movie and has to pay for it. It will come to almost 50 bucks.

Spats:

Your comment is appreciated..I didn't let V'es Day get me down...AFter I went for a drive and sang along with Alannis Morrisette's tune IRONIC and yelled A****** at the top of my lungs...I bought a yummy Lemon Meringue pie.....

I ate some for lunch then had another piece to celebrate The Leafs stunning win over the Pens!!

See...it was a good day afterall....

Juleit :wave:

Thanks Juliet. Good for you. :wave:

Archived