Valentines day ....

Pip

Tell him you want a diamond or to hit the road jack! :D I am going light this year as me and the Mrs have agreed to . Just some candy and cards. On the first I got her a diamond pearl ring. The first one together is important I feel. You will get an idea of what you have. I never liked cheap skates. Big turn off. I picked up a special from a local meat market. Two filet mignon's and two small lobster tails. Those plus a NY Strip only cost me a total of $29. Happy V day to all. (hey spats, do you have a date?)

If someone does not like cheap skates that is pretty shallow too. If a woman wants a man to be spending a lot of money on her then it's shallow.

No, i don't have a date for valentines day. I will probably be alone. I think i am going to go to the movies. Most of the guys i know are going to have to spend the day with their girlfriends and wives.

If someone does not like cheap skates that is pretty shallow too. If a woman wants a man to be spending a lot of money on her then it's shallow.

No, i don't have a date for valentines day. I will probably be alone. I think i am going to go to the movies. Most of the guys i know are going to have to spend the day with their girlfriends and wives.

:hysterical:

Classic Spats!

What I love is that his thread is still going on. I haven't read that pile of malarkey in months, yet people are still drawn to arguing with this doosh. Love it.

Yeah, I know. We've all got 'sucker' written all over our faces. :lol:

Trust me, you're not missing a damn thing.

What I love is that his thread is still going on. I haven't read that pile of malarkey in months, yet people are still drawn to arguing with this doosh. Love it.

I'm proud to say I have not once read that thread nor do I have any desire or patience to waste my time in the future :D

<_<

I too am glad to say that I am done with spats. I've decided he is probably a happy married man who likes to take out his frustrations by making others very frustrated.

:lol: Could be but whatever his game is, it's pathetic he plays it to get all this attention, which is why I won't participate.

My boyfriend and I don't really go in for Valentines Day. It kinda ruins it when they start stocking shit for it as soon as Christmas is over with. We put much more emphasis on our anniversary - that day actually means something to us and is our own special little day.

There's a teenager who my boyfriend works with, she's 17, and she's already dreading Valentines Day because she doesn't have a Valentine. Not to be harsh, but she's so melodramatic about it as well. She's moaning about it as if not doing anything with anyone is the end of the world. It's kind of sad that she's so hung up on a day intended to rake in the money than a day that means something to her and her boyfriend (if she had one).

Now's your chance!! This Valentines Day will be a perfect opportunity for you to check out one of the fabulous gay bars in Toronto. Just go in, sit down, order a drink and look around. Nobody is saying you have to DO anything. Just don't go into the restroom.

After spending a couple of years laying low, we've decided to go out for a nice meal tomorrow night. Price fix is $45.00 for the three course, $55.00 for the four course. I guess with drinks and a tip this will end up being $130.00. I'll tell my wife to bring some cash.

My boyfriend and I don't really go in for Valentines Day. It kinda ruins it when they start stocking shit for it as soon as Christmas is over with. We put much more emphasis on our anniversary - that day actually means something to us and is our own special little day.

There's a teenager who my boyfriend works with, she's 17, and she's already dreading Valentines Day because she doesn't have a Valentine. Not to be harsh, but she's so melodramatic about it as well. She's moaning about it as if not doing anything with anyone is the end of the world. It's kind of sad that she's so hung up on a day intended to rake in the money than a day that means something to her and her boyfriend (if she had one).

The reason that girl probably thinks that is because it has been drilled into her head that Valentines day is sooooo important and that if you are not with someone you are missing out or there is something wrong with you. I have sort of fallen victim to that as well. because it's all over the radio and tv and at stores you go to.

I think it's nice to have a special celebration for Valentine's Day but I've always felt those celebrations mean more when they're not on V-Day but out of the blue :D

I agree nine, when people don't get so wrapped up in the holiday, it makes things more special on a day when you least expect them! Hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day whether you are single or have a special person in your life. :D

The reason that girl probably thinks that is because it has been drilled into her head that Valentines day is sooooo important and that if you are not with someone you are missing out or there is something wrong with you. I have sort of fallen victim to that as well. because it's all over the radio and tv and at stores you go to.

That's exactly why I want to hit her, too.

You've just found your match.

I'm proud to say I have not once read that thread nor do I have any desire or patience to waste my time in the future :D

<_<

I accidentally went into his thread once--and I read ONE post--it was by Babs or something, then I realized what it was and high-tailed it outta there! #lol#

I try not to bother with it too. Sometimes I cave, then I feel like a person who totally cheated on their diet or something.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

Hubby and Oldest Daughter went to work early (7:30) but we all exchanged cards and gave the kids their presents (candy). I made heart shaped pancakes and eggs for our younger 2 kids. Unfortunately our son is still pretty sick, poor guy, so I think it will be a quiet day/evening here.

I accidentally went into his thread once--and I read ONE post--it was by Babs or something, then I realized what it was and high-tailed it outta there! #lol#

I try not to bother with it too. Sometimes I cave, then I feel like a person who totally cheated on their diet or something.

I tried to high-tail it out of there, too. Now, I go in his thread when I'm feeling a bit low - there's nothing more that cheers you up after reading about that trainwreck...

Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

Hubby and Oldest Daughter went to work early (7:30) but we all exchanged cards and gave the kids their presents (candy). I made heart shaped pancakes and eggs for our younger 2 kids. Unfortunately our son is still pretty sick, poor guy, so I think it will be a quiet day/evening here.

That's nice, Virginia :)

I'm sorry your son is poorly, I hope he gets better soon. I'm on my own for much of the day - my boyfriend finishes work around 5.30 - and even though we don't really care for the day, we still like to be with each other on it.

Happy valentine's day to everyone (everyone who actually wants a happy valentine's day) :D

My family loved the cookies I baked, and my dad gave me a beautiful red rose, plus I got a lovely mail from my best friend so far away...I haven't got a valentine, but I don't care! I've got the best family and friends ever!!!

(um...I hardly dare asking...but is it a natural law that every at least a bit love-related discussion on this forum becomes a place to discuss Spats' love life? No offense meant!)

:rolleyes:

Archived