Led Zeppelin 1 vs Led Zeppelin 2

McSeven

Which one speaks to you more? Whats the difference between them?

I am still formulating the differnce in my mind. It seems like LZ 1 is more of a road trip album. The kind of album you want on a long trip to listen from start to finish. LZ 1 has variety

LZ 2 is action packed in my mind. I play that when I work out. I feel more energized by it. They sound like they are in a army comando mode. Even When I look at Royal Albert footage, they seem so much like Rock Gods performing thier magic. I had a friend in highschool say that the first LZ album was anti women, lyrically. The second LZ album was more woman friendly.

Bottom line I guess that LZ 2 is more sexier than LZ1.

More later....

Mc7

I am still formulating the differnce in my mind. It seems like LZ 1 is more of a road trip album. The kind of album you want on a long trip to listen from start to finish. LZ 1 has variety

LZ 2 is action packed in my mind. I play that when I work out. I feel more energized by it. They sound like they are in a army comando mode. Even When I look at Royal Albert footage, they seem so much like Rock Gods performing thier magic. I had a friend in highschool say that the first LZ album was anti women, lyrically. The second LZ album was more woman friendly.

More later....

Mc7

II is definitely a step up musically, lyrically and production wise. In other words, it sounds better.

But LZ I will always hold a special place in my heart because it was such a mind shattering experience to hear this fantastic group of musicians for the first time. Can't ever forget that first time ;)

But LZ I will always hold a special place in my heart because it was such a mind shattering experience to hear this fantastic group of musicians for the first time. Can't ever forget that first time ;)

The greatest debut album of all time.

Are You Experienced?

That's a great debut album too JR. Great era of music

I can't really pick between 1 and 2. The only thing I can say is that to me, I alway's find a way back to the first album. It's raw energy is to this day...stunning.

• 2 weeks later...

While I prefer II, I is them starting out with nothing but musical talent. The blues influence makes it the perfect "road trip" album as the first guy said. It's tough to make a comparison. I would agree with II being "sexier" though. :D

Whew...this is a tough one. I kind of like both almost equally. For me LZI wins with a slight edge just for the fact of BIGLY, HMMT and YTIGC.

In my opinion, it would have been awesome if both albums were combined and released together as a debut album. My heads hurts just thinking about being exposed to that sort of thing in '69. Now that would have been a debut album.

Whew...this is a tough one. I kind of like both almost equally. For me LZI wins with a slight edge just for the fact of BIGLY, HMMT and YTIGC.

In my opinion, it would have been awesome if both albums were combined and released together as a debut album. My heads hurts just thinking about being exposed to that sort of thing in '69. Now that would have been a debut album.

Now that would have been too bloody good. :)

As mentioned before, they are two very different albums with each their distinctive personality.

There are things about the debut which can't be found on the follow-up, and of course the other way around too.

Now, this is common knowledge so let me get to the conclusion:

The opening of Led Zep II is one of the best album openings ever made, and it contains some of the rawest BluesRock riffs ever written, a drum solo, a Sonny Boy imitation and a whole lotta energy.

Now, the first album has also got an amount of these elements, not to mention different important elements, but the follow-up has just got a few hard kicks more.

• 1 month later...

its tough.. only criticism if it is one is theres no epic song on zeppelin 2.. awesome and listen to alot as i do all the albums.. dazed to me is epic. how many more times has a bunch of sections that give it a epic feel.. but i think its pages best riff album.. all the riffs especially bring it on home just are amazing... i do agree that it woulda been crazy if they combined l with 2... man imagine a double album! then they woulda been able to credit the couple songs they took parts from... because the money woulda been coming from all of the original or traditional songs they wrote or made arrangements on... and all the accusations would be mute of stealing... thats the way i look at it.. combine the 2 albums= magic!

Well it's a very tough one for me; Those are my two fave albums of theirs.

But my overall favourite is Led Zeppelin, I love the blues rock of Zepp and I love the engery that they give in the album...Plus you Shook Me and How Many More Times are the songs that made me fall in love with Zepp.

its tough.. only criticism if it is one is theres no epic song on zeppelin 2.. awesome and listen to alot as i do all the albums.. dazed to me is epic. how many more times has a bunch of sections that give it a epic feel.. but i think its pages best riff album.. all the riffs especially bring it on home just are amazing... i do agree that it woulda been crazy if they combined l with 2... man imagine a double album! then they woulda been able to credit the couple songs they took parts from... because the money woulda been coming from all of the original or traditional songs they wrote or made arrangements on... and all the accusations would be mute of stealing... thats the way i look at it.. combine the 2 albums= magic!

You don't think Whole Lotta Love is epic?

Led Zeppelin I was my first favorite, and still ranks high (PG is my favorite today). Zeppelin II is one of my least favorites. I love the hard rock/blues sound to their debut album.... and my favorite songs Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and Your Time Is Gonna Come are still fresh. I have to credit Led Zeppelin II for my "first" favorite Zep song back in 1977, "The Lemon Song" and a top five favorite still today "Thank You". WLL, WIAWSNB, Heartbreaker/LLM and Ramble on, all been so overplayed i often turn the channel when they come on.

I like both but will go with Zep II because my favorite Zep song is on there.

"Whole Lotta Love" B)

BTW I'm proud to say that I have never turned the dial when Zep came on, not even STH :)

More later....

Mc7

As far as the cases go, I like LZ I(on the back Jimmy is so cute), but Moby Dick is on II so I don't know... :D :D

Archived