Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Led Zeppelin's most beautiful song?

94 posts in this topic

That's the Way, Ten Years Gone, Down By The Seaside, Tea For One. (All....simply beautiful) !!!

If I could edit the list that I made earlier, I would gladly add the song "Thank You". That's another beauty, IMHO! :wub:

If I could edit the list that I made earlier, I would gladly add the song "Thank You". That's another beauty, IMHO! :wub:

Kiwi, thank-you (no pun intended!) for reminding me of this song. With lyrics like these...

"If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.

When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me..... "

I'm almost tempted to go and slot this above TRS, not quite, but close!! :) ...missy

Can't pick just one!!

The Rain Song (especially live)

Bron-yr-Aur (again, live - check out the version on "Blueberry Hill" 9/4/70)

Ten Years Gone

Down By The Seaside

That's The Way

Going To California

And...In The Light.

I'm not changing my vote, I'm still for The Rain Song 100%, but I'm suprised to see that Tangerine isn't getting any love. I know it's a sad song but sorrow can be beautiful.

The Rain Song

For me it's The Rain Song.. I dedicate it to my husband, as he keeps me real with myself..."the sunlight in my growing". The words and the music of that song touch me deeply, often I cry when I hear it," After 27 years we continue to have a new "season of emotion" and sometimes "a little rain must fall" but throughout the years we have the "wonder of devotion" to keep us going and the "mystery of the quotient" that brought us together in the first place.

Edited by nat431

In my opinion:

Going to California

Tangerine

Bron Yr Aur

Rain Song (SRTS version)

Edited by JLee93

I love "All of My Love" but it would be better without that synth solo, kinda ruins it.

i thought its just "All My Love"

and i say the most beautiful are "The Rain Song", "Stairway to Heaven", "All My Love", "Thank You", "Ten Years Gone", and probably "Going to California" and "The Battle of Evermore" from LZ IV (unofficially)

Stairway to Heaven has the beautiful melody...interesting that the consensus here seems to be The Rain Song; the general population would probably pick Stairway...

In second place for me would be either Battle of Evermore, because of the wonderful duet w/ Plant and Denny, Going to California because Robert sings so well on it, Since I've Been Loving You, or Bron-Yr-Aur.

The Rain Song has always sounded slightly dissonant to me, which makes it interesting, but beautiful maybe not the right word.

Speaking of the Rain Song, I know Jimmy wrote the melody, etc., who wrote the lyrics?