Way Too Over-Played Songs on the Radio...

kingzoso

I agree with most of the above-mentioned songs. (I still enjoy hearing WLL and some of the Eagles songs, though). Another song I despise is "We Built This City."

"We Built This City" is one that really annoys me, it is played much too often, same with Jesse's Girl

Usually listen to team rock when the missus is out but thought I'd try Planet rock for the first time in ages. Metallicas ''the Unforgiven'' came on. I love Metallica but Planet rock seem to think that and Nothing Else Matters is all thats out there. Drove me mad ages ago so will stick to team rock.

• 3 months later...

Yall still listen to radio? I try not to , our local "Rock" station plays the same 3-4 songs (by various rock artists 24/7) in heavy rotation. Corporate radio sucks , Its quite boring. Radio has made me hate songs that i used to love.

Only when I'm in the car and I'm tired of all my cd's I have with me. One of our rock stations has actually been playing some deeper cuts lately, lets hope that continues!

• 2 months later...

I hate people that listen to classic rock fm stations because they call themselves music lovers,yet if you play a an album track (say Four Sticks instead of Stairway)they say what's this crap.After 27 years of working in factories with a crappy transistor radio blaring out Another Brick in the Wall or Old Time Rock n Roll or Copper head Road at full distortion levels over noisy factory machinery I was relieved when i got transferred to a spot away from the mindless masses and that bloody radio.Two of my friends have size able cd collections ,however they just record the hits off each album and make compilation cds.Most songs played on the radio are good in their own way its just that they are played to death.It just about kills the artist to.Do we ever hear anything but Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.That's the only song of his that those 'music lovers' would know of.By the way I more than once sabotaged one of those crap radios only to be replaced by a more crappy one.I hate crappy transistor radios.Just venting my spleen.

• 2 months later...

You people are actually lucky. Here on Long Island it's all Billy Joel, whether the station is (supposedly) Rock or Easy Listening. On top of that, there are cretins who call in for MORE Billy Joel.

I gotta find that Popeye cartoon, where he's so sick of a singer, he punches a phone and the punch travels through the wire and knocks out the guy singing at the radio station!

• 3 weeks later...

Way Too Over-Played Songs on the Radio...

Anything that you can imagine a drunk person would listen to...

Seems the Corporate Conglomerate Radio Syndicate knows exactly who their audience is.

People of all ages and backgrounds that are drunk. Those people will listen to anything fed to them, the more familiar the better.

Advertisers seem to like selling 'stuff' to that crowd too.

Yes, friends, it IS a wicked world we live in.

Instead up uplifting rock, the General Public are fed a constant dose of morass.

Social Engineers at work.

The days of free form radio are gone for the "public's airwaves".

Go the internet for radio that's cool. If you can find a really cool rock radio station on the internet -- one that *doesn't* air the over-played songs. The so-called "Deep Cuts" stations on Satellite radio really isn't that great.

MY idea for good rock station would be to take the "Top 200" playlist of most rock stations, and move those songs to the "Bottom 200".

You keep the same bands, but play the good deep cuts always, and only rarely play what was on their "Top 200" playlist.

As a music fan, I'd love that.

But, their experts will tell you that they can't make a buck, except they continue to play the same Top 200.

So real music fans are not served.

Anyone content to listen to the Top 200, would not be someone that I would want to hang out with.

I hate people that listen to classic rock fm stations because they call themselves music lovers,yet if you play a an album track (say Four Sticks instead of Stairway)they say what's this crap.After 27 years of working in factories with a crappy transistor radio blaring out Another Brick in the Wall or Old Time Rock n Roll or Copper head Road at full distortion levels over noisy factory machinery I was relieved when i got transferred to a spot away from the mindless masses and that bloody radio.Two of my friends have size able cd collections ,however they just record the hits off each album and make compilation cds.Most songs played on the radio are good in their own way its just that they are played to death.It just about kills the artist to.Do we ever hear anything but Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.That's the only song of his that those 'music lovers' would know of.By the way I more than once sabotaged one of those crap radios only to be replaced by a more crappy one.I hate crappy transistor radios.Just venting my spleen.

:bravo: Love this.

Ask yourself this...1984 was one of Van Halen's biggest selling albums. When have you heard radio play "Girl Gone Bad", "House of Pain", or "Drop Dead Legs"? When have you heard radio play anything other than "Jump" and "Panama"?

Radio sucks...and the people who work in it and infest the airwaves with their garbage don't have a clue about rock and roll. They're conformative, corporate drones.

Archived