JIMMY CONSIDERING ROCK HALL OF FAME EVENT

SteveAJones

Am I the only one on this site who thinks Pagey was loaded that night? I love Jimmy, but he seemed really high during his presentation of Beck. He kept wiping and touching his nose multiple times which is a dead give away.

Am I the only one on this site who thinks Pagey was loaded that night? I love Jimmy, but he seemed really high during his presentation of Beck. He kept wiping and touching his nose multiple times which is a dead give away.

Nerves. He was drinking non-alcoholic beer.

A new audience video has surfaced and supplements the Zapruder film shown on Fuse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vFB5L5d_qY

Jimmy clearly has identified a problem at 1:52, walking to the far left side of the stage, perhaps to get Lionell's attention. Lionell comes to his aid at 3:15.

That makes perfect sense, Steve.

Jimmy was edging to the left and back during the jam, probably to get help, as you say.

I wish that everyone would just forget about the non-solo and just appreciate that we did see Jimmy playing again in the US and that he was very happy in doing so.

It is just too bad that this glich had to happen on a show that has been broadcast around the world and recorded for everyone to scruitinze and analyze over and over again.

So it happened, forget about it and just celebrate the great musicians who had this once in a lifetime opportunity to play together. I am sure that we wouldn't want Jimmy to act like Perry did, hogging the spotlight and trying to upstage everyone. I find it admirable that Jimmy didn't try to blow away the other guitarists, as we know that he could have.

Oh, hell he does that habitually (wiping and touching his nose, not getting loaded). Now

that you mention it, he and Jeff did put away quite a few cold ones at the table before

going up there for the induction.

Jimmy was edging to the left and back during the jam, probably to get help, as you say.

I wish that everyone would just forget about the non-solo and just appreciate that we did see Jimmy playing again in the US and that he was very happy in doing so.

It is just too bad that this glich had to happen on a show that has been broadcast around the world and recorded for everyone to scruitinze and analyze over and over again.

So it happened, forget about it and just celebrate the great musicians who had this once in a lifetime opportunity to play together. I am sure that we wouldn't want Jimmy to act like Perry did, hogging the spotlight and trying to upstage everyone. I find it admirable that Jimmy didn't try to blow away the other guitarists, as we know that he could have.

:yesnod: :yesnod:

People have been clamouring to see Page on stage. Well he was on stage but it wasn't "right" or whatnot. I feel like a broken record when I keep saying I was thrilled to see him playing again, especially with Jeff.

People have been clamouring to see Page on stage. Well he was on stage but it wasn't "right" or whatnot. I feel like a broken record when I keep saying I was thrilled to see him playing again, especially with Jeff.

I agree! What is the problem!! It was so fun to watch. Why do you all need to critise him?

Sorry if it comes off as bitching. Not meant to be. Just voicing frustration over the stupid rotten timing of what you aptly called a glitch.

Oh, hell he does that habitually (wiping and touching his nose, not getting loaded). Now

that you mention it, he and Jeff did put away quite a few cold ones at the table before

However, clever FireOpal noticed that those "cold ones" were O'Doul's non-alcoholic beer.

28uqyrr.jpg

ngprvl.jpg

Agreed, the night was awesome. Solo or no solo by Jimmy. and jimmy is by faaar my favorite.

Jeff and Jimmy and Tal and Steve and Kirk and Lars and James and Ron.

What a great event.

He definitely does, in almost every interview I see of Jimmy, he's always itching and scratching something on his person. As one who used to indulge a long time ago, there are certain signs you look for and Jimmy to this day has them. Interesting, maybe he's just an "itchy" kind of guy! :lol:

He definitely does, in almost every interview I see of Jimmy, he's always itching and scratching something on his person. As one who used to indulge a long time ago, there are certain signs you look for and Jimmy to this day has them. Interesting, maybe he's just an "itchy" kind of guy! :lol:

I sat close enough to observe Jimmy and his table. No......he was not stoned, high, or drunk. He has always had those "nervous" twitches.

Buck-eye-Doc.....I hope your son and his friend had as much fun as we did.

Sam.......a pleasure to meet you. Looking forward to the next one for sure!

Here are a few other observations from my weekend:

Jimmy does not "mingle"--He held up in his hotel room alot. Not many "Jimmy" sightings.

Metallica fans rock!

Most of Metallica are VERY sweet and nice. I had the honor to meet all of them.

Joe Perry is VERY skinny....didn't meet him but passed him on the Red Carpet. Yes....I did walk the red carpet. It was surreal. Another long story!

Many aging Rock stars have very young girlfriends, there is no way they were even born at the peak of their boyfriends careers. They also get annoyed when you talk to their men. We were given some very dirty looks and talked about in more than one foreign language.

Flea changes his hair color alot. It was blue when I met him Saturday afternoon.

It's always great to meet up with Led Zeppelin Fans that you know online! (Shout out to all the great and cool ppl I met!)

I sat close enough to Jimmy's table that I could watch him pretty closely........and did! (Although he didn't turn around much) He seemed as if he wanted to keep a low profile. Even the VIP's seemed thrilled that he was there. I must admit I missed some of the events on stage because I stared at Jimmy. Damn he's fine.

Jimmy looked happy to be onstage jammin'

Ross Halfin is better looking in person.

It was an honor and a thrill to be in the same room with so much talent. It took my breath away!

I fully intend to be at the NEXT Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.

Did I mention Jimmy looks fine? Damn that man is sexy. Whewwwwwwwwwww

I sat close enough to observe Jimmy and his table. No......he was not stoned, high, or drunk. He has always had those "nervous" twitches.

Jimmy does not "mingle"--He held up in his hotel room alot. Not many "Jimmy" sightings.

Metallica fans rock!

Joe Perry is VERY skinny....didn't meet him but passed him on the Red Carpet. Yes....I did walk the red carpet. It was surreal. Another long story!

Many aging Rock stars have very young girlfriends, there is no way they were even born at the peak of their boyfriends careers. They also get annoyed when you talk to their men. We were given some very dirty looks and talked about in more than one foreign language.

Flea changes his hair color alot. It was blue when I met him Saturday afternoon.

It's always great to meet up with Led Zeppelin Fans that you know online! (Shout out to all the great and cool ppl I met!)

I sat close enough to Jimmy's table that I could watch him pretty closely........and did! (Although he didn't turn around much) He seemed as if he wanted to keep a low profile. Even the VIP's seemed thrilled that he was there. I must admit I missed some of the events on stage because I stared at Jimmy. Damn he's fine.

It was an honor and a thrill to be in the same room with so much talent. It took my breath away!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I love this post. I think I love you, Zeppland.

Metallica fans rock!

I am so happy for you Zeppland! I am glad that you had a fantastic time!

I also think that the Metallica guys are great. You must have gone to the House of Blues on Friday night when Metallica had their party?

My son had a great time but did not get to personally meet any rockers like you did.

Did I mention Jimmy looks fine? Damn that man is sexy. Whewwwwwwwwwww!

I got that impression by just the different shots of him---just a little bit. :D I would probably collapse if it was in person as hard as I would try not to!

Thank you for your take on the night. I would have been watching Jimmy all night too.

This is a bit :beat: I know (sorry!)

I know exactly what you mean but even though they rehearsed it was still live and anything could happen. And it did, even if it was just Page's strap coming loose. No amount of planning and rehearsal can stop the inevitable from occurring once you get up in front of a live audience.

but this applies to all live performances, such as the conductor of the Boston Pops dropping his baton or something. So maybe they should all be called jams. :D

(How Sweet!)

(This is very nice!)

(Very Interesting!)

(Besides Jeff's Induction, Watching Jimmy is an MAIN EVENT ITSELF!!)

...Tks for the Full Report...now, I don't think I need to read RollingStone....

Jimmy Page honors Jeff Beck at Hall of Fame

4/6/2009, 10:22 a.m. EDT

The Associated Press

(AP) — By GARY GRAFF

Billboard.com

CLEVELAND Jimmy Page appearances are rare, but the Led Zeppelin guitarist was happy to come to Cleveland on Saturday (April 4) to induct his longtime friend and former Yardbirds bandmate Jeff Beck into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist.

''He's been instrumental in pioneering a whole blueprint that was totally unique to him and ... has been such a blueprint for everyone else to learn from," Page said before the ceremony. "No one's ever equaled what Jeff's done. He really shifted the whole sound and face of electric guitar music."

Asked after Beck's induction during which the two guitarists combined "Beck's Bolero" and Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" Page noted that "we've known each other since we were ... 11 years old. We've vibed on the same things and music's been the main common denominator of us meeting in the first place. So that's always been there. We're respectful of each other's playing and solo endeavors and all the rest of it. Mutual respect, man."

The two did joke around about Beck's ousting from the Yardbirds in 1966. "I was thrown out," he said, to which Page replied, "Not by me."

''It was your fault! (Page) didn't like me on the stage with him," Beck explained.

Beck and Page also joined Metallica, Aerosmith's Joe Perry, Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood and Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea for an all-star rendition of the Yardbirds' staple "Train Kept A-Rollin'," while Beck was also part of an all-star jam on Elvis Presley's "Jailhouse Rock."

20090404PageatHOFInductionCeremony.jpg

Back to Cleveland

By Roger Catlin on April 5, 2009 1:51 AM | Hartford Courant

The Rock and Roll Induction Ceremony was held back in Cleveland Saturday for the first time since 1997, and its broadcast was nearly as farflung: It was on Fuse, the New York based network that took up the music mantle when MTV and VH1 seem to have dropped it.

Their presentation of the ceremony was exhausting - a five and a half hour event, interrupted by a lot of oddly placed commercial breaks - often between the induction and acceptance speeches.

The good thing about their coverage is that they apparently left every long winded speech intact; the bad thing of course was that they left every long winded speech intact.

Eventually, the event had some emotional content and musical power, but it took a long time to get the amp warmed up.

It started like one of those PBS Doo-Wop specials, featuring guys way too old carrying the torch for half-century old music. But Little Anthony & the Imperials still had some power and some great songs to boot, three of which they presented in medley form to start the show. Smokey Robinson, who came out to induct them, may have gotten the bigger ovation though.

Wanda Jackson is overdue in the hall and Rosanne Cash made a complimentary speech for her and she took her time in thanking everyone who could have helped her, including Elvis. She also got to sing a couple of songs.

The Run-DMC induction was cool, especially with Eminem doing a heartfelt intro. But why no performance from the duo, even without Jam Master Jay being there?

Paul Shaffer is at all these things as on-stage band director.But he was called up to induct songwriter Spooner Oldham and played musical examples of his indelible riffs that populated so many Southern soul classics.

Bobby Womack, inducted by Ron Wood, was good, performing a medley of three songs with the band.

The big star of the night was Metallica, who played a long "Master of Puppets," featuring two different bass players and continued with "Enter Sandman."

James Hetfield read off a list of metal bands that ought to be inducted as well, from Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

The arena setting might have served Metallica, but it robbed the event of the intimacy it once had back at the Waldorf Astoria ballroom in New York.

Among the other performers, Jeff Beck whizzed through a group of instrumentals, starting with "Beck's Bolero," Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" (since it was Jimmy Page who had inducted him and who strapped on a guitar for this part) and the "Peter Gunn Theme."

The final jam didn't play live on the east coast until after 1:30 a.m., featuring a line of guitarists that include Ron Wood, Joe Perry, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page and Flea all joining Metallica for "Train Kept' a Rollin,'" the Burnett Brothers song both Aerosmith and the Yardbirds had recorded. It was the only jam of the event.

Archived