Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

1 hour ago, thozil said:

Substantiation for the Dec 27th show (I don't think this one was in doubt):

1_7e5c9078c329971e91a0247628176aa5.jpg

Haven't seen this item before...is it a postcard or something similar?

Steve, I just want to chime in and say Jimmy was a HUGE fan of Syd Barret.  I'm trying to find it, but I recently read an old interview where Jimmy put Syd and Jimi Hendrix on same pedestal of ingenuity and genius.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Haven't seen this item before...is it a postcard or something similar?

Could very well be a postcard, or a poster... I have no idea where it's from, I grabbed a screenshot at some point long ago.

This website has a well-documented account of the Yardbirds' trip to Singapore and Australia, so if the quote below is correct, then the last date for a performance in North America would have been January 8th. So the date range for the mystery photo would be Dec 26th - Jan 8th.

The Yardbirds had spent the previous cold, northern wintery Christmas - New Year period of 1966-7 in the United States, before returning to London on 9 January. During the following week the change of manager from Simon Napier-Bell to Peter Grant took place. They then boarded a flight to Singapore where they arrived on the 16th

7 hours ago, bluecongo said:

Steve, I just want to chime in and say Jimmy was a HUGE fan of Syd Barret.  I'm trying to find it, but I recently read an old interview where Jimmy put Syd and Jimi Hendrix on same pedestal of ingenuity and genius.

I find that very hard believe. Feel free to post findings to the Zeppelin Mysteries thread if you would like.

6 hours ago, thozil said:

This website has a well-documented account of the Yardbirds' trip to Singapore and Australia, so if the quote below is correct, then the last date for a performance in North America would have been January 8th. So the date range for the mystery photo would be Dec 26th - Jan 8th.

Agreed and I'll double-check. I do know the arrival date in Singapore is substantiated by a stamp in Jimmy's passport. 

Another photo with the discs...this one by Ian Stewart taken during the "a Degree of Murder" sessions with Brian Jones (could be Feb 11th, 67 according this Rolling Stones database).

5050966.jpg

Edited by thozil

Does anyone know where this pic is fromband when? JPJ playing a Les Paul...

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, BMV said:

Does anyone know where this pic is fromband when? JPJ playing a Les Paul...

image.jpeg

Looks photo shopped to me.

29 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Looks photo shopped to me.

Not Photoshopped - It's Kim Simmons from Savoy Brown. It's been mislabeled on the internet for a long time.

Here's another pic.

KimSimmonds.png

6 minutes ago, Laura Zephead said:

Any ideas?

13501874_10154265383329603_4564277496171979459_n.jpg

Part of the 1969 San Francisco photo session I believe.

On 2/17/2010 at 3:47 PM, SteveAJones said:

Given the sustained, remarkable level of interest in the Zeppelin Mysteries thread in the main forum, I thought this would be the right time to launch a Photo Forum thread strictly for the purpose of examining obscure Led Zeppelin & related photographs. If you have a photo you are seeking to match against a specific date, concert, event, location

or trying to identify someone depicted with them you've come to the right place.

To get things started, I wish to submit this photograph of Page, Bonham & Plant astride Suzuki motorcycles. I seek

any additional details:

PagewithBonhamPlantonMotorcycles.jpg

This was taken at French's Forest Sydney Australia.

Not sure where else to post this but this is a mystery to me. I didn't know that Ticketron sold tickets for Knewborth 1979:

http://knebworth19790811 ticketron_zps45k9x7rg.

52 minutes ago, LZ77 said:

Not sure where else to post this but this is a mystery to me. I didn't know that Ticketron sold tickets for Knewborth 1979:

http://knebworth19790811 ticketron_zps45k9x7rg.

Thanks Tony. I don't think I've seen a Ticketron Knebworth before. And unused too.

...it went a bit past 11pm and started a bit before 11am- started stepping over people in the bogs by about 8:30am and I thought ticketron wasn't in UK til '81

19 hours ago, corduroyg said:

backstage 1975. where and who are the 2 other guys?

lz_backstage_33_copy_1.jpg

Looks like Zach Galafanakis worked for Showco...talking to JP.