paul mccartney...

LedZep1969

Do they compare to his work with the Beatles? Thats a big HELL NO. Not even close.

I enjoy alot of his solo stuff, but I agree, comparing it to the Beatles is like comparing apples and oranges!!

Edited by Melanie_72

• 2 years later...

Paul McCartney as a "Beatle" or Paul McCartney as a "Solo" artist? Of course Paul as a Beatle is far more superior to His work as a solo artist.

However, I really do think that Paul McCartney's "solo" song, "Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five" is one of my favorite songs of all-time. Just listen and decide for Yourself.

Edited by LZ-ZOSO

Here's what the FANS had to say about Paul and his performance this year at Yankee Stadium:

http://www.frontrowdave.com/fans.php?id=53

One interesting thing that I learned about Paul at this show is that he is a vegatarian. I spoke with one of the roadies and Paul only provides vegatarian

food to his roadies while on tour!

• 3 weeks later...

Paul on his own is a good musician and his solo career was quite interesting between 1970 and 1973.But other acts from the same era, which had a rather similar style were way better than him, such as Supertramp(very very very underrated band) or Elton John(during his collaboration with Bernie Taupin).So as far as British pop music in the 70's is concerned, some artists were really better, and IMO George Harrison and Lennon are included in this list.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have every Paul & Wings album, and every beatles album, most of m are on vinyl and I got them when they were released. I will not make any comparison between The Beatles and Paul with Wings or solo, I believe that some of the Beatles stuff wasn't so good. I also have some John and Ringo albums, I only have one of Georges albums "All Things Must Pass", I saved up for it as it was a triple album, what a waste of money that was I doubt if Ive played it in 30 years, The only decent track in my opinion is Isn't it a pity, My Sweet Lord was a rip off of She's so Fine by The Shiffons, he just changed the words, and got berated for it, and it cost him millions.But I think that Pauls work solo with wings is on a par with his work with the Beatles, I can't say the same for the other three.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Headed out the door to see him tonight! :thumbsup:

You won't regret it...my wife and I saw Paul back in November; his shows are like stepping into a time machine- they play all the old Beatles songs note for note (Rusty Anderson nails George's solos) along with his solo biggies and a few deep cuts thrown in for good measure. Damn near a three hour concert. No, there's not a lot of spontanteity to be had but a splendid time is guaranteed for all...

I used to be a "Lennon" guy in my younger days; now I'm definitely more a "Paul" guy. I'd probably like his music just as much even if he wasn't a Beatle (ditto for George Harrison). As for his solo stuff I like his "One man band" records most of all; the dreaded McCartney II being my personal favourite. Though IMO the Wings Over America lineup was probably the best band Paul ever played with on a purely musical level.

• 3 weeks later...

Macca is my favorite Beatle but my fourth favorite solo era Beatle; making more of an effort to appreciate his solo era work now that he's over 70.

I really like his first solo effort, McCartney. Recorded at home and sounds like it, but a great sketch pad from a time when he was on a serious songwriting roll. Played all the instruments himself too, including drums!