Bea Arthur Dies at 86

ninelives

The History of the World Part I where she worked at an Unemployment Office in ancient Rome

To Mel Brooks:

"Did you bullshit last week?"

"Did you try to bullshit last week?"

Yep, they're leaving us, but leaving us with lasting memories.

RIP Maude

Maybe someone here can resolve a question I put ot my wife? I remember that she as Maude actually first appeared on "All in the Family" as a relative of Edith? Am I wrong on this? And made a few appearances, of course not getting along with Archie Bunker (who could?). Is my memory correct on this? Or am I just losing it? Or both? :o

You are correct

Maybe someone here can resolve a question I put ot my wife? I remember that she as Maude actually first appeared on "All in the Family" as a relative of Edith? Am I wrong on this? And made a few appearances, of course not getting along with Archie Bunker (who could?). Is my memory correct on this? Or am I just losing it? Or both? :o

As ally noted, you are correct.

Maude was a spinoff from All In The Family, and it also ventured into new territory. Come to think of it, so did The Golden Girls.

RIP Bea... you had a way of making us laugh while you made your point.

...and if anyone makes the typical Bea Arthur jokes, well... as Maude would say "God will get you for that!"

Hello:

I was listening to the tributes that included a story of her acting career. She started in plays off Broadway.

I remember watching Maude during my university days. Golden Girls was an excellent show....

R.I.P. Bea...

Juliet :(

Archived