any rarities out there?

anybody got some zeppelin rarities? right now I've got led zeppelin 1-2 limited spanish reissue, with led zeppelin 1 on red vinyl and 2 on green.

I guess your definition of rarity is different than mine....also I think those are grey area reissues anyways, although I am sure they are interesting.

I guess your definition of rarity is different than mine....also I think those are grey area reissues anyways, although I am sure they are interesting.

any rarity is welcome

as long as it has something to do wih led zeppelin

I agree as well.

Those records are counterfeit items (not official at all) and I can't consider them rarities because they are really common and made in the last two / three years.

Weird, probably, not rarity.

About your question, I think there are at least a couple of threads about it with pictures and some really interesting / rare item.

Rock'n'roll ...........!

• 1 month later...
I have rare mp3's, but not records. I have clips of Led Zeppelin in 1968, before Gonzaga. They where is Denmark, or Sweden and had just been starting to be called Led Zeppelin rather than the New Yardbirds.

OK I'll bite, are these video clips or audio clips? Before Gonzaga you say, WOW! That is rare...can you share with the rest of us?

OK I'll bite, are these video clips or audio clips? Before Gonzaga you say, WOW! That is rare...can you share with the rest of us?

Those early days of being a collector..not yet aware of what there is left to discover...under the spell..the quest. My hands used to shake when I went to the record conventions back in the 80's.

I'm not certain if these would qualify as rarities under your definition,but off the top of my head here are a few things that exist or are rumored to exist:

Audio from just about every show from as far back as 69. I would estimate that half of every show they performed has been recorded in one form or another.

An 11 CD set of out-takes,rehearsals and alternate versions from every album.

Video of the band recording Zep II in the studio.

Video from the 1970 tour-part of the rumored documentary complied by the band.

Video from various shows from 69 to 80.

2 left over tracks from Zep IV titled " Lost in Space" & "St. Tristan's Sword"

That's it off the top of my head. There is tons more out there...and lots more rumored to be hoarded.

Ooooh, those sound interesting!

Most definitely. These 2 items are the Holy Grails of all Holy Grails. The Zep II video was rumored to be circulating within certain circles recently.

The 2 tracks from Zep IV have only been mentioned in one of Dave Lewis' books. They must be locked up in a vault somewhere.

Most definitely. These 2 items are the Holy Grails of all Holy Grails. The Zep II video was rumored to be circulating within certain circles recently.

The 2 tracks from Zep IV have only been mentioned in one of Dave Lewis' books. They must be locked up in a vault somewhere.

And I can see Jimmy guarding that vault very closely, but can you blame him? I can't, I would most likely be staffing the Royal Guards from Buckingham Palace!!!

Those early days of being a collector..not yet aware of what there is left to discover...under the spell..the quest. My hands used to shake when I went to the record conventions back in the 80's.

I'm not certain if these would qualify as rarities under your definition,but off the top of my head here are a few things that exist or are rumored to exist:

Audio from just about every show from as far back as 69. I would estimate that half of every show they performed has been recorded in one form or another.

An 11 CD set of out-takes,rehearsals and alternate versions from every album.

Video of the band recording Zep II in the studio.

Video from the 1970 tour-part of the rumored documentary complied by the band.

Video from various shows from 69 to 80.

2 left over tracks from Zep IV titled " Lost in Space" & "St. Tristan's Sword"

That's it off the top of my head. There is tons more out there...and lots more rumored to be hoarded.

Thats the first time I've heard of that.

I've heard rumors of these 2 tracks before, but didn't realize they were left over from LedZep IV. I do find it hard to believe considering they released some rare stuff (at the time) on Box Set I and then later on the BBC Sessions and it has yet to surface on bootlegs (at least the ones I know about), considering the numerous "Outtake" boots available.

With that being said, "Sugar Mama" hasn't been officially released (too bad because it's a great track) so maybe Jimmy has these 2 tracks locked in the vault. If so, I hoping for a release of that, or hell, anything else.

I've heard rumors of these 2 tracks before, but didn't realize they were left over from LedZep IV. I do find it hard to believe considering they released some rare stuff (at the time) on Box Set I and then later on the BBC Sessions and it has yet to surface on bootlegs (at least the ones I know about), considering the numerous "Outtake" boots available.

With that being said, "Sugar Mama" hasn't been officially released (too bad because it's a great track) so maybe Jimmy has these 2 tracks locked in the vault. If so, I hoping for a release of that, or hell, anything else.

Yes,these 2 tracks are mentioned within Dave Lewis' last book. If anybody would know of their existence,it would be him.

There is also the unfinished track called "Fire" which has an ascending Oriental riff which I believe may be an alternate title from the jam "Say You're Gonna Leave Me" heard on some of those rehearsal boots. Definitely is a song I wish they completed and released.

Don't know if you consider these singles as rarities....anyway, here we go!

TSE.jpg

Came out way before the official BBC album, with 4 songs on it.

CandyStoreRockpromo.jpg

Promo for Candy Store Rock, white sleeve, stereo and mono mixes.

BootPromosingle.jpg

BootPromosingleback.jpg

Front and back side for a promo single for a bootleg, just four incomplete tracks, a real oddity.

And I can see Jimmy guarding that vault very closely, but can you blame him? I can't, I would most likely be staffing the Royal Guards from Buckingham Palace!!!

Yeah, or the Knights Templar. I've never heard of the Zep II studio video before,

but I can honestly say that I'd do all kinds of bad things in order to have it.

• 3 months later...

Don't know if you consider these singles as rarities....anyway, here we go!

TSE.jpg

Came out way before the official BBC album, with 4 songs on it.

CandyStoreRockpromo.jpg

Promo for Candy Store Rock, white sleeve, stereo and mono mixes.

BootPromosingle.jpg

BootPromosingleback.jpg

Front and back side for a promo single for a bootleg, just four incomplete tracks, a real oddity.

Oh My God!

The very first press of the first album released in Chile (South America) in 1970 had an UNIQUE different cover, red Atlantic label, it was MONO (curiously the cover it's the same of the Stereo press and the Matrix number is ST-A 681461 which proves it should have been Stereo!!!), the time of the song "Black mountain side" is listed 3:06 but it's really 2:06. Track list is in Spanish but translated to English. The song "You shook me" was written "You shoock me" in the back cover. But the most incredible fact is the name of the band was misspressed in the label: LED SEPPELIN!!! No more than 300 copies of this very first press were released!!! In the case one of you is interested in this rarity, I got 2 copies in excellent condition. I could trade it for a copy of the "turquoise" Atlantic press or I could sell it...

post-13721-125351442356_thumb.jpg

BootPromosingle.jpg

BootPromosingleback.jpg

That is actually a free single included with the November 1989 issue of Sound & Vision, an Italian music magazine. Led Zeppelin is on the front cover. The copyright laws in Italy are convoluted and it led to

quite a few semi-legitimate "bootlegs" at the time. I have a copy of the magazine and single in storage.

The very first press of the first album released in Chile (South America) in 1970 had an UNIQUE different cover, red Atlantic label, it was MONO (curiously the cover it's the same of the Stereo press and the Matrix number is ST-A 681461 which proves it should have been Stereo!!!), the time of the song "Black mountain side" is listed 3:06 but it's really 2:06. Track list is in Spanish but translated to English. The song "You shook me" was written "You shoock me" in the back cover. But the most incredible fact is the name of the band was misspressed in the label: LED SEPPELIN!!! No more than 300 copies of this very first press were released!!! In the case one of you is interested in this rarity, I got 2 copies in excellent condition. I could trade it for a copy of the "turquoise" Atlantic press or I could sell it...

Fantastic. LED SEPPELIN :D HA HA! YOU SHOOCK ME! :D

i have two lps i found and was wondering what they are worth or are they rare. i have Led Zeppelin 1973 interview with pictures of Robert and Jimmy on each side. And i have Led Zeppelin live at Knebworth part1 double album

both great condition. Any info anyone? Im glad i found them but they dont compare to the autograph i have from Jimmy on a drink coaster from the Peppermill Lounge in Reno! That is my most treasured Led Zeppelin item

Thanks for any info on the records

Archived