I hate the Jonas Brothers

i think people would embrace new bands who were actually good. Music needs them.

There's tons of them out there but in the current musical climate, which is largely controlled by Clear Channel, Live Nation, etc. they will never be heard.

I'm no fan of the Jonas Brothers either but I also don't see the need in getting so worked up about them. When I was growing up it was Bobby Sherman, the Partridge Family, Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, etc. I simply didn't listen to it. Their music wasn't that hard to avoid. As long as there's teenage girls and hormones, there's going to be musical artists such as The Jonas Brothers that are popular with them.

There's tons of them out there but in the current musical climate, which is largely controlled by Clear Channel, Live Nation, etc. they will never be heard.

I'm no fan of the Jonas Brothers either but I also don't see the need in getting so worked up about them. When I was growing up it was Bobby Sherman, the Partridge Family, Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, etc. I simply didn't listen to it. Their music wasn't that hard to avoid. As long as there's teenage girls and hormones, there's going to be musical artists such as The Jonas Brothers that are popular with them.

I agree with you. It's just sad that it's that way. Bad music and bad performers should not be rewarded. It sends the wrong message and makes the music world worse off. there is a long list of pretty boy no talents that you could read off. it's too bad that hasn't changed.

They are the current Backstreet Boy's and are harmless. Some marketing genius has found a young audience for them....happens every few years.

Patience, they will disappear soon enough.

Sooner the better.

You would all be whining if teenage girls proclaimed themselves Zeppelin fans.

Besides, boy bands DON'T always disappear. Take That are proof here in the Uk, as well as Westlife and Boyzone, to name only three.

Why shouldn't they be a success?

Why? Because they represent everything that is wrong with music. They really do suck.

go to around 2:46...too funny and really bad

Why? Because they represent everything that is wrong with music. They really do suck.

Disagree.

Oh and I remember the outcry on here when Ashlee Simpson was seen wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt.

Its all just crap. Live and for fucks sake let live.

No we wouldn't, We would be saying they had great taste, Considering their pattern of loving pretty boy bands singing nonsense then it's not the case. and 95% of boy bands fade.

They should not be a success because the music is garbage and they have very little talent. Bad music and bad performers should not be rewarded.

Why shouldn't they be a success? What's the difference if people enjoy them. They aren't hurting anyone. It's not my thing but thankfully there's tons of choices out there and I can find things I do enjoy. I just don't see wasting energy being angry they exist because they have, they do and they always will in some form or another.

I wouldn't know a Jonas Brothers tune if it slapped me in the face - I can't say I particularly care for them.

Having said that, what anyone else listens to is of little consequence to me. If they're a world famous boy band (or on the road to being one), deal with it - if you don't like them, you shouldn't care.

One person's Led Zeppelin is another's Jonas Brothers. We all like to think that we have the greatest taste in the world - why bitch about something that's subjective? I don't get my knickers in a twist over it, and I don't see why others should, either. Like Knebby said, you just live with it. It's a fucking band.

I agree with you. It's just sad that it's that way. Bad music and bad performers should not be rewarded. It sends the wrong message and makes the music world worse off. there is a long list of pretty boy no talents that you could read off. it's too bad that hasn't changed.

What's "bad" to you is amazing to others. I actually despise Def Leppard but i do not begrudge anybody who likes them...they've sold umpteen millions of albums so WTF do i know?

Bottom line, who cares what the people who live down the block choose to do with their ears and money. You're not suffering so deal with it and move on. I believe that the Jonas Bros. will be a distant memory in 5 years time but i don't give a rats ass if they are selling out MSG.

Disagree.

Oh and I remember the outcry on here when Ashlee Simpson was seen wearing a Zeppelin t-shirt.

Its all just crap. Live and for fucks sake let live.

Well sure...but these people are missing out.

I think we should share the benefits of music that is a little less manufactured.

I agree they are not worth getting into a tizzy over, BUT if people want to vent about their dislike about them or any group, what better place than a message board about music? They have every right to and nobody on here (including myself) has the right to tell them not to. F the Jonas Brothers. I don't hate them or like them. They just exist in my music universe. In a galaxy far, far away. I mean really far, far away. :D

Ok, here's my hang-up. On one hand, I have no problem with the Jonas Brothers - I don't expect kids to be listening to Beethoven when they're 11, so why not let them have some light, fluffy bubblegum fun when they're that age where they like that kind of thing? No beefs there. I loved the Backstreet Boys when I was about 12, and I'm not embarrassed about that because I really doubt I could've connected with something like Radiohead at that point; music appreciation is a journey.

What I don't understand is why they then start forcing stuff like that on grown-ups. Ok, it's one thing if you're a parent or have a little sister and you have to put up with whatever's on the Disney Channel, but I don't think I should have to hear Miley Cyrus when I turn on country radio (I guess it's partly my fault for listening to crappy mainstream country, but that's a whole other issue).

And actually, that is exactly why I appreciate the Jonas Bros. - they know their market, they stick to it, and they don't bother childless 20-somethings like me with it. Miley, on the other hand, is bloody well everywhere and you can't escape. THAT'S what bugs me. When I turn on country radio, I didn't turn it on to hear 15-year-old pop stars! That's what the pop radio station is for! If I was a kid and wanted to hear Miley, I would turn on the local pop station, not the goddam country station! Leave me and my country alone! Can't adults have ANY music to themselves anymore? I mean, shit, Miley's #6 on the Adult Contemporary charts for chrissakes! What kind of mindless, infantile dumbasses seriously like hearing this crap? I didn't know there were THAT many 40-year-olds working at McDonald's out there!

I went to a George Thorogood concert recently and I agree 100% with something he said there: "There are two types of music - the blues and that s**t on TV!"

There will always be poor music which is highly popular but it always goes out of fashion and never stands the test of time. New bands like Black Stone Cherry and The Answer will be around for years to come whereas I can't see the Jonas Brothers lasting more than five years.

I went to a George Thorogood concert recently and I agree 100% with something he said there: "There are two types of music - the blues and that s**t on TV!"

There will always be poor music which is highly popular but it always goes out of fashion and never stands the test of time. New bands like Black Stone Cherry and The Answer will be around for years to come whereas I can't see the Jonas Brothers lasting more than five years.

That quote is just so true and so funny

Either that or they will die suddenly and will be regarded as rock legends for eternity.

NOOOO!!! As much as you want to, NO ONE SHOOT THEM!!!

Not even all the kids love 'em. My cuz is 10 and wants them to break up & says that they act like divas.

Why shouldn't they be a success? What's the difference if people enjoy them. They aren't hurting anyone. It's not my thing but thankfully there's tons of choices out there and I can find things I do enjoy. I just don't see wasting energy being angry they exist because they have, they do and they always will in some form or another.

But if people would get better taste in music they wouldn't exist. It's the same with reality shows. It's just the wallowing in crap i can't stand. It makes music and tv worse. In in 5 years those teenage girls and the people that watch those shows will say,,"why did i watch that garbage?". It key is to not do it now.

go to around 2:46...too funny and really bad

He was just nervous, I know I would probably forget some words too, if I were performing with Stevie Wonder also. :D I don't follow the Jonas Brothers, but if teenage girls want to like them, what is so wrong with that? Every generation has teen idols so I don't see what the issue is. People like what they like.

He was just nervous, I know I would probably forget some words too, if I were performing with Stevie Wonder also. :D I don't follow the Jonas Brothers, but if teenage girls want to like them, what is so wrong with that? Every generation has teen idols so I don't see what the issue is. People like what they like.

And those teen idols rarely last because they are not talented. Great music and acts last.

They should not even have been allowed on stage with Stevie Wonder.

Archived