about guitar hero

I recently have wondered why Led Zepp is never on the guitar hero, and then I heard thru the grapevine that Jimmy does not like guitar hero and wonders why kids feel they need to learn to play guitar by playing the game guitar hero. If this statement is close to being accurate of Jimmys dislike of guitar hero and wondering why kids need this game to learn to play guitar. I must say Im alittle dazed and confused. First of all they are not learning to play guitar from guitar hero it is just a simulation that is nothing near like playing a real guitar. And second why wouldn't you want your music to be enjoyed over and over by a new generation of kids that may not know of led zeppelin or never heard led zeppelin until they played it on guitar hero. More than likely they will find themselves consumed by the greatness of the music filling their ears and imagining that they are themselves John Paul or Jimmy up on stage playing in front of thousands of screaming fans. Then maybe it will encourage some youngsters to take up guitar and someday maybe be in a band in front of thousands of screaming fans. I would take it as a tribute and an honor for Led Zeppelin to be on guitar hero. To see youngsters jammin out to Led Zeppelin with guitar hero as I once did but with an air guitar and tryin to some what come close to Roberts voice as Iam singing aloud to the songs. It would give your sales a boost and help keep your music stay alive through the youngsters of today. A band before their time Led Zeppelin, being played and appreciated by thousands of kids across the world with guitar hero in their hands, thinking to themselves " now this is ROCK and ROLL". It would be one hot seller I can tell ya that much.

IF it takes a video game to tell kids which bands to like ! That says how much of as a trend ! GH is . I find it hard to believe that 14-16 year olds cant search youtube and dicscover bands by their own taste and choice . It's almost if this silly game dictates whats cool and not cool . The fact is Jimmy has enough money he doesnt have to do GH . Zeppelin dont need the fame they already have it ! just maybe not with the trend following 14 year olds . Who cares about them anyway

A friend of mine once said" Guitar hero is like a blow up doll, while it may be satisfying for a while, there is nothing like the real thing". :D

...agreed, The curriculum for young generation in schools need to address this issue...

:D

I recently have wondered why Led Zepp is never on the guitar hero, and then I heard thru the grapevine that Jimmy does not like guitar hero and wonders why kids feel they need to learn to play guitar by playing the game guitar hero. If this statement is close to being accurate of Jimmys dislike of guitar hero and wondering why kids need this game to learn to play guitar. I must say Im alittle dazed and confused. First of all they are not learning to play guitar from guitar hero it is just a simulation that is nothing near like playing a real guitar.And second why wouldn't you want your music to be enjoyed over and over by a new generation of kids that may not know of led zeppelin or never heard led zeppelin until they played it on guitar hero.

Are you question the almighty Jimmy Page? :angry:

So there's a "right way" to get exposed music? K. I'll sell off all my Zeppelin, Beatles, Floyd and Who albums so I can learn of them the "right way."

Top 40 radio, MTV and file sharing sites are no better of a medium than video games. Just older.

And seriously how many Guitar Hero/ Rock Band threads do we really need? There's like ten.

I have a ton of adult friends who play it for fun. Friday night a little Texas Hold'em. Saturday night some beers and Guitar Hero, "playing" songs we've known all our lives. Sunday a BBQ and watch the game or the race.

"Hey Ev, come sing this shit!"

I was seated at the piano for formal lessons when I was four years old. Can't an old fart have some fun?

I enjoy Guitar Hero. Friends of mine who have raised kids of their own jammin out! I'm used to them sitting in the audience watching. Now they're part of it. Who cares if they're not actually playing? Games are for fun!

• 2 weeks later...
And anyway, wouldnt it be a bit of selling out? Being called a sell-out isnt very good.. :/

Caring if you're being called a sellout is worse!

It's called having integrity.

Oh come on. Let us eat cake...

im 14

i hate GH

it sucks. they over play songs so were them out

if any band does it, it will end up being signing there death warrent.

look at deep purple.

First of all welcome to the forum! Glad to see you here.

Secondly, I don't mean this harshly but age isn't a matter here. It has no bearing what people think of you. Yes, they are glad the good music is passed on to the younger generation but they don't look at you as someone who is 14 and that adds to your awesomeness as a Zep fan. Here, everyone is equal in how they can be a Zep fan.

It's actually a very good thing, I figured that when people found out my age I'd be less respected and sort of stepped on but it's quite the opposite.

Archived