Mexicans stole US Border Fence

manderlyh

Mexicans "Stole US Border Fence Pieces"

Police inthe Mexican border city of Tijuana say they have arrested six men forstealing pieces of the US border fence to sell as scrap metal.

Holesin the border fence are more commonly made by migrant smugglers, butthe Tijuana police department says these suspects intended to sell thesteel sheeting as scrap.

The first two men were caught cutting into the fence on Monday, police said.

An alleged accomplice was detained on Tuesday with 11 pieces of fencing.

The US Border Patrol alerted police to three more suspects.

Policesaid in a statement on Wednesday that the men could face federalcharges because the fence area was considered federal property.

:lol:

A governor of one of the border states said, "Why do I think that if we build a 70-foot tall fence, that somebody on the other side is going to build a 71-foot long ladder?

REMEMBER YOUR HISTORY: A newspaper headline in Mexico in 1848 probably read, "Americans steal California, Texas, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico"

A big chunk of the United States was originally Mexico's; if you need proof, look at all the Mexican city names. One is called Los Angeles, another San Francisco.

Karma is a bitch sometimes, eh?

The war ended in 1848 and the United States has already paid.

I refuse to condone the current invasion of the United States by criminals.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yCn6vyrQ72U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opzxNvMsQB0

On a fall afternoon just like any other, in a small colonial city in Mexico, Ana walked down the steps of her school, excited about meeting her younger sister for a late lunch.

The street, a busy thoroughfare much like Orange County's Harbor Boulevard, was filled with students and street vendors, hawking everything from chips to trinkets. Ana, 22, a student at an adult education school, had just picked up her class assignments when one of the street vendors, a woman, frantically approached her.

"Your sister is not well. You need to go pick her up," the vendor said urgently.

Ana recognized the vendor, who sold earrings and bracelets outside her school. The vendor also knew her 17-year-old sister's name. So without hesitation, Ana rushed down the steps behind her and headed toward her sister's nearby school.

"I imagined that something had happened to her," says Ana, a caretaker for an ailing woman. She had returned to school after dropping out to help her family make ends meet.

What she didn't imagine was that she was about to walk into a trap, a kidnapping ambush on the streets of Mexico that would turn into a months-long ordeal. She would be illegally taken into the United States against her will by what Mexican authorities suspect was an international prostitution ring.

-Yvette Cabrera, Orange County Register

ocregister.com/articles/says-school-mexico-2542877-sister-watson

historyguy.com/Mexican-American_War

The U.S.-Mexican War(1846-1848):

The Mexican-American War was the first major conflict driven by the idea of "Manifest Destiny"; the belief that America had a God-given right, or destiny, to expand the country's borders from 'sea to shining sea'. This belief would eventually cause a great deal of suffering for many Mexicans, Native Americans and United States citizens. Following the earlier Texas War of Independence from Mexico, tensions between the two largest independent nations on the North American continent grew as Texas eventually became a U.S. state. Disputes over the border lines sparked military confrontation, helped by the fact that President Polk eagerly sought a war in order to seize large tracts of land from Mexico.

CAUSES OF CONFLICT:

The war between the United States and Mexico had two basic causes. First, the desire of the U.S. to expand across the North American continent to the Pacific Ocean caused conflict with all of its neighbors; from the British in Canada and Oregon to the Mexicans in the southwest and, of course, with the Native Americans. Ever since President Jefferson's acquisition of the Louisiana Territory in 1803, Americans migrated westward in ever increasing numbers, often into lands not belonging to the United States. By the time President Polk came to office in 1845, an idea called "Manifest Destiny" had taken root among the American people, and the new occupant of the White House was a firm believer in the idea of expansion. The belief that the U.S. basically had a God-given right to occupy and "civilize" the whole continent gained favor as more and more Americans settled the western lands. The fact that most of those areas already had people living upon them was usually ignored, with the attitude that democratic English-speaking America, with its high ideals and Protestant Christian ethics, would do a better job of running things than the Native Americans or Spanish-speaking Catholic Mexicans. Manifest Destiny did not necessarily call for violent expansion. In both 1835 and 1845, the United States offered to purchase California from Mexico, for $5 million and $25 million, respectively. The Mexican government refused the opportunity to sell half of its country to Mexico's most dangerous neighbor.

The second basic cause of the war was the Texas War of Independence and the subsequent annexation of that area to the United States. Not all American westward migration was unwelcome. In the 1820's and 1830's, Mexico, newly independent from Spain, needed settlers in the underpopulated northern parts of the country. An invitation was issued for people who would take an oath of allegiance to Mexico and convert to Catholicism, the state religion. Thousands of Americans took up the offer and moved, often with slaves, to the Mexican province of Texas. Soon however, many of the new "Texicans" or "Texians" were unhappy with the way the government in Mexico City tried to run the province. In 1835, Texas revolted, and after several bloody battles, the Mexican President, Santa Anna, was forced to sign the Treaty of Velasco in 1836 . This treaty gave Texas its independence, but many Mexicans refused to accept the legality of this document, as Santa Anna was a prisoner of the Texans at the time. The Republic of Texas and Mexico continued to engage in border fights and many people in the United States openly sympathized with the U.S.-born Texans in this conflict. As a result of the savage frontier fighting, the American public developed a very negative stereotype against the Mexican people and government. Partly due to the continued hostilities with Mexico, Texas decided to join with the United States, and on July 4, 1845, the annexation gained approval from the U.S. Congress.

Mexico of course did not like the idea of its breakaway province becoming an American state, and the undefined and contested border now became a major international issue. Texas, and now the United States, claimed the border at the Rio Grande River. Mexico claimed territory as far north as the Nueces River. Both nations sent troops to enforce the competing claims, and a tense standoff ensued. On April 25, 1846, a clash occurred between Mexican and American troops on soil claimed by both countries. The war had begun.

DESCRIPTION OF CONFLICT:

The Mexican-American War was largely a conventional conflict fought by traditional armies consisting of infantry, cavalry and artillery using established European-style tactics. As American forces penetrated into the Mexican heartland, some of the defending forces resorted to guerrilla tactics to harass the invaders, but these irregular forces did not greatly influence the outcome of the war.

After the beginning of hostilities, the U.S. military embarked on a three-pronged strategy designed to seize control of northern Mexico and force an early peace. Two American armies moved south from Texas, while a third force under Colonel Stephen Kearny traveled west to Sante Fe, New Mexico and then to California. In a series of battles at Palo Alto and Resaca de Palma (near current-day Brownsville, Texas), the army of General Zachary Taylor defeated the Mexican forces and began to move south after inflicting over a thousand casualties. In July and August of 1846, the United States Navy seized Monterey and Los Angeles in California. In September, 1846, Taylor's army fought General Ampudia's forces for control of the northern Mexican city of Monterey in a bloody three-day battle. Following the capture of the city by the Americans, a temporary truce ensued which enabled both armies to recover from the exhausting Battle of Monterey. During this time, former President Santa Anna returned to Mexico from exile and raised and trained a new army of over 20,000 men to oppose the invaders. Despite the losses of huge tracts of land, and defeat in several major battles, the Mexican government refused to make peace. It became apparent to the Polk Administration that only a complete battlefield victory would end the war. Continued fighting in the dry deserts of northern Mexico convinced the United States that an overland expedition to capture of the enemy capital, Mexico City, would be hazardous and difficult. To this end, General Winfield Scott proposed what would become the largest amphibious landing in history, (at that time), and a campaign to seize the capital of Mexico.

On March 9, 1847, General Scott landed with an army of 12,000 men on the beaches near Veracruz, Mexico's most important eastern port city. From this point, from March to August, Scott and Santa Anna fought a series of bloody, hard-fought battles from the coast inland toward Mexico City. The more important battles of this campaign include the Battles of : Cerro Gordo (April 18), Contreras (August 20), Churubusco (August 20), Molino del Rey (September 8) and Chapultepec (September 13). Finally, on September 14, the American army entered Mexico City. The city's populace offered some resistance to the occupiers, but by mid-October, the disturbances had been quelled and the U.S. Army enjoyed full control. Following the city's occupation, Santa Anna resigned the presidency but retained command of his army. He attempted to continue military operations against the Americans, but his troops, beaten and disheartened, refused to fight. His government soon asked for his military resignation. Guerrilla operations continued against Scott's lines of supply back to Veracruz, but this resistance proved ineffective.

On February 2, 1848, The Treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo was signed, later to be ratified by both the U.S. and Mexican Congresses. The treaty called for the annexation of the northern portions of Mexico to the United States. In return, the U.S. agreed to pay $15 million to Mexico as compensation for the seized territory. The bravery of the individual Mexican soldier goes a long way in explaining the difficulty the U.S. had in prosecuting the war. Mexican military leadership was often lacking, at least when compared to the American leadership. And in many of the battles, the superior cannon of the U.S. artillery divisions and the innovative tactics of their officers turned the tide against the Mexicans. The war cost the United States over $100 million, and ended the lives of 13,780 U.S. military personnel. America had defeated its weaker and somewhat disorganized southern neighbor, but not without paying a terrible price.

The war ended in 1848 and the United States has already paid.

I refuse to condone the current invasion of the United States by criminals.

"The Mexican-American War was the first major conflict driven by the idea of "Manifest Destiny"; the belief that America had a God-given right, or destiny, to expand the country's borders from 'sea to shining sea'."

The Mexican drug gangs wouldn't be here if they didn't think there was a huge market for their product. Make drugs legal, and the gangs disappear. We already have made one of the most lethal drugs legal already. It's called Alcohol. Ask any baby doctor what causes more damage to an unborn child between alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine. If he knows his facts, it is alcohol.

Most Americans don't see the morally wrong thinking of our invading Mexico (and taking HALF thier land when we should have maybe just took Texas) was in part because our politicians thought GOD TOLD US WE COULD??? Do you really think God gives a flying f--- about countries? How about instead of "God Blesss America," how about saying, "God Bless the World"?

Besides, gold was discovered in California and we wanted in our pockets, not Mexico's. Hence, the Gold Rush of 1849.

We (the U.S.) are the most war-loving country on the planet. Can you see why other people might hate us? We've taken the the Hawaiian Islands, the Phillipines, Cuba (which quickly gained her independence, but we kept Guantamino Bay, home of "Gitmo"), Guam, Grenada and Puerto Rico. We took part of Panama for the Panama Canal. We've also invaded many Caribbean and South American countries to arm them with dictators that would keep the civilians in line so our private U.S. corporations could exploit the land for our gain (oil, mining, plantations, etc.) and the local population will work for pennies. Our participation in World Wars I & II were in part for our financial interests in Europe, afraid we wouldn't get in on the spoils. Now we are fighting in the Middle East to gain partial control of that most valuable resource there currently is: oil.

51% of the U.S. federal budget is spent on the military. In comparison, 7% of the budget is allowed for education.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

I did not invade Mexico. I was born in California.

So regardless of which country lays claim to the territory, it is still my place of origin.

There is no excuse for the murder of the 15 year old high school student by some idiotic drug gang who trespassed the border, nor is there any excuse for the home invasions they commit in Arizona. It's just not okay. And that would be true even if they legally allowed the whole state of Kentucky to grow and harvest marijuana today.

My hometown is literally less than 5 miles from the border. The border fence is a stupid concept.. not even a viable "quick fix," as you can see. I don't have the strength to go into how illogical this "solution" is... maybe dealing with the fact that the drug trafficking between the US and Mexico BECAUSE there IS a market for drugs in our society (as dpat said)--a society so hellbent on villainizing certain drugs so that they do facilitate a black market. Fix policies and improve relations.. the fence is a stupid answer.

The Mexican drug gangs wouldn't be here if they didn't think there was a huge market for their product. Make drugs legal, and the gangs disappear. We already have made one of the most lethal drugs legal already. It's called Alcohol. Ask any baby doctor what causes more damage to an unborn child between alcohol, heroin and crack cocaine. If he knows his facts, it is alcohol.

Most Americans don't see the morally wrong thinking of our invading Mexico (and taking HALF thier land when we should have maybe just took Texas) was in part because our politicians thought GOD TOLD US WE COULD??? Do you really think God gives a flying f--- about countries? How about instead of "God Blesss America," how about saying, "God Bless the World"?

Besides, gold was discovered in California and we wanted in our pockets, not Mexico's. Hence, the Gold Rush of 1849.

We (the U.S.) are the most war-loving country on the planet. Can you see why other people might hate us? We've taken the the Hawaiian Islands, the Phillipines, Cuba (which quickly gained her independence, but we kept Guantamino Bay, home of "Gitmo"), Guam, Grenada and Puerto Rico. We took part of Panama for the Panama Canal. We've also invaded many Caribbean and South American countries to arm them with dictators that would keep the civilians in line so our private U.S. corporations could exploit the land for our gain (oil, mining, plantations, etc.) and the local population will work for pennies. Our participation in World Wars I & II were in part for our financial interests in Europe, afraid we wouldn't get in on the spoils. Now we are fighting in the Middle East to gain partial control of that most valuable resource there currently is: oil.

51% of the U.S. federal budget is spent on the military. In comparison, 7% of the budget is allowed for education.

Survival of the fittest, It's tough but life isn't fair.slapface.gif

Um, Spanish Crown? Hidalgo? Treaty of Cordoba? We Americans may have screwed the Native Americans, the Mexicans just bred with them, so I guess that gives them a pass. Let the conquerors give back what is the birthright of the previous conquerors? The southwestern states were siezed by Mexico. And we siezed it from them. It was in 1813 that Mexico made its Declaration of Independence, not the dawn of time. Cortez Cortez....

Who cries for the Indians? No one. We just pull the handles on their slot machines.

Mexico wants back what was taken from them that they took from someone else. That's a pretty weak platform for appeal.

Go cry to Spain.

Mexico wants back what was taken from them that they took from someone else. That's a pretty weak platform for appeal.

In a nutshell. Spot on.

Sounds like the Argentinians and the Falkland Islands.

Mangani, I can't get past your sig. "Come down here and chum summa this shit!"

"Hooper drives the boat, Chief"

Love it! Yeah, I know I've said it before, and I'm off topic, but remember: "Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes." :D

Sorry Evster, I guess I should change my sig if it conjures up other things LOL. :D

"Anyway, we delivered the bomb". :P

Pub's open mate!

Farewell and ado to you fair Spanish ladies

Farewell and ado to you ladies of Spain

For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston

And so nevermore shall we see you again

Show me the way to go home..okay I'm done! ;)

Getting back to the border issue...do you live in a border state???

I do, and I can tell you that legalizing drugs is not the cure-all you're proposing it to be. The issue is illegal immigration just as it always has been. Drugs have always been a problem, but I guess it takes a van suddenly veering off of the I-10 right in front of you, the doors bursting open and 40+ scared Mexicans running into the desert, whilst the driver opens fire on them to bring the point home. Phoenix is the kidnapping capital because the "coyotes" round up illegal border crossers, or take their money with a promise to just ride on into America, cept they get driven straight to a house somewhere, and held captive until their family back in Mexico pays to set them free. Calderon is waging a war against these drug gangs, and they're pushing the enevelope by spilling into the US. When the Mexican mafia was left alone to operate, the violence was internal, and innocent Americans weren't the target of a gang trying to get attention so their own government will "ease up off their backs".

The mexican gangs are not out here under your misguided notion to 'claim back" what once belonged to their ancestors, err the Native Americans, err the Spaniards etc... they want freedom to make money, and while legalizing drugs might seem like a logical step to take the wind out of their sales, don't you think they will turn to other ways of terrorizing us? Do you really think that the biggest money maker for them (Crystal meth) will EVER be legalized? Pot...maybe, but meth reduces people to nothing, while endangering everybody around them.

Leave the borders open and they will continue to make money on human trafficking just as they have been all along, and if you reduce the avenues for them to make money, they'll just blaze a whole new trail. Crimes against their own people in this country, and against us.

Deal with the border issue.

There is no excuse for the gangs. What they do is unconscionable by any civilized standards.

I'm not really worried about the fence going for scrap reclamation though. Boeing has plans to build a new one. It does remind me of the way Mexico steals cars, chops and then re-sells them, however.

Um, Spanish Crown? Hidalgo? Treaty of Cordoba? We Americans may have screwed the Native Americans, the Mexicans just bred with them, so I guess that gives them a pass. Let the conquerors give back what is the birthright of the previous conquerors? The southwestern states were siezed by Mexico. And we siezed it from them. It was in 1813 that Mexico made its Declaration of Independence, not the dawn of time. Cortez Cortez....

Who cries for the Indians? No one. We just pull the handles on their slot machines.

Go cry to Spain.

Now here's a man i could do business with, yes thats you EV, as Americia really belongs to Great Britain (Morally and Historical and Definately Lawfully) then Mexico should be dealing with US, and as WE (Great Britain) have left the Custodianship of the said Country and its States to the US Government then as far as WE (The British Government and its People) are concerned, You (Mexico) have no Moral or Historical and Definately No Lawful Claim to the said Country or its States.

If you (Mexico) really want to press the issue and do something about it, then rest assured that Great Britain will come to the Aid of our Custodian Friends in the USA and give our Full Millitary Support and Backing to them, you have been warned. Remember The Alamo? Remember The Armada? Remember Waterloo? Remember The Falklands? Remember Remember the Fifth of November?

You have been warned again. :nuke::hunter::flying:

I hope that all of our Dear Friends in the Great US of A can sleep well from now on, knowing that their welfare is as important to us as it is to them.

Regards, BIGDAN on behalf of all the Little People of the World.

PS.:lol:

No no no no no, Great Britain did not establish control in Mexico, rather it failed to do so, and Spain succeeded with a little help from the conquistadores.

Hi ET,

Please explain?

Who said Great Britain ever tried to establish control of Mexico?

As far as i know Spain was the first European Country to Conquer Mexico, Mexico became independent in 1821, but because she refused to pay interest on her debts to France, Spain and the US. France, Spain and Great Britain sent their Fleets to Mexico to secure the Debt. When Great Britain and Spain realised that Frances ambition was Conquest they withdrew leaving France to install Maximillian as Emperor in 1864. This lasted untill 1867 when Maximillian was Executed and the Republic was restored.

Regards, Danny

I'm with Big Dan....................even if he is one of the little people. :D

Thanks Mangani, we wee'uns need all the help we can get, especially when it comes to Top Shelf Magazines, :D do they think that just because we are "Little" that we dont have (Sexual) feelings and desires?

Regards, Danny the "Leprechaun be Jabers"

Those numbers do not include veterans' benefits and the interest on the debt used to finance recent military actions. Nor does it include the Department of Defense budget cost of the "global war on terror" in Iraq, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Pie chart for 2009 U.S. Budget

Lets see if you can find an objective source that corroborates that info. I don't believe an antiwar website is capable of being objective. Or not, I don't really care, you are welcome to believe whatever you want.

Archived