Romancing The Stone

Mary Hartman

Hi,

Since there's always room for more romance in the world. I thought this would be a good place to start this topic. Use your imagination or tell us about past romances or newly planned ones.

To me, someone singing to me, or playing romantic music over dinner and candle lights complete with antique bone china always blows me away.

But don't get me wrong there are more simple ways too, like a clever glance and kind words.

Music? Sir Paul/Carry us forward sir.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AK9QVN0bpa4

This thread is dedicated to Linda McCartney and John Bonhan.

I must run..be kind to each other.

givingtongue.gif

Respect is important, in any relationship, and trust,without these you can t have a good relationship with someone, I have someone who I have been seeing for seven months,and I would trust him with my life.

when I think of romance I think of my gorgeous boyfriend Georgio.

Hi,

Since there's always room for more romance in the world. I thought this would be a good place to start this topic. Use your imagination or tell us about past romances or newly planned ones.

To me, someone singing to me, or playing romantic music over dinner and candle lights complete with antique bone china always blows me away.

But don't get me wrong there are more simple ways too, like a clever glance and kind words.

Music? Sir Paul/Carry us forward sir.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AK9QVN0bpa4

This thread is dedicated to Linda McCartney and John Bonhan.

I must run..be kind to each other.

givingtongue.gif

Great topic! I think romance can be so many things, but after being divorced twice I have learned that (speaking for myself) it has to be your soulmate you are with. Then everyday can be romantic because the souls have bonded.One of my best friends ,a male, we both divorced six years ago at the time and made a vow to stay single until we find that. We are both still single and very happy in general.

We were talking about the fact that a lot of people are together because they love each, but it's the being IN LOVE that is so hard to maintain.

Romance to me can be that look that you give each other in a crowded room, or laying in a field of flowers and gazing at the sky, or laying in bed on a rainy afternoon, holding one another, sometimes not even having to say a word, just being with that person. Standing by each other through the good and the bad, never forgetting that the good outweighs the bad. The feeling that you get when that someone places your hand in theirs and you feel that anything is possible. Getting away to a log cabin in the woods, laying in front of a fireplace or getting dressed for a night out and being so proud of this person that is by your side.

For those of us female and single, for me anyway, I can put on TSRTS DVD and dream of Robert:-)!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bt9u4PlJiw

I think someone going out of their way to be nice to you and do little things for you that they know will make you happy is romance--especially when it means they have to spend time with you to "do those little things."

I LOVE it when I come home and I'm exhausted, and somethign that I normally "have to do" is done, like the dishes, maybe the laundry, etc. I also love it when my boyfriend buys me something (even if it's really stupid like a soda) when he's out becuase he's thinking of me. I HATE it when he does something like stops at a coffee shop and doesn't think twice about getting me a drink too, but I LOVE it when he calls and asks me if I want a one too.

That kind of thing shows that you are thinking about them, and though it's a cheap and easy way to keep them happy, I say do it!

Sometimes I buy silly things like his favorite candy bar at the grocery store; sometimes I do things like buy him big things. Sometimes, I just surprise him with the fact htat I'm willing to watch a movie he wants to watch that I don't want to watch.

This may sound like a really small thing, but just last weekend, my husband surprised me by volunteering to work at one of the water stations during the race I was running in. Not only was he there to support me, but he was supporting the cause as well (the local breast cancer center) and it meant a lot to get a high five from him when I ran by :)

Great topic! I think romance can be so many things, but after being divorced twice I have learned that (speaking for myself) it has to be your soulmate you are with. Then everyday can be romantic because the souls have bonded.One of my best friends ,a male, we both divorced six years ago at the time and made a vow to stay single until we find that. We are both still single and very happy in general.

We were talking about the fact that a lot of people are together because they love each, but it's the being IN LOVE that is so hard to maintain.

Romance to me can be that look that you give each other in a crowded room, or laying in a field of flowers and gazing at the sky, or laying in bed on a rainy afternoon, holding one another, sometimes not even having to say a word, just being with that person. Standing by each other through the good and the bad, never forgetting that the good outweighs the bad. The feeling that you get when that someone places your hand in theirs and you feel that anything is possible. Getting away to a log cabin in the woods, laying in front of a fireplace or getting dressed for a night out and being so proud of this person that is by your side.

For those of us female and single, for me anyway, I can put on TSRTS DVD and dream of Robert:-)!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5Bt9u4PlJiw

What a lovely statement. I love fireplaces. And too I think like you said, sometimes just saying nothing can mean way more than talking about it. Just a look and a glance.

In the fall and the spring you see romance a lot here.

This may sound like a really small thing, but just last weekend, my husband surprised me by volunteering to work at one of the water stations during the race I was running in. Not only was he there to support me, but he was supporting the cause as well (the local breast cancer center) and it meant a lot to get a high five from him when I ran by :)

Those small things make marriage stable. I guess.

Same with my parents... My dad makes my mom's favorite coffee every time she visits him. Or he leaves her the part of the newspaper she likes to read. My mom would make his favorite salad for lunch.

That's not so romantic, but it has its charm.

Those small things make marriage stable. I guess.

Same with my parents... My dad makes my mom's favorite coffee every time she visits him. Or he leaves her the part of the newspaper she likes to read. My mom would make his favorite salad for lunch.

That's not so romantic, but it has its charm.

^That's awesome, Virginia! I can't see my boyfriend doing that. Like ever.

We've been married almost 19 years, and with 3 school aged kids, things are pretty hectic. So it is definitely the little things at this phase of life :) Tonight he is out refereeing, and I am taking care of his farms (Farm Town/Farmville) and that will make him happy :)

I like Hotplant's list.

Walks on the beach, sleeping together on the beach (did that in Mexico, still a beautiful memory), hiking in the mountains, skiing together, dinners at very romantic upscale restaurants (Tangerine in Center City Philly is one of the prettiest and most comfortable dining spots) and in Beaver Creek Colorado had an awesome dinner at a gorgeous French Chateau high up in the mountains overlooking the city. Meals by the ocean at beachfront cafes/restaurants are always romantic, too (especially if you're eating lobster). :) Making out at a movie. Just holding hands with a loved one at a movie. One of the most romantic memories i have is when i saw The Matrix Reloaded with a new love (IMAX theatre). Quiet evenings just relaxing can be romantic, too. Nice to get flowers once in a while, too.

One of the most romantic things a man did for me was for a wedding anniversary one year. My ex-husband made a really great scrapbook for me. He had pictures of me growing up, our families, friends, pictures of our wedding/vacations etc... and since he loved to write, plenty of his own thoughts in it. He was creative and the project took him a good deal of time to prepare.

Respect is important, in any relationship, and trust,without these you can t have a good relationship with someone, I have someone who I have been seeing for seven months,and I would trust him with my life.

when I think of romance I think of my gorgeous boyfriend Georgio.

Great I'm happy you enjoy him.

I think long cruises are romantic. Like to the Bahamas, Jamaica and Alaska. You don't have to worry about driving, there's plenty of food and entertainment. And the views on some of them are extraordinary :D

Edit: Post modified for momentum.

yes he is kind, and trustful, after the mess I got myself into awhile back I

am glad to find someone who cares.

Trust is to care about someone, not abuse them, I know I trusted someone once he

nearly destroyed me.

Nobody believes it.

How is your book and Italy Pauline?

Maybe like this

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=c7q&q=The+brain+and+romance&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

I can think of a million way's to be romantic, there is the visual of beauty (in the eye of the beholder) and the sound's of passion. Those I think are the strongest.

Visual of beauty, like this:

http://architypes.net/pattern/beauty

or maybe this .....

OS20021.jpg

perhaps this.....

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Women-Look-For-in-Men---A-Guide-to-Self-Improvment&id=660438

What is good looking to one, may be ugly to another.

Sound's of passion will most likely give everyone a bit of a lift. Even if you can't see what's going on or the people doing the deed.

Just being close and feeling a woman's breath lightly in my ear (hearing the sound as well as the heat from her mouth) will set me in motion.

But that may not be romance, that may just be passion. Things that we all do before you get that far into the throw's of eroticism may be true romance.

I think someone going out of their way to be nice to you and do little things for you that they know will make you happy is romance--especially when it means they have to spend time with you to "do those little things."

I LOVE it when I come home and I'm exhausted, and somethign that I normally "have to do" is done, like the dishes, maybe the laundry, etc. I also love it when my boyfriend buys me something (even if it's really stupid like a soda) when he's out becuase he's thinking of me.

It really is the little things that count the most isn't it? My boyfriend does the same thing while I'm in class. I get home really late because its a four hour night class. Then when I do get home I find it hard to relax because I find things that need to be done. So he started cleaning while I'm in class and I was so happy that I could actually relax.

I had a 4 hour morning class yesterday, so this morning he got up with the baby and let me sleep. Then woke me up for breakfast he made. Now that's what I call romantic. FOOD :wub: He can cook better than I can, but I sure as hell ain't complaining.

It really is the little things that count the most isn't it? My boyfriend does the same thing while I'm in class. I get home really late because its a four hour night class. Then when I do get home I find it hard to relax because I find things that need to be done. So he started cleaning while I'm in class and I was so happy that I could actually relax.

I had a 4 hour morning class yesterday, so this morning he got up with the baby and let me sleep. Then woke me up for breakfast he made. Now that's what I call romantic. FOOD :wub: He can cook better than I can, but I sure as hell ain't complaining.

You have a nice thing going there BL. You two sound happy, keep surprising your guy with little simple things and remember....it's the time more than anything.

Just being THERE for someone and not bailing on simple troubles will protect you against stormy weather.

=

Everyone relax and enjoy yourself as I take you on an Alaska Cruise and leave you for the night.....

goodnight

You have a nice thing going there BL. You two sound happy, keep surprising your guy with little simple things and remember....it's the time more than anything.

Just being THERE for someone and not bailing on simple troubles will protect you against stormy weather.

=

Thanks, we do have a nice relationship. I love my little family. But what do you mean by the time?

My husband and I have been married for 24 years and we do small things for each other every day. Love is wanting to make their life easier and make them happy. He is my soulmate and I his. We recently spent a weekend at a bed and breakfast. The room was decorated southwest style with a cozy fireplace. We shared a bottle of champagne and had an intimate night together. We fell asleep in each others arms and when I awoke I looked up through the skylight over our bed and a full moon was visible right in the middle shining its blue light over our bodies. I felt so fulfilled in life at that moment. I still do but it was one of those memories that I won't forget.

Thanks, we do have a nice relationship. I love my little family. But what do you mean by the time?

Time being together. I think some call it one on one or family time. Many people would rather make excuses to chase large amounts of money or lie their way into another relationship.

Bonding takes one on one time.

Time.

Not just a quick scrog and thinking that's all you have to do to own someone or prove you love them.

Most great things come about with time and hard work ;)

You have to be willing to put your partner above money and other sexual encounters you are trying to keep too.

Now there are people who believe in "playing the field?"

But I am not one of them.

Being true is the true love and cheating can take many forms.

Anyways back to why we are here. I think a clean house with nice decorations and flowers is really romantic. It shows the person has pride in themselves and the world around them.

I think girls who are well groomed and smell nice are romantic. It shows once again they care for themselves and how they appear to others.

Dressing nicely is always romantic to me......girls with nice dresses are always sexy which is romantic. Not putting the same old dirty sweats day in and day out so you do not have to wash clothes.

I think long drives in the country with the windows rolled down is romantic :D

Romantic walk in the moonlight, looking at the stars,

a lovely dinner,

flowers, sweet smelling, running on the beach doging the waves,

watching a romantic DVD with your favourite person,

all these things I enjoy doing work permitting, nice to have something to focus on.biggrin.gif

Archived