DVD of the O2 Benefit show to be released

That's very restrained of you, considering you'd just been called a liar, twice.

I can understand that some people can be sincerely mistaken. The Truth speaks for itself, doesn't it....

No Harm Done... All is Well.... B)

Why all the hate towards Kevin Shirley? The guy worked directly with Jimmy on all that stuff. So what you got had Jimmy's thumb's up. Some people are never satisfied.

As for a DVD of O2, it will NOT happen if they think they blew it, just like they prevented their performance at Live-Aid from being put out.

What I would personally like to see in addition to the actual show is video and/or audio of the best of their rehearsals. Since so many songs will have been rehearsed but never played at the gig, if the O2 show is going to be it for LZ, the rehearsals would go a long way to piece together a longer pseudo-concert. But I haven't heard any indications that they are recording their rehearsals. There are probably some casual home movies and recordings but it is probably not being documented like a reality show the way so many other things tend to be these days.

I think you need a certain number of posts to see the option.

Ahhh, that must be it !! I did notice that others that have as many or almost as many posts, as you have --- still have the same heading.... I think maybe they don't even know that they can change.... :o

This just in- new snippets of what the band have been discussing. :rolleyes:

Robert Plant: Babybabybaby.......I just want to say that there will be no tour or no new album....ah, I changed mind....there will be a new tour and album....ahh...nah there won't be. Where are my sharks you wankers?!

Jimmy Page: Oh come on Robert...it's all about the music.

JPJ: Am I still relevant in this band?

JPJ: Are you going to remember my phone number bitches

Please do not let Kevin Shirley get within the same area code as the master tapes or all the guitar solos will be clipped and Pro Tooled beyond recognition. The Alan Douglas of

Led Zeppelin's live catalog. :)

Amen!!!

This just in- new snippets of what the band have been discussing. :rolleyes:

Robert Plant: Babybabybaby.......I just want to say that there will be no tour or no new album....ah, I changed mind....there will be a new tour and album....ahh...nah there won't be. Where are my sharks you wankers?!

Jimmy Page: Oh come on Robert...it's all about the music.

JPJ: Am I still relevant in this band?

JPJ: Are you going to remember my phone number bitches

hahahaha

yesterday I heard on the Rock Report from KLOS (Los Angeles) that it was "confirmed" that they WILL be filming the performance for a DVD release.

I like everyone else hope its true!

I don't listen to KLOS so I'm curious: did they give the source of their info.? I'm wondering if they got the info. from MTV Canada too. B)

I don't listen to KLOS so I'm curious: did they give the source of their info.? I'm wondering if they got the info. from MTV Canada too. B)

good question..... they didn't say where the news was from.

Please do not let Kevin Shirley get within the same area code as the master tapes or all the guitar solos will be clipped and Pro Tooled beyond recognition. The Alan Douglas of

Led Zeppelin's live catalog. :)

kevin shirley has been a asset to the zep live catalogue and if you want an example,put on the original SRTS and then compare it to the enhanced version and then if your still not convinced put on the dvd and listen to the dts soundtrack.another example is page/plant unledded,listen to the original dvd,then listen to the update version mixed by kevin shirley and tell anyone there isnt a difference for the better. ps update your av gear.

Even if it was recorded we probably wouln't hear a damn thing. Especially any boots. I fully expect the crowd to go freaking crazy. I would. I've been playing the opening in my head. The opening riff for TSRTS comes out of the darkness and they explode onto the stage. Just to think of the power in that moment. I'd be deaf for the rest of the show!

What drives me nuts is this rumor of a live dvd appears to have come from a short little blurb shoehorned into an obscure MTV "news" blog, without the courtesy of a source. There is not one mention of this story anyplace else on the net.

One would think that whatever company contracted to film the show would be crowing about it to anyone who would listen, in this particular case literally millions of people.

Archived