DVD of the O2 Benefit show to be released

There's a proper title for a this thread ! !

AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT TO COME OUT ON DVD. Good news for the millions of people who want to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert on Monday, but aren't able to - the event will be recorded for a DVD release. The show, which pays tribute to the Atlantic Records co-founder, will feature performances from Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and, most notably, a reunited Led Zeppelin. There's no word on when the DVD will hit shelves.

I looked on the mtv website and it's not there. It's not anywhere on the internet. Another lie. Stop making lies people, this is an example of how the Bonnaroo and touring with the Cult rumours start. Stop making shit up.

Why wouldn't a dvd be released? I'm sure as hell expecting it to be.

Please do not let Kevin Shirley get within the same area code as the master tapes or all the guitar solos will be clipped and Pro Tooled beyond recognition. The Alan Douglas of

Led Zeppelin's live catalog. :)

is it possible that on things like Royal Albert Hall 1970, the years have taken their toll on the master tapes? The reason I ask is because to my ears "Were gonna groove" from the Coda album (vinyl) has more headroom and clarity than the DVD.

is it possible that on things like Royal Albert Hall 1970, the years have taken their toll on the master tapes? The reason I ask is because to my ears "Were gonna groove" from the Coda album (vinyl) has more headroom and clarity than the DVD.

The mastertapes for Earls Court '75 have not held up well at all. I'd imagine the RAH '70 master isn't much better.

This info was posted on the Canada MTV Site. The article is there if your scroll down to it, about a 1/3 of way down.... :whistling:

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=5678

It does say that.

AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT TO COME OUT ON DVD. Good news for the millions of people who want to go to the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert on Monday, but aren't able to - the event will be recorded for a DVD release. The show, which pays tribute to the Atlantic Records co-founder, will feature performances from Foreigner, Paul Rodgers, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and, most notably, a reunited Led Zeppelin. There's no word on when the DVD will hit shelves.

I would think they would release a DVD, but the disappointment of NO DVD is far to great. I will just wait.

Please do not let Kevin Shirley get within the same area code as the master tapes or all the guitar solos will be clipped and Pro Tooled beyond recognition. The Alan Douglas of

Too funny!!!

In related news.... Zeppelin should be finished filming at Shepperton, any day now . . . :D

Yeah, rather than give it to the engineer that Jimmy Page himself trusts, it would be far better to give the tapes to another basement audio wanna-be to "remaster" and to release to the masses.

:rolleyes:

I would think they would release a DVD, but the disappointment of NO DVD is far to great. I will just wait.

Yeah and I'd think they'd continue touring for the same reason but a lot of people are less enthusiastic about that!

Yeah, rather than give it to the engineer that Jimmy Page himself trusts, it would be far better to give the tapes to another basement audio wanna-be to "remaster" and to release to the masses.

:rolleyes:

No, give it to someone like Sir George Martin, or at least be sure to give it to someone ELSE. Shirley is the label's workhorse, not Jimmy's. Page was told to trust Steve Albini and WIC still sounds like shit 10 years later.

Yeah and I'd think they'd continue touring for the same reason but a lot of people are less enthusiastic about that!

The likelyhood if a DVD of the 02 is far more likely then a tour, don't you think?

We will just have to wait and see.

There will end up being 2 DVD's IMO. One for the Ahmet Fund which is basically a highlight reel of the entire show with an incomplete Zep set . And if all goes well eventually the full set will be released separately by the band, probably with a bunch of behind the scene extras.

I'll be tickled pink with a DVD. :D

I think a massive tour would be just too huge. Too many problems, fights over super-sets versus

simple sets. Fights over where. Ticket Pure Hell.

DVD yes, DVD yes........ :banana::banana:

Gotta love a woman who is easy to please. :D

Archived