I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

On 12/15/2021 at 3:17 PM, BobDobbs said:

HA! I was referring to Taps :hysterical:

Though Danny DeVito would have been awesome in Taps in the George C. Scott role, however the movie would have been a wee bit different as a result.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. Hehehe.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, BobDobbs said:

I liked early Tom Cruise while he still had the F-ed up teeth which made him look like a "sexually ambiguous" serial killer. 

I tried to crack you up with that last pic of Tom lol ...nah? As soon as I saw that pic from my google search, I was like "this is the one" 😂

21 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

I tried to crack you up with that last pic of Tom lol ...nah? As soon as I saw that pic from my google search, I was like "this is the one" 😂

and in that you succeeded Sir. Always liked Cruise as an actor but the dude is a straight-up freak. Not pimp master freak nasty but just weird, psychotic freak-O Xenu lover.

BTW, I always thought Cruise became a Scientologist for the same reason Travolta did, to try and exorcize the gay away through their auditing. Scientology claims homosexuality is an aberration which can be corrected so it's no surprise many of Hollywood's leading actors became converts. Also explains why Scientology is beginning to die a slow death now that LGBTQ+ is mainstream and acceptable. When the "cure" no longer has an "illness," what's the point?

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

and in that you succeeded Sir. Always liked Cruise as an actor but the dude is a straight-up freak. Not pimp master freak nasty but just weird, psychotic freak-O Xenu lover.

BTW, I always thought Cruise became a Scientologist for the same reason Travolta did, to try and exorcize the gay away through their auditing. Scientology claims homosexuality is an aberration which can be corrected so it's no surprise many of Hollywood's leading actors became converts. Also explains why Scientology is beginning to die a slow death now that LGBTQ+ is mainstream and acceptable. When the "cure" no longer has an "illness," what's the point?

Yeah I've always suspected the same thing. They def have dirt on him or he would have left a long time ago. Travolta, too. Sad, really, I thinkScientology is dying a slow death because of the internet haha, But your theory also makes sense, I'm sure that's a factor.

I don't know if you're a Kubrick fan or not, but in Eyes Wide Shut, there are a ton of nods to Cruise's homosexuality in there. That movie is meta on so many levels, it's crazy. He def picked Tom and Nicole for some very specific reasons.

5 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

Yeah I've always suspected the same thing. They def have dirt on him or he would have left a long time ago. Travolta, too. Sad, really, I thinkScientology is dying a slow death because of the internet haha, But your theory also makes sense, I'm sure that's a factor.

I don't know if you're a Kubrick fan or not, but in Eyes Wide Shut, there are a ton of nods to Cruise's homosexuality in there. That movie is meta on so many levels, it's crazy. He def picked Tom and Nicole for some very specific reasons.

I liked how the guy that Kidman was fixated on was a naval aviator and how he was shown in his dress whites. It appeared to me poor Tom was jealous not because the wife was wanting the pipe from Mr. Big Daddy Long-stroke, but because he did not hook up with the chappie first.

I think everyone knows how Goose got his nickname and that Maverick was the "bottom" in that relationship. Hell, Goose was even in the back seat! Then after Goose dies old Mav just about shoots himself in the dick he is so overcome with grief. How much more obvious do these references have to be! :hysterical:

8 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

I liked how the guy that Kidman was fixated on was a naval aviator and how he was shown in his dress whites. It appeared to me Poor Tom was jealous not because the wife was wanting the pipe from Mr. Big Daddy Long-stroke, but because he did not hook up with the chappie first.

I think everyone knows how Goose got his nickname and that Maverick was the "bottom" in that relationship. Hell, Goose was even in the back seat! Then after Goose dies old Mav just about shoots himself in the dick he is so overcome with grief. How much more obvious do these references have to be! :hysterical:

Oh damn, didn't even catch that! He also wore "the whites" in "A Few Good Men", another fav of mine. 

Edited by 1975NQ

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Yes, my droogies. "A Clockwork Orange" (Rated X!) premiered in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, and Toronto on this day 50 years ago. December 19, 1971 was a Sunday. You never see movies open on a Sunday these days.

269692400_3499459680280448_2172016070943422686_n.jpg.51408377b5be225e29e9c8965249e548.jpg

Saw it in the theater with my nephew. We were cracking up. 😄

Amazon.com: Three Came Home : Claudette Colbert, Patric Knowles, Florence  Desmond, Sessue Hayakawa, Sylvia Andrew, Mark Keuning, Phyllis Morris,  Howard Chuman, John Burton, Campbell Copelin, Leslie Denison, Devi Dja,  Milton R. Krasner,

6 hours ago, Strider said:

Yes, my droogies. "A Clockwork Orange" (Rated X!) premiered in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, and Toronto on this day 50 years ago. December 19, 1971 was a Sunday. You never see movies open on a Sunday these days.

269692400_3499459680280448_2172016070943422686_n.jpg.51408377b5be225e29e9c8965249e548.jpg

+"I'm singing in the rain...."

Lol...every time I see "Clockwork Orange" I have a flashback to a hospital adventure in my 20's.  I had a closed head injury with bleeding & bruising on the brain from a nasty car wreck.  They took me for a brain scan in a little room where I had to stare at an orange ball on the screen.  As they were hooking up about 30 electrodes to the outside of my head, I looked at everyone in the room with a big smile and said, "I guess it's time for some serious cosmic bashing".  This went right over their head, and they all looked at me with great concern.  Needless to say, I figured from that point on it was in my best interest to shut up.    

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

Lol...every time I see "Clockwork Orange" I have a flashback to a hospital adventure in my 20's.  I had a closed head injury with bleeding & bruising on the brain from a nasty car wreck.  They took me for a brain scan in a little room where I had to stare at an orange ball on the screen.  As they were hooking up about 30 electrodes to the outside of my head, I looked at everyone in the room with a big smile and said, "I guess it's time for some serious cosmic bashing".  This went right over their head, and they all looked at me with great concern.  Needless to say, I figured from that point on it was in my best interest to shut up.    

Just imagine what they would have thought if you would have quoted Gen. Ripper's monologue to Capt. Mandrake from Strangelove. That would have lit them up like a Christmas tree 🙂 

16 hours ago, Strider said:

50 years ago, Wednesday December 22, 1971, "Dirty Harry" premiered and entered into cinematic history. 

a5f74d45b86961e12640312f2c68606d.jpg.eb4a02c3ba63a69af16ebc992dfefd4a.jpg

I was living in Vegas at the time. Didn't even know he was filming this. Then, everyone and their fuckin' mother wanted a .44 mag. Smith & Wesson. 

Saw this last night. I miss the days when a bunch of good ol' boys like Ben Johnson, Bo Hopkins, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor would populate Hollywood movies. You also get two guys from "The Godfather" in "The Getaway"...Al Lettieri (Sollozzo) and Richard Bright (Al Neri). You appear in both "The Godfather" and "The Getaway", that's a pretty good year.

Naturally, the remake with Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger sucks.

6fa4424d74cc989589cf415fe7281361.jpg.89bda2361cb585f5ac0ebb3053a72d2c.jpg

Edited by Strider

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Saw this last night. I miss the days when a bunch of good ol' boys like Ben Johnson, Bo Hopkins, Slim Pickens, Dub Taylor would populate Hollywood movies. You also get two guys from "The Godfather" in "The Getaway"...Al Lettieri (Sollozzo) and Richard Bright (Al Neri). You appear in both "The Godfather" and "The Getaway", that's a pretty good year.

Naturally, the remake with Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger sucks.

6fa4424d74cc989589cf415fe7281361.jpg.89bda2361cb585f5ac0ebb3053a72d2c.jpg

Great movie. The garbage truck scene looked painful.

Let's go, Baldwin!