I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

10 hours ago, redrum said:

Never saw this version. All Hyde needed was a loud chopper. 😄

Great camera work. 

JEKYLL AND HYDE.jpg

It's a classic. A lot of people think this is the definitive version. My fav will always be the one with Spencer Tracy and Ingrid Bergman, tho. I think that movie is maybe the best thing ol Spencer ever did, and is also a killer performance by Ingrid. I don't think I've ever seen her so strong, vulnerable and beautiful. The directing and production are fantastic, and everyone else in it really shines (let's not forget Lana Turner!! 😍)  

2 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

It's a classic. A lot of people think this is the definitive version. My fav will always be the one with Spencer Tracy and Ingrid Bergman, tho. I think that movie is maybe the best thing ol Spencer ever did, and is also a killer performance by Ingrid. I don't think I've ever seen her so strong, vulnerable and beautiful. The directing and production are fantastic, and everyone else in it really shines (let's not forget Lana Turner!! 😍)  

I'm going to have to buy both versions for my collection. Last time I saw the Tracy version was in a small theater in the 70's. I also love the version with Jack Palance. 

PALANCE AS MR. HYDE.jpg

9 minutes ago, redrum said:

I'm going to have to buy both versions for my collection. Last time I saw the Tracy version was in a small theater in the 70's. I also love the version with Jack Palance. 

PALANCE AS MR. HYDE.jpg

Yes! That version is on my must-watch list lol. It's a rare one.

EDIT: Now streaming for free on Prime via IMDB (with ads tho)

Edited by 1975NQ

49 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Muy, muy caliente'. Mi gusto!!!!

About to tempt fate and venture far, far off topic here .. many years ago Ihad a rendezvous with a stripper from Mongolia (here in Cali, met here at her day job at Banana Republic lol) .. she was really into scratching and biting ... NOT caliente ..!!! 😂 😂 She was hot, but the pain was not worth it. Makes for a fun story tho (there are more details which I can't share that make it a fun story, I should say)

32 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

About to tempt fate and venture far, far off topic here .. many years ago Ihad a rendezvous with a stripper from Mongolia (here in Cali, met here at her day job at Banana Republic lol) .. she was really into scratching and biting ... NOT caliente ..!!! 😂 😂 She was hot, but the pain was not worth it. Makes for a fun story tho (there are more details which I can't share that make it a fun story, I should say)

I dated a Korean woman for a time who did the same thing. Wonder if it's an Asian thing? She used to like to grab me by my ears as well which hurt like hell. But everything else...WOW!!! Talk about a prisoners dilemma 😂

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

I dated a Korean woman for a time who did the same thing. Wonder if it's an Asian thing? She used to like to grab me by my ears as well which hurt like hell. But everything else...WOW!!! Talk about a prisoners dilemma 😂

And you loved it, you freaky bastard (jk lol). That's really funny, I've never heard of that before. Yeah, maybe it's an Asian thing? The Mongolian girl was very westernized .. pretty sure she was born n bred in Cali.

Last week I saw two movies released 40 years ago in 1982.

"Fast Times at Ridgemont High" was introduced by Paul Thomas Anderson and afterwards he interviewed the director Amy Heckerling. She told some great stories about Sean Penn getting beat up by punks and how Irving Azoff ruined the soundtrack with his old-fogey crappy Eagles songs.

MV5BYzBlZjE1MDctYjZmZC00ZTJmLWFkOWEtYjdmZDZkODBkZmI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.thumb.jpg.1961ca34a522f1c6d9a980560b7c2cd5.jpg

"Death Wish II" was released February 19, 1982 and so on the exact date 40 years later, the New Beverly Cinema showed it at midnight and I took my nephew and some friends. It's a blast to see with a crowd, everybody hootin' and hollerin' as Laurence Fishburne and the rest of the punks get what's coming to them over a Jimmy Page score. Every seedy location used in this movie I knew...the rat-infested Hollywood Hotel at Hollywood & Highland (now a shopping mall), the Le Sex Shoppe and Hot Dog stand at Western & Hollywood (now a Marshall's and a PetCo), the Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor at Hollywood & Las Palmas (now a corner market), the Rock Shop (formerly Peaches Records) on Hollywood Blvd. (now a tacky souvenir shop), Pt. Fermin park, the seedy hotels and rescue missions downtown L.A. around Olvera St. and Union Station.

H22358-L261042900.thumb.jpg.6eea6c4442042e535198adac36e0e9a0.jpg

7 hours ago, Strider said:

Last week I saw two movies released 40 years ago in 1982.

"Fast Times at Ridgemont High" was introduced by Paul Thomas Anderson and afterwards he interviewed the director Amy Heckerling. She told some great stories about Sean Penn getting beat up by punks and how Irving Azoff ruined the soundtrack with his old-fogey crappy Eagles songs.

MV5BYzBlZjE1MDctYjZmZC00ZTJmLWFkOWEtYjdmZDZkODBkZmI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.thumb.jpg.1961ca34a522f1c6d9a980560b7c2cd5.jpg

"Death Wish II" was released February 19, 1982 and so on the exact date 40 years later, the New Beverly Cinema showed it at midnight and I took my nephew and some friends. It's a blast to see with a crowd, everybody hootin' and hollerin' as Laurence Fishburne and the rest of the punks get what's coming to them over a Jimmy Page score. Every seedy location used in this movie I knew...the rat-infested Hollywood Hotel at Hollywood & Highland (now a shopping mall), the Le Sex Shoppe and Hot Dog stand at Western & Hollywood (now a Marshall's and a PetCo), the Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor at Hollywood & Las Palmas (now a corner market), the Rock Shop (formerly Peaches Records) on Hollywood Blvd. (now a tacky souvenir shop), Pt. Fermin park, the seedy hotels and rescue missions downtown L.A. around Olvera St. and Union Station.

H22358-L261042900.thumb.jpg.6eea6c4442042e535198adac36e0e9a0.jpg

Very cool, just listened to the Death Wish II soundtrack this past weekend. Listened to it on an actual record.

Edited by luvlz2

I am supposed to be catching up on 2021 movies for the Academy Awards, but when the New Beverly Cinema runs triple-bills like this over the weekend, who has time for the latest Aaron Sorkin snooze-fest or CGI mess?

Saturday night was a double-barrel blast of Lee Marvin and a midnight show of "Blazing Saddles". There is not one movie nominated this year that is better than any of these three.

MV5BYzUxOTg2MzAtOTY3Yi00NDVhLTk4OWItNjFjZmZlMWI2MjdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMjg@._V1_.thumb.jpg.f702a4df16caab113449fe458619f71b.jpg

MV5BODdjM2I0MGMtNDVmZS00NDVmLThiZjgtNDkzYTk3NDJkMGNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_.thumb.jpg.39057acec602826bfe22dccaf2a99b55.jpg

7f8d82d233c43818351d9ef078a74667_1f01c94b-db08-4309-b15f-82370c271380_500x.jpg.3f2c4eecbf508632b90dd185619e0f1d.jpg

Then Sunday at the American Cinematheque, Allan Arkush ("Rock 'n' Roll Highschool", "Hollywood Boulevard", "Get Crazy") introduced the Fritz Lang classic "The Woman in the Window", the first and best of the two movies Lang directed with Edward G. Robinson, Joan Bennett, and Dan Duryea in the cast.

21149.thumb.jpg.04325e4c1768acf55a1a3b9ad5bee2d5.jpg

Followed by Beau Bridges appearing in person for a Q & A after "The Landlord", Hal Ashby's directorial debut.

IMG20210508155725.jpg.b4eaa1c746f2df0f2eada5300e66f1c4.jpg

Another day where "Dune", "Lost Daughter", "Don't Look Up", "Belfast", "Being the Ricardos" and others will have to wait.