New Album with Plant,Jones,Page,Bonham

The Wizard

163 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want some new music?

• Yes
    • No

sure, they can pull a Who and record without their drummer... maybe in a few years they can record another without their bassist... and they can tour endlessly as the band that calls themselves Led Zeppelin... or maybe they can make a few laughable albums ala Pink Floyd, and Robert and Jimmy can duke it out in court while everyone laughs at what a joke Led Zeppelin has become...

I 100% agree!!!!

I think it would be a wonderful idea because im dying to hear those new Page tunes, and im sure the rest of the gang also could contribute with some more material.

Nothing to add to that. You said it all! :)

And whoever voted NO needs a good slap! <_<

:lol:

sure, they can pull a Who and record without their drummer... maybe in a few years they can record another without their bassist... and they can tour endlessly as the band that calls themselves Led Zeppelin... or maybe they can make a few laughable albums ala Pink Floyd, and Robert and Jimmy can duke it out in court while everyone laughs at what a joke Led Zeppelin has become...

... Or maybe they all actually contribute to the album and do a fine album which everyone but some certain hc-fans likes.

Hc-fans, now swearing the modern sound and success (how dare they make it sound so modern!), burns all their Zeppelin banners and then evacuates to a lonely hut in a distant land (poorly named as Bro-yrn-ur). They were never seen again.

My god man, i can see your point but saying that they could never release anything good is no better than people that say everything they release is g00d. Strange Sensation has been an ultimate proof to me that good stuff is always possible.

I voted no...(Please don't slap me!!!) I voted no because it just doesn't feel right for them to record without Bonzo. I want them to tour with all my heart! But new record, new songs? Feels like they're cheating on Bonzo. Sorry, that's just the way I feel. :(

Just go back nine or 10 years to the Rainier Ptacek tribute album "The Inner Flame" and listen to Page/Plant's song "Rude World" a few times. Or any of Plant's recent albums (Dreamland/Mighty Rearranger/Raising Sand).

They've still got some damn good music in them left.

I voted no...(Please don't slap me!!!) I voted no because it just doesn't feel right for them to record without Bonzo. I want them to tour with all my heart! But new record, new songs? Feels like they're cheating on Bonzo. Sorry, that's just the way I feel. :(

Nah, I wouldn't slap you. :)

I disagree, but that's my opinion. And I think Bonzo would be extremely happy, seeing Jason carry on the Bonham name in that fashion. Think about it.

But with that said, yes-a new approach would be mandatory. Someone mentioned Rude World- good call. That had potential, without sounding like Zep. And JPJ? One word. ZOOMA.

IF it happens-and that's a HUGE if- let's give it a chance.

Nah, I wouldn't slap you. :)

I disagree, but that's my opinion. And I think Bonzo would be extremely happy, seeing Jason carry on the Bonham name in that fashion. Think about it.

But with that said, yes-a new approach would be mandatory. Someone mentioned Rude World- good call. That had potential, without sounding like Zep. And JPJ? One word. ZOOMA.

IF it happens-and that's a HUGE if- let's give it a chance.

Thank you! How very nice and merciful of you! :D

Yeah, I guess you're right about Bonzo who would be proud of Jason and all...

this is really all I meant by my above post, those bands I named just seemed like they were trying to stretch out something with a band that wasn't all there. It doesn't seem right to just replace Bonham, no matter who his replacement is. I've said over and over that people would freak if Led Zeppelin went on without Page or Plant, why is it that Bonham can be replaced without much fuss? I think that they could pull off a good album, but why does it have to be a Led Zeppelin album? Led Zeppelin is at the end of it's life, just let it end with dignity, don't try to stretch it out. They can make an album together, sure, but name it something other than Led Zeppelin, make it a tribute to Bonzo, or maybe they could release it as the world's greatest Zep cover band, do remakes of old Zep songs, only in the style that Plant remade old blues tunes on Dreamland. that would be cool, I would support that, but a new Led Zeppelin album is just going too far.

I'd be cool if they called it something else. I have no emotional attachment to the name. It's all about the music. I do think if they were to record that they should feature Jason as a full member. Maybe he should get his own symbol considering his dad's was booze-related. I never liked what they did when Wyman left the stones and they made Darryl Jones an invisible "junior" member. Same deal with the Who and Zack Starkey and Pino Palladino. If it's going to be the spirit of Zeppelin it has to be a true ensemble which means everyone contributes and everyone gets equal respect, not "the remnants" with anonymous musicans propping them up. Hopefully Jason will earn his place in the court of public opinion at the O2 gig.

Of course I want new music. I think most would. The only reason I would vote "no" because of their larger than life legacy. Expectations would be so high, that even a very solid album by all other standards could come out as a mediocre effort and would give the naysayers a reason to say "I told you so". At the same time, trying to 'top' or 'outdo' themselves would make it seem too forced and contrived.

Anyway, I would love to see it because I believe that if they did decide to do it, that they would all expect the very best out of it. If they really want to do it, and enjoy making it, it will be good.

In the end it's not about the name, really. Remember the packaging of LZIV. Remember the paper bag for In Thruogh the Out Door. Zeppelin wanted people to buy their albums for the music, not for the corporate branding. So I would not care one iota if they changed the name and toured/recorded.

Archived