Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Excuse me?

Though it may be, I really don't see anything about the photo above that would suggest it's a fake. While you, on the other hand, have lied about your age on this forum. You also posted a photo of yourself in the aforementioned thread that obviously wasn't you, especially if you're not actually 16 years old. In other words, it's hard to take anything you say on this forum seriously when you lie through your teeth so often.

Mott the Hoople?

On May 7, 1974 Plant, Page, Bonham and Mick Ralphs of Bad Company did attend Mott The Hoople's gig at the Uris Theater on Broadway in NYC. (The East Coast launch of Swan Song Records was held earlier that day at the Four Seasons Hotel). I can't say for certain this photograph was taken then (that's Maureen Plant to Robert's left); perhaps we can arrive at confirmation.

Edited by SteveAJones

D. Lewis in his "Led Zeppelin: The Concert File", relating UK Winter '71-Tour, wrote:

"This period saw the introduction on stage of the four symbols from the fourth album sleeve.

Jimmy's so called 'ZoSo' symbol was added to one of his Marshal speaker cabinets. Bonzo had the three linked circles on the Ludwig bass drum. Jones had his symbol draped across the Fender Rhodes keyboard, and Robert's feather symbol is painted onto a side speaker PA cabinet...."

Have you come across at least one shot with Plant's feather?

or it's myth?

Tnx

LM

Edited by Ledy Mazeppa

• Administrators

D. Lewis in his "Led Zeppelin: The Concert File", relating UK Winter '71-Tour, wrote:

"This period saw the introduction on stage of the four symbols from the fourth album sleeve.

Jimmy's so called 'ZoSo' symbol was added to one of his Marshal speaker cabinets. Bonzo had the three linked circles on the Ludwig bass drum. Jones had his symbol draped across the Fender Rhodes keyboard, and Robert's feather symbol is painted onto a side speaker PA cabinet...."

Have you come across at least one shot with Plant's feather?

or it's myth?

Tnx

LM

liverpool1971a.jpg

ledzeppelin.com/show/november-29-1971

rather curious picture, taken from Q Classic - The Ultimate Collectors Edition:

'Led Zeppelin : Classic, Rare & Unseen'

in the caption indicates that photo was taken by Dominique Tarle on the day of the the very first rehearsal

but I somehow doubt on this score

Your opinions?

Tnx

LM

7e8b0d39.jpg

340c7f37.jpg

I noticed in this photo from June 29, 1969 (first show) an object that had features of the same as a camera, I know some shows were filmed at the RAH throughout this time period. I was wondering if anyone here could confirm what this object is (boxed in red)?

zepax4.jpg1158.jpg

rather curious picture, taken from Q Classic - The Ultimate Collectors Edition:

'Led Zeppelin : Classic, Rare & Unseen'

in the caption indicates that photo was taken by Dominique Tarle on the day of the the very first rehearsal

but I somehow doubt on this score

Your opinions?

Tnx

LM

7e8b0d39.jpg

340c7f37.jpg

This picture was discussed on another site. It is thought to be the BBC Playhouse recording for the Top Gear program on March 3rd 1969. Also the elevators brought into question of it being from Gerrard St.

Edited by 3hrsoflunacy

I noticed in this photo from June 29, 1969 (first show) an object that had features of the same as a camera, I know some shows were filmed at the RAH throughout this time period. I was wondering if anyone here could confirm what this object is (boxed in red)?

zepax4.jpg1158.jpg

Not a camera.

This picture was discussed on another site. It is thought to be the BBC Playhouse recording for the Top Gear program on March 3rd 1969. Also the elevators brought into question of it being from Gerrard St.

....Ledy, here is the discussion on this photo...

http://forums.ledzep...house__st__3040

http://forums.ledzep...__1#entry544326 (BBC Photo)

Corrected for clarity....

Edited by PlanetPage

• Administrators

Really? That's what made me think that one was RAH. Sam do you have any photos taken at the LZII sessions, besides the one by Chuck, and information about the 8mm video supposedly to exist?

There's photos of LZ II sessions by Chuck Boyd, Dominique Tarle, Ron Raffaelli and Jim Cummins. Haven't seen any proof of 8mm film.