Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Someone posted this on facebook yesterday. I think this is Jimmy, but I am not 100% sure. The costumes look real and the regular clothes look like they are Jimmy. My guess would be sometime in the '77 tour. I also wondered if it was person who plays Jimmy in Japan.

backstage77.jpg

Could be Lynn Collins, who Jimmy dated when he was in the Yardbirds.

I know this is an old post. However having read all the comments on this image, some of them claiming the location to be in Denmark, I as a native Dane, feel like posting a comment.

The yellow brick house in the background was a type of house that was very common in Denmark at the time. In fact if you go to any neighbourhood in Denmark that originates from that time you'll find several houses with that sort of architecture. The lamp posts however I have never seen in Denmark - ever! Also this appears to be a small house. And it would be very unusual in Denmark to paint parking booths in front of a small building. I have never seen that done anywhere. The license plate on the car is hard to make out, but they where black and white in Denmark back then. I'm not saying this is, or is not taken in Denmark, I'm just providing some facts :)

Someone posted this on facebook yesterday. I think this is Jimmy, but I am not 100% sure. The costumes look real and the regular clothes look like they are Jimmy. My guess would be sometime in the '77 tour. I also wondered if it was person who plays Jimmy in Japan.

backstage77.jpg

I think this pic has to be fairly recent- that blue suitcase looks like styles of today not the 70's.

• 3 weeks later...

The guy on the left photo is Mike Corby. He sold that guitar to Jimmy back in 1974.

693307dcfc5843271d0cc560d81ddc10.jpg

Ok, this can't be right, Jimmy used this guitar in 1973... I thought he bought it from an actual store, as it was the "brand new" 1973 Gibson Strandard guitar.

Peter20Grants20wife.jpg

Gloria, the petite girl on the right, was a former ballet dancer who married Led Zeppelin manager Peter Grant in 1962.

No other details are known so I'm seeking any further information. I suspect she is wearing a wig and it could be have been staged by film director Peter Clifton circa Autumn 1974, with Clifton's wife on the left.

Before I read the caption, I thought this was a picture of two of Zep's members in drag!