Jimmy Page Book Available NOW!

Dandu

good on you guys! happy that some fans have been able to buy them. :)

me, i am just hoping that sometime in the future they will put out another version, a less expensive one, for us all. :unsure:

me too, it's too expensive for me...........but the book is... amazing

• 2 weeks later...

nws-logo.jpgzoso-launch-emailheader.jpgspacer.gifjimmy-page-email-thumb_630142.jpgJIMMY PAGE BY JIMMY PAGE

We would like to thank all of you who have pre-ordered your JIMMY PAGE limited edition book. We have had an unprecedented response and both Genesis and Jimmy are thrilled.

We know that you are waiting patiently, and originally we anticipated to have copies finished this month ready for delivery.

During the process of putting the book together Jimmy has been closely involved, reviewing the layouts on a weekly basis, and we have continued to expand on his written captions and find new and never before published images from Jimmy's own archive and by other photographers.

We have felt that it is very important to include these recent additions and, that in doing so, we have created an even more comprehensive book.

Official publication will now be September when finished copies will be available to you, the early subscribers.

We will continue to keep you updated with progress.

With best wishes from all involved in what will be a historic publication,

Catherine and Nick Roylance

Photo © Ross Halfin

I'm reading into the above post and I believe this "limited" publication is going to have a larger number made. With the "unprecedented response" and "copies will be available to you, the early subscribers", I make this prediction.

you obviously dont know ANYTHING about genesis...

Mine is only a prediction. We'll see if it pans out.

Kind of like the "limited MONO box" of The Beatles, they made plenty more after that claim.

We might all learn more about Genesis in the coming months. ;)

Jot this down:

The definitive photographic history

Jimmy Page

£395.00

• ISBN: 9781905662173

• Collector: 2150 copies

Signed by Jimmy Page

£695.00

• ISBN: 9781905662173

• Deluxe: 350 copies

We publish limited editions only, so once the 2500 copies of this book are sold there will be no reprint or reissue.

Regards

David.

-

george harrisons i me mine which was limited to 2000 copies back in 1980 is now worth 2000-5000 pounds depending on the number and condition of the item...

in 2002 they came up with a paperback edition which cost merely 10 pounds...

who cares if the book will be republished after XX years theres wont be another handmade leatherbound edition and certainly jimmy page wont be signing it so the value will remain....

now stop being a jackass

who cares if the book will be republished after XX years theres wont be another handmade leatherbound edition and certainly jimmy page wont be signing it so the value will remain....

now stop being a jackass

Whoa...take it easy! I'm not being an asshole predicting that Genesis will produce more books than they've publicized.

I'd say you're the one freaking out as a purchaser and have some kind of pride thing going and being somewhat protective of your investment.

I really couldn't careless, it's just a comment I made of a business prediction.

I know lots of people who 'invested' in that Beatle Mono Box I mentioned, even bought a few of them for investment reasons and now they're bummed that Apple/Emi deceived them. Maybe you don't care about how many books are produced, but really, I bet you are.

this is not the only book i ve purchased from them its actually the third... yes jimmys was the most expensive but the other two cost 200 and 325. i ve been following this company for almost 6 years now thats when i found out about them.

anyway again i have to say you dont know anything about genesis... do a little research on gearge harrisons i me mine or rolling stones exile. i cant see how they will change their policy after 36 succesful years.

i wont sell my book when it arrives i make enough money on my own so quit making assumptions. the only thing that bogs me is that you are stubborn and ''insult'' or proclaim genesis about being money whores. these guys know what they are doing they been around for quite some time now and have builded a rep thats unconceivable to you.

All these delays & excuses....reminds me of my apartment in Dubai. That never arrived either sad.gif

WTF people? It's a two month delay to allow Jimmy, not Genesis, an opportunity to include additional photographs.

He is obviously enthusiastic about this project and certainly quite keen to ensure his book exceeds all expectations.

WTF people? It's a two month delay to allow Jimmy, not Genesis, an opportunity to include additional photographs.

He is obviously enthusiastic about this project and certainly quite keen to ensure his book exceeds all expectations.

I've got no problem with the delays. Jimmy is a perfectionist and is highly quality conscious which leads to an even better book. I hope he adds more pictures and really expands on the captions to make it more of an autobiography. If he adds a nice little 1-page preface at the front of the book, that would make it even better. If I can dream, how about adding a CD/DVD of his personal demos or home videos of his life through the years? If he did that, the 695 pounds price paid is a bargain!

If I can dream, how about adding a CD/DVD of his personal demos or home videos of his life through the years?

No chance but if he were to embark upon something like that then we would have another delay to bitch about laugh.gif

Personally, I don't think a cd/dvd insert belongs in a limited edition leather-bound book, as that would be like hanging fuzzy dice from the mirror of a Rolls Royce. A high quality book can last 300 years or more. When's the last time you watched something on VHS? Do you really think your great-great-great-great grandchildren will be watching dvds?

A high-quality book can confer an abiding sense of permanence upon it's topic & an insert may detract from that.

Somebody might try changing the thread title.

Now ain't happenin'.

well it IS available now for everyone to preorder. when they start shipping out it will be sold out so theres no need to change the title.....

well it IS available now for everyone to preorder. when they start shipping out it will be sold out so theres no need to change the title.....

It's NOT available NOW! Sure pre-order is going on, but THE BOOK isn't, yet.

Who knows how many delays there can be, already one going on.

AVAILABLE means being able to GET IT NOW.

It's NOT available NOW! Sure pre-order is going on, but THE BOOK isn't, yet.

Who knows how many delays there can be, already one going on.

AVAILABLE means being able to GET IT NOW.

Sorry to have got you so upset with the thread title, but at the rate that the book is selling and the length of time it is taking to publish, once it is available for distribution it may no longer be available for purchase as it will have sold out. Would it be any more correct to say it is available when you can't buy it because it is sold out? So I stand by the thread title (and the subtitle which clearly indicates that it is talking about the pre-sale - though I do wish I could correct the typo...).

Besides, haven't you got more important things to worry about?

Sorry to have got you so upset with the thread title, but at the rate that the book is selling and the length of time it is taking to publish, once it is available for distribution it may no longer be available for purchase as it will have sold out. Would it be any more correct to say it is available when you can't buy it because it is sold out? So I stand by the thread title (and the subtitle which clearly indicates that it is talking about the pre-sale - though I do wish I could correct the typo...).

Besides, haven't you got more important things to worry about?

I agree. I think by the time the book is actually out in print it will be sold out. Genesis said that the demand for this book is unprecedented. When I phoned them to confirm my order after the May Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May, they said that they have had over a thousand order for the book just over that weekend. So I think by now it must be pretty close to being sold out. I think Jimmy knows that fans are expecting a lot from this book (I know I am B) ) and he wants to make it as prefect and definitive as possible. The book will definitly be publsihed, Genesis and Jimmy have invested too much effort and expense into it to pull out now. I just hope I don't have to wait any longer than September to get my copy. ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived