NEW PAGE ALBUM?

Thats all I was pointing out. Maturity.

Point taken - :)

What does American Idol and being a fan of Jimmy Page have to do with each other? :huh:

And, I can't help myself here, I know I'm kicking an ant pile, but: jahfin why in the hell are you in this forum if your not a Jimmy Page fan, much less reading and posting on this thread? Just to stir up trouble? And . . . . . . talk about maturity . . . . . your avatar tells a lot.

Edited by justawoman

Point taken - :)

What does American Idol and being a fan of Jimmy Page have to do with each other? :huh:

I made an idoltry comparison. To idolize is ridiculous, whether it be toward Jimmy Page or a performer on a TV show.

I can't speak for Jahfin, but to be a member here doesn't mean you have to bow down to the band or members. Hero worship is way overrated and absurd. I can understand idol worship if you're an 11 year old Puerto Rican girl fawning over pictures of Menudo.

And, I can't help myself here, I know I'm kicking an ant pile, but: jahfin why in the hell are you in this forum if your not a Jimmy Page fan, much less reading and posting on this thread? Just to stir up trouble?

I'm a fan of Led Zeppelin but I don't idolize anybody, not even Jimmy Page. He's one of my very favorite guitarists which makes me a fan but no, I don't idolize him.

And . . . . . . talk about maturity . . . . . your avatar tells a lot.

I agree that it says a lot but it doesn't speak to one's immaturity, whether it be me or Johnny Cash. I'm a fan of Johnny Cash and this particular photo is very representative of him. Cash was known for blazing his own path and for not taking shit off of anyone. That's what it means to me, it doesn't have anything to do with immaturity.

Well, I must say - david b and jahfin I didn't get the replies that I was bracing myself for (especially from jahfin -;)), I under-rated your maturity. My apologizes.

Both of you gave very valid arguments and expressed your points of view in a very mature way.

I think that idol word is maybe thrown around way to casually. I know in an earlier post I said we want to worship at his temple, but that was just a figure of speech and a play on some of the past innuendo that surrounded him. I admire and respect the man, I'm a huge, huge fan. I think he's the best guitarist ever, hands-down. He has a stage presence that is par none not to mention his song writing abilities. The man has more talent in his little finger than the majority of so-called talents that are out there today. But, idolize, no. I just wish he would get off his bloomin' old arse (that's supposed to be with an English accent) and do something musically before it gets too late. I don't want to see him on stage having to replace his walker for a guitar!

Edited by justawoman

Well, I must say - david b and jahfin I didn't get the replies that I was bracing myself for (especially from jahfin -;)), I under-rated your maturity. My apologizes.

That's what folks get for judging a book by it's cover. Johnny Cash (and this particular photo) are representative of him and what he stood for. As a fan of his, that's why I chose this photo for my avatar.

Although, jahfin, when you flip someone the bird, it tends to get peoples hackles up a bit.

That's not me flipping the bird, it's Johnny Cash. Go by my posts, not my avatar. Again, you can't judge a book by it's cover but that doesn't stop folks from doing it.

Earlier this year it was said he would be returning in September to the samba schools in Brazil to record some of their rhythms to use in his new project. I wonder if he is indeed there now doing that or not.

He may well be in Brazil because he has been noticeably absent in Ross' diary, although RH has in fact been in the US recently. I should think he would want to complete any recording in Brazil, so that he is around for his kids at half term school holidays in October.

He may well be in Brazil because he has been noticeably absent in Ross' diary, although RH has in fact been in the US recently. I should think he would want to complete any recording in Brazil, so that he is around for his kids at half term school holidays in October.

I just saw him at the Dairy Queen.

That's what folks get for judging a book by it's cover. Johnny Cash (and this particular photo) are representative of him and what he stood for. As a fan of his, that's why I chose this photo for my avatar.

That's not me flipping the bird, it's Johnny Cash. Go by my posts, not my avatar. Again, you can't judge a book by it's cover but that doesn't stop folks from doing it.

Again, sorry for the knee-jerk reaction.

And, I edited my post almost immediately after I posted it probably within 30 seconds (even though the timing says 5 min., don't know why the delay there?). You must have read it almost the instant it was originally posted. I didn't want to leave that last comment, because on second thought I realized the it was really wasn't you, but like you stated Johnny Cash.

Edited by justawoman

Well I think it is a bit strange he didn't release anything in ten years!! It's not like he owes it to the fans, he sort of owes it to himself, because it's always healthy for an artist to keep creating.

Perhaps all his amazing achivements make him feel so content with himself, he doesn't feel like putting an effort into creating a new album!!

But if that is the problem, then atleast he shouldn't be promising it all the time!!

Well I think it is a bit strange he didn't release anything in ten years!! It's not like he owes it to the fans, he sort of owes it to himself, because it's always healthy for an artist to keep creating.

Perhaps all his amazing achivements make him feel so content with himself, he doesn't feel like putting an effort into creating a new album!!

But if that is the problem, then atleast he shouldn't be promising it all the time!!

I think that's the thing. If he didn't want to record/write/tour anymore, I'd be bummed but at least we'd know where he stood. It's the promising and not delivering that gets a bit frustrating.

Though his stated intention to "manifest new music" is quite vague it seems many took it to mean an album & tour in 2010.

I can remember an interview with Jimmy explicitly referencing this year as when it would come out. What was that then?

The idea or thought in my head that he is just working on creating music is worth the wait, no matter how long. The various clips from "It Might Get Loud" confirmed that he does have new material.

I was never a big fan of pure instrumentals, but hearing his new electric and acoustic material on the DVD was special. To me the new riffs sounded classic Jimmy Page, yet new and innovative at the same time. The electric guitar material is heavy without being just noise, and the acoustic stuff is far beyond simple chords (check out the deleted scenes on the DVD).

And now that he has an official website, you can't help but think we'll hear something the album in the next 3-6 months.

The idea or thought in my head that he is just working on creating music is worth the wait, no matter how long. The various clips from "It Might Get Loud" confirmed that he does have new material.

I was never a big fan of pure instrumentals, but hearing his new electric and acoustic material on the DVD was special. To me the new riffs sounded classic Jimmy Page, yet new and innovative at the same time. The electric guitar material is heavy without being just noise, and the acoustic stuff is far beyond simple chords (check out the deleted scenes on the DVD).

And now that he has an official website, you can't help but think we'll hear something the album in the next 3-6 months.

I especially like the piece called Embryo I, which introduces the movie. With Jack White building a homemade guitar from scratch. Great music to start the movie. If this is any indication, what we may get from Jimmy, then perhaps it's promising. It's just a matter of JP following through and delivering it to us. It's just when...

Is there a soundtrack CD available for It Might Get Loud? I can't seem to find one on Amazon. Jimmy plays some great music in the film from his personal record collection.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite scenes in the film, when Jimmy puts on "Rumble" by Link Wray & plays air guitar. I had heard the song before (in Pulp Fiction ) and liked it so I downloaded it from Amazon.com.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite scenes in the film, when Jimmy puts on "Rumble" by Link Wray & plays air guitar. I had heard the song before (in Pulp Fiction ) and liked it so I downloaded it from Amazon.com.

I love it too! Did the same thing after seeing the movie in Times Square in NYC. :thumbsup: