No Page?

hawaiigor

Let's face it, the clock is ticking. It's been 3 years since the O2 show. In almost the same amount of time, 3 years from now, Jimmy will be SEVENTY years old. We all get older, and I hate to be morbid, but he doesn't have an indefinite amount of time to go out and jam, work on new projects, or tour. He just has never been very motivated. He's had stretches like 94-98 with Plant, or 2000 with the Black Crowes, but guys like Clapton and Beck have never been away and never stopped playing/touring. Just isn't Jimmy's thing, I guess.

Let's face it, the clock is ticking. It's been 3 years since the O2 show. In almost the same amount of time, 3 years from now, Jimmy will be SEVENTY years old. We all get older, and I hate to be morbid, but he doesn't have an indefinite amount of time to go out and jam, work on new projects, or tour. He just has never been very motivated. He's had stretches like 94-98 with Plant, or 2000 with the Black Crowes, but guys like Clapton and Beck have never been away and never stopped playing/touring. Just isn't Jimmy's thing, I guess.

Tell that to B B King!

85, still playing AND touring the world!

How much longer can this go on for? Jimmy needs to get out there! He can't keep waiting for Robert as that probably won't happen.

He's not waiting for Robert. For once, I think he'd finally have enough sense to tell Robert where to stick it. Around the corner, up his own backside.

He's not waiting for Robert. For once, I think he'd finally have enough sense to tell Robert where to stick it. Around the corner, up his own backside.

Here we go again, bash Robert Plant! :angry:

Get over it.

Jimmy's had ample time to do something else but chose not to, which is his prerogative.

Plant has and is doing his own thing and good on him for not sitting on his laurels and I think even Jimmy would respect him for that.

Pity some of you supposed Led Zeppelin "fans" can't.

I wonder if and when Jimmy does start playing and if he plays Zep songs arranged differently (nothing new there or was that entirely Robert's influence?), whether there will be the same outcry.

Somehow i very much doubt it.

Here we go again, bash Robert Plant! :angry:

Get over it.

I'm not bashing Robert. If I was, I'd get the thread about his new album and go on and on about how much I don't like it. I really don't give a shit what he does. I was responding to the suggestion that Jimmy might still be waiting for him. I doubt he would be that foolish. Didn't you notice what I was responding to? I think you got a bit upset there for no good reason.

I'm not bashing Robert. If I was, I'd get the thread about his new album and go on and on about how much I don't like it. I really don't give a shit what he does. I was responding to the suggestion that Jimmy might still be waiting for him. I doubt he would be that foolish. Didn't you notice what I was responding to? I think you got a bit upset there for no good reason.

I know what you responded to but what you wrote was rude and uncalled for.

Upset?

Not likely.

"For once, I think he'd finally have enough sense to tell Robert where to stick it. Around the corner, up his own backside." is not bashing Robert? Um, OK.

I know what you responded to but what you wrote was rude and uncalled for.

Upset?

Not likely.

Well, you put up an angry emoticon. I don't think it was rude and uncalled for. I said, I hope Jimmy says that to him. In other words, I hope he puts him in his place. I personally think Robert treated him like crap from what I can see. Ok? Do you understand now what angle I was coming from? I wasn't meaning to be offensive and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

"For once, I think he'd finally have enough sense to tell Robert where to stick it. Around the corner, up his own backside." is not bashing Robert? Um, OK.

Would you please show me where it is written in stone that the man can't be put in his place once in a while? If I wanted to bash him.... you'd be in a state of shock. Trust me. Anyhow, can we please drop this. Like I said, I wasn't meaning to be offensive and I'm sorry if anyone took it that way.

Well, you put up an angry emoticon. I don't think it was rude and uncalled for. I said, I hope Jimmy says that to him. In other words, I hope he puts him in his place. I personally think Robert treated him like crap from what I can see. Ok? Do you understand now what angle I was coming from? I wasn't meaning to be offensive and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

Whatever.

When you write I hope he (tells him) to stick it up his backside (read as shove it up his arse), how is that not offensive?

How has Jimmy been treated like crap?

It is well documented that when they have played together or with other people post Zep it has been Jimmy who, for one reason or another be it poor health etc, couldn't continue on which frustrated the hell out of Robert, his collaborations and "fans" alike.

Buy yourself some glasses.

Whatever.

When you write I hope he (tells him) to stick it up his backside (read as shove it up his arse), how is that not offensive?

How has Jimmy been treated like crap?

It is well documented that when they have played together or with other people post Zep it has been Jimmy who, for one reason or another be it poor health etc, couldn't continue on which frustrated the hell out of Robert, his collaborations and "fans" alike.

Buy yourself some glasses.

Regarding the backside comment.... It was said rather in jest. Sorry you didn't grasp that. If I truly wanted to insult him, I would use real life situations.

Regarding the rest of what you wrote, I think Jimmy has been too gracious to publicly speak about alot of what went down to be honest. I picked up alot by reading and watching interviews.

You did notice I hope that I didn't take offense to your comment suggesting I buy glasses. And what colour shall the lenses be?

Okay, what the hell.... I'll bite. I'll give you one example of something I saw in an interview that pissed me off and then I'm going to drop it. Robert made fun of Jimmy's guitar being out of tune, and the way he said it and the look on his face really made me wonder. Don't ask me to expound on that.

Regarding the backside comment.... It was said rather in jest. Sorry you didn't grasp that. If I truly wanted to insult him, I would use real life situations.

Regarding the rest of what you wrote, I think Jimmy has been too gracious to publicly speak about alot of what went down to be honest. I picked up alot by reading and watching interviews.

You did notice I hope that I didn't take offense to your comment suggesting I buy glasses. And what colour shall the lenses be?

Okay, what the hell.... I'll bite. I'll give you one example of something I saw in an interview that pissed me off and then I'm going to drop it. Robert made fun of Jimmy's guitar being out of tune, and the way he said it and the look on his face really made me wonder. Don't ask me to expound on that.

How about you accept the fact that you have no more idea than the rest of us what went down between them, and either stop drawing conclusions, ot have the courtesy to admit it when you're bashing one of them (given that your statement can't be read as anything else)? At least be upfront about it, rather than playing innocent. It's fine to have an opinion, as long as you cop to it.

How about you accept the fact that you have no more idea than the rest of us what went down between them, and either stop drawing conclusions, ot have the courtesy to admit it when you're bashing one of them (given that your statement can't be read as anything else)? At least be upfront about it, rather than playing innocent. It's fine to have an opinion, as long as you cop to it.

I wasn't bashing him. If I was, it would have been me telling him to shove it. I said I hope Jimmy puts him in his place. And I finally did give a reason why. Robert mocked him in that interview. I watched it. It was disgusting and that was only one example.

btw, Aquamarine, I am in the midst of listening to a Keith Richards interview on the radio. Pretty cool eh?

Fair enough, but as you pointed out I used an emoticon so you knew exactly in what context my comment was meant.

I don't know what went down except that from the get go Robert only agreed to play the O2 at the behest of Ahmet's family and he made it quite clear that it was a one off event.

Who would blame him if he had refused in the first place given all the crap that has been flung at him ever since they played?

We've all read the comments and seen the interviews and they (Robert's reponses) are all open to individual interpretation, but the one constant has been Led Zeppelin ended in 1980.

Sure Jimmy and possibly JPJ is probably disappointed that a proper tour never eventuated but it was never going to happen regardless of how much we all hoped for it.

Yes Jimmy has been gracious as one would expect and more power to him.

Rose would be nice! ;)B)

I wasn't bashing him. If I was, it would have been me telling him to shove it. I said I hope Jimmy puts him in his place. And I finally did give a reason why. Robert mocked him in that interview. I watched it. It was disgusting.

You're bashing him in this very post, all while saying that's not what you're doing! I repeat, if you want to crticize someone, go ahead and do it, but don't pretend that's not what you're doing. :blink:

Fair enough, but as you pointed out I used an emoticon so you knew exactly in what context my comment was meant.

I don't know what went down except that from the get go Robert only agreed to play the O2 at the behest of Ahmet's family and he made it quite clear that it was a one off event.

Who would blame him if he had refused in the first place given all the crap that has been flung at him ever since they played?

We've all read the comments and seen the interviews and they (Robert's reponses) are all open to individual interpretation, but the one constant has been Led Zeppelin ended in 1980.

Sure Jimmy and possibly JPJ is probably disappointed that a proper tour never eventuated but it was never going to happen regardless of how much we all hoped for it.

Yes Jimmy has been gracious as one would expect and more power to him.

Rose would be nice! ;)B)

You know that Zeppelin ended in 1980 argument? I've also seen him say in an interview that if he didn't have Bonzo to play with, he wouldn't play with anybody, so he picks and chooses what he wants to stick with according to what he thinks will benefit himself.

I would hope by now they are relived and JPJ has said things to indicate.... relieved to be free from having to deal with the egomaniac.

You ready for the next one? What colour roses? :lol: Magenta to go with my belt buckle.

Anyhow, sorry I offended so many of you. I really didn't mean to. I personally find it offensive that Robert has always gotten away with talking other people down, while everyone walks around him on eggshells as if he's a holy man or even a man of wisdom.

You know that Zeppelin ended in 1980 argument? I've also seen him say in an interview that if he didn't have Bonzo to play with, he wouldn't play with anybody, so he picks and chooses what he wants to stick with according to what he thinks will benefit himself.

I would hope by now they are relived and JPJ has said things to indicate.... relieved to be free from having to deal with the egomaniac.

You ready for the next one? What colour roses? :lol: Magenta to go with my belt buckle.

Anyhow, sorry I offended so many of you. I really didn't mean to. I personally find it offensive that Robert has always gotten away with talking other people down, while everyone walks around him on eggshells as if he's a holy man or even a man of wisdom.

That's right, IMO if Bonzo hadn't joined it's doubtful that Led Zeppelin as we know it may not have eventuated.

The only reason Jason played with them was because of his father and his obvious knowledge of his father's work plus his relationship with Jimmy, Robert and Jonesy.

They played with two drummers at Live Aid and we all know how that turned out!

There you go again speculating, did Jonesy actually say he was relieved to not dealing with the egomaniac or is that just your interpretation?

Given that JPJ hasn't given many interviews in the last 30 years, I presume it is the latter.

By all means if you have the source of the interview please share it.

Again show me where he has talked other people down?

If you are referring to his comment about playing an out of tune guitar, there isn't a player on the planet that hasn't at some point in time and it was probably meant in jest.

He even mocked himself when he said I'm not that guy anymore, but you probably missed that too?

Holyman no but I dare say he is a hell of a lot wiser than he was in his heydey.

No, that isn't the sound of eggshells, it's me cracking up!

Black roses would be apt.

grasphinx,

I hope you find a way to try to see things in a different light. I think when it is all said and done history will show that Robert is respecting the legacy and his friend.

Try to remember that as individuals these men are at the top of the list in talent. I hope Jimmy does go back on stage soon, the man is gifted enough to grace the stage on his own project, just as Robert and JPJ have done.

Your words are harsh towards Robert and that is very sad.

That's right, IMO if Bonzo hadn't joined it's doubtful that Led Zeppelin as we know it may not have eventuated.

The only reason Jason played with them was because of his father and his obvious knowledge of his father's work plus his relationship with Jimmy, Robert and Jonesy.

They played with two drummers at Live Aid and we all know how that turned out!

There you go again speculating, did Jonesy actually say he was relieved to not dealing with the egomaniac or is that just your interpretation?

Given that JPJ hasn't given many interviews in the last 30 years, I presume it is the latter.

By all means if you have the source of the interview please share it.

Again show me where he has talked other people down?

If you are referring to his comment about playing an out of tune guitar, there isn't a player on the planet that hasn't at some point in time and it was probably meant in jest.

He even mocked himself when he said I'm not that guy anymore, but you probably missed that too?

Holyman no but I dare say he is a hell of a lot wiser than he was in his heydey.

No, that isn't the sound of eggshells, it's me cracking up!

Black roses would be apt.

Hang on a sec.... he stated that if he didn't have Bonzo to play with, he wouldn't be playing at all, it was an interview from the 70s. He was speaking of the whole band, he mentioned John first. So if he were true to that, he wouldn't have started a solo career, at least not in music.

I did hear John say that he was enjoying this TCV band and that they didn't have to deal with anyone's swollen ego although I can't remember the exact words he used.

Robert always takls people down. Did you not hear that audio interview lately where he even put Alison down because she was shooting down his ideas. And on the interview on the Q, he said something about having to chase around the backside of her skirt to get to Buddy Miller.

Black roses? as in the dark purple ones? I love those. The Yardbirds dd a song. I have a black silk rose. That would be some nice dark lenses like a scrying glass. Have a nice evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1QIgz2PWiw

Archived