Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

the people in the Pavilion were very... well behaved? just all sitting down.. ok kinda lame, but I think Ravinia has memberships where members have early access to tickets. There were a lot of people who just didn't seem like the usual crowd at a Robert Plant show. I am not kidding, I was in the front row to the left and the man next to me was sleeping! and the wife was checking her phone the whole time. I probably should have moved to to sit by the lady who was one of the few who stood up and btw, played air guitar the whole time. At least she was having fun! :) The encore was awesome. I think we appeared from nowhere to them when they came back out. and I think we redeemed ourselves, slightly. ;) I moved right up to the front and center right against the stage. I am still in heaven.

the people in the Pavilion were very... well behaved? just all sitting down.. ok kinda lame, but I think Ravinia has memberships where members have early access to tickets. There were a lot of people who just didn't seem like the usual crowd at a Robert Plant show. I am not kidding, I was in the front row to the left and the man next to me was sleeping! and the wife was checking her phone the whole time. I probably should have moved to to sit by the lady who was one of the few who stood up and btw, played air guitar the whole time. At least she was having fun! :) The encore was awesome. I think we appeared from nowhere to them when they came back out. and I think we redeemed ourselves, slightly. ;) I moved right up to the front and center right against the stage. I am still in heaven.

It almost sounds like we were at 2 different shows lol! I have no idea who could sleep in front of that stage last night lol. I had a lawn ticket and was right behind the pavilion leaning on the gates that were there. And everyone around me ..myself included was screaming and cheering. It was really loud. If being in the pavilion means sitting and sleeping then I never want to sit in there lol. I LOVED the encore too! Too bad there weren't lights on the lawn peoples for Robert and the band to see. Because, there was a shitload of people screaming and cheering and loving every second of the show :D .

Thanks kat24. Really like the Ravinia video. Is this a promotional video or was it a personally made one?

I think it's something someone personally made. I found it on youtube. It was fun to see. I couldn't see Plant very close from where I was in the crowd so, I'm loving finding these videos :D.

yeah, Kat, I'm sure the lawn crowd was a bit more into it the entire show. Next time he should come to Alpine Valley. I hope it doesn't take too long for him to come around again. :)

That would be fantastic lol! I hope he does it! Think we can put in a request?

June 16

Chicago-Ravinia, Illinois

In The Mood

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 19

Telluride, Colorado

Photos

Article.huffingtonpost.com

Even rock's golden god, Robert Plant, closing the festival with Band of Joy, seemed bowled over by the group that proceeded his. Near the end of his set, which was very similar to the one performed at Denver's Fillmore Auditorium in April, Led Zeppelin's lead singer said Mumford & Sons were "marvelous," adding "I'm proud to be British today."

.........just got back from Centennial Hall,

it was near capacity crowd...the highlight for me was Ramble on; angel dance; Opened with WLL

Robert said it was marginally different than 1970, "at least it's not raining" (it was raining outside)

The crowd was totally upbeat,

I had fantastic view from side/upper balcony....this was perfect seat..

..later

.........just got back from Centennial Hall,

it was near capacity crowd...the highlight for me was Ramble on; angel dance; Opened with WLL

Robert said it was marginally different than 1970, "at least it's not raining" (it was raining outside)

The crowd was totally upbeat,

I had fantastic view from side/upper balcony....this was perfect seat..

..later

Thanks Silver Rider. I guess it was a bit rainy for the show.

And reportedly Telluride had 37 degrees F on that evening. You're welcome, SuperDave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 21

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Encore

Harm's Swift Way

Life Has It's Little Ups And Downs

Gallows Pole

Silver Rider--Thank you for posting these. I had been looking for "Life Has Its Little Ups and Downs" as he did this in Atlanta and to me it is just done so beautifully by Robert and BOJ.

I also want to add my "thanks" to Silver Rider for these videos and especially "Life Has Its Little Ups and Downs." Ever since hearing about them doing it in Atlanta and getting a cd copy of that show, I have wanted to see video footage of it, but it seemed at the time it was a one time deal. I'm so glad to see they still throw it in every once in a while because they are truely fantastic at that song.

Archived