Robert Plant Band of Joy Tour 2011

SteveAJones

"NEWS"...WHAT "NEWS"?

Duhhhh...I have obviously missed something..you will have to spell it out....please and thanks

Juliet :coffee:

P. A. T. T. Y. and P. L. A. N. T. will make their new duet, that's D. U. E. T. , super group debute t o m o r r o w at M. A. R. F. A. that's in Texas. T.E.X.A.S. : )

Hope that helps.

Hope to see some youtube clips of how it goes. Still wondering wether it'll be covers or new material. The debute and the album. I guess we'll see soon enough. And then wonder what form BoJ will take at Hardly Strictly . . or will it be just strictly Patty Plant ?

Plant & Buddy?!?!?!? Man , that some strong kavorka!

P. A. T. T. Y. and P. L. A. N. T. will make their new duet, that's D. U. E. T. , super group debute t o m o r r o w at M. A. R. F. A. that's in Texas. T.E.X.A.S. : )

Hope that helps.

Hope to see some youtube clips of how it goes. Still wondering wether it'll be covers or new material. The debute and the album. I guess we'll see soon enough. And then wonder what form BoJ will take at Hardly Strictly . . or will it be just strictly Patty Plant ?

Plant & Buddy?!?!?!? Man , that some strong kavorka!

Well, since Patty has her own set at Hardly Strictly, maybe that will be where the Patty/Plant stuff comes in? I had heard that he would be part of the "and friends" that was being billed. I was thrown a bit by all this when you originally said two days out on Monday and couldn't figure out what was happening on Wednesday then, since I knew the Marfa concert on Thursday. I guess I just took it too literally.

Well, since Patty has her own set at Hardly Strictly, maybe that will be where the Patty/Plant stuff comes in? I had heard that he would be part of the "and friends" that was being billed. I was thrown a bit by all this when you originally said two days out on Monday and couldn't figure out what was happening on Wednesday then, since I knew the Marfa concert on Thursday. I guess I just took it too literally.

counted wrong...

counted wrong...

It'd help if I wasn't such a stickler for details lol. I appreciate the fact that you're sharing at all. Like I said, I knew about the Marfa thing but had no idea this was going to be a THING...or should I say, a T.H.I.N.G. :D

http://bigbendnow.com/2011/09/rock-legend-robert-plant-to-perform-at-el-cosmico-tonight/

Rock legend Robert Plant to perform at El Cosmico tonight

September 22nd, 2011 under Home Story Highlight By EMILY JO CURETON

MARFA –It’s official. Rock legend Robert Plant will be performing with Patty Griffin tonight at El Cosmico’s Trans-Pecos Festival of Music and Love in Marfa.

http://bigbendnow.com/2011/09/rock-legend-robert-plant-to-perform-at-el-cosmico-tonight/

Rock legend Robert Plant to perform at El Cosmico tonight

September 22nd, 2011 under Home Story Highlight By EMILY JO CURETON

MARFA –It’s official. Rock legend Robert Plant will be performing with Patty Griffin tonight at El Cosmico’s Trans-Pecos Festival of Music and Love in Marfa.

I've read that Tift Merritt and her bass player Jay Brown will be doing the opening honors for this concert. I can't wait to read the reviews.

I've read that Tift Merritt and her bass player Jay Brown will be doing the opening honors for this concert. I can't wait to read the reviews.

I asked a magazine guy that was there doing an article and posting some pictures on twitter what the sound was like and he said:

Incredible! Mostly killer blues rock w/ some Louisiana accordion & beats. A few slow tunes too. their harmonies are perfect.

6174215750_5913816b5a.jpg

6174264534_c5580a2c16.jpg

Crown Vic (thanks marcdurbin)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5K5eLICTKc

Debut performance of Robert Plant's new band Crown Vic in Marfa Texas on September 22 2011. Liz Lambert introduces Patty Griffin, who introduces Robert. Band members are Robert Plant (vocals), Patty Griffin (vocals, mandolin, guitar), David Grissom (electric guitar), Michael Ramos (organ, accordion), Glenn Fukunaga (acoustic & electric bass), Dony Wynn (drums).

Is this actually a new band or one assembled just for this performance?

According to the drummer Dony Wynn who posted on his facebook page last night and looks a bit like ZZ Top mixed with a Hell's Angel...

Dony Wynn

Okay, the first one got nailed, and there's more to come... I am... Robert Plant's drummist. We are Crown Vic. The. sh*t. -d ... fuckin' wow

'Misty Mountain Hop' from Crown Vic's debut performance

Robert Plant, formerly of Led Zeppelin, performs with Patty Griffin Thursday at the El Cosmico Trans-Pecos Festival of Music and Love at El Cosmico in Marfa. Preregistration tickets were sold out and five dollars from every preregistration ticket will go to the Central Texas Wild Fire Relief Fund.

'Misty Mountain Hop' from Crown Vic's debut performance

Robert Plant, formerly of Led Zeppelin, performs with Patty Griffin Thursday at the El Cosmico Trans-Pecos Festival of Music and Love at El Cosmico in Marfa. Preregistration tickets were sold out and five dollars from every preregistration ticket will go to the Central Texas Wild Fire Relief Fund.

Well, thats one way to take a great song and turn it into a giant heap of shite. I still love ya' Robert, but your pushin' it.

Here we go again with the bashing! :slapface:

IMHO, this version of 'Misty Mountain Hop' sucks balls. I feel pretty much the same about the rest of his Zeppelin/Zydeco approach here.

It surprises me that Plant hasn't realized yet that he doesn't have to keep revamping Zeppelin songs with every new band in order to sell it.

I much more prefer his non-Zeppelin covers anyways, but thats just me.

IMHO, this version of 'Misty Mountain Hop' sucks balls. I feel pretty much the same about the rest of his Zeppelin/Zydeco approach here.

It surprises me that Plant hasn't realized yet that he doesn't have to keep revamping Zeppelin songs with every new band in order to sell it.

I much more prefer his non-Zeppelin covers anyways, but thats just me.

Sorry but I really didn't enjoy that version either.

Archived