The Power of Page

snapper

At the beginning of this clip Beck is asked what the high point of his 5 night run at Ronnie Scotts was, his reply?

"Just looking up at the end and seeing Jimmy there" and it looks to me like he says 'oh fucking god Jim' and starts to cry.

The way he's looking and pointing at Page in almost sheer amazement kind of blows me away.

These guys are closer than I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04SOTneYWs

Think about it, these guys were kids, learning guitar together, dreaming of being big stars, and they BOTH did it, each on their own terms and are considered two of the greatest who ever played.

Jimmy = The Greatest Guitar Composer Ever

Jeff = The Greatest Guitar Player Ever

It is pretty moving and I got the same feeling when Jimmy inducted Jeff into the HOF. When Page stepped up to the podium the place exploded and Jeff was gesturing around to all the fans and smiling at his wife as if to say, "Look at all the acclaim my buddy gets just for showing up!"

Also when they finish Bolero the looks on both of their faces are priceless, like they amazed each other. Jeff's drummer and bass player too.

It's especially nice because when Beck was younger and more insecure he seemed to relish the opportunity to take little shots at Jimmy. It's nice that they seem to be past that.

I agree he seems honored to have Jimmy there.

Is it me, or is that Robert Plant with a friend also in the audience?! Check it out @5:15 and 5:16.

Somebody please tell me if I'm seeing things or not, lol.........thanks missy

Good spot!

It must be plant I suppose, otherwise the Lion from Wizard of Oz has started attending Jeff Beck gigs tongue.gif

cowardly_lion.jpg

Think about it, these guys were kids, learning guitar together, dreaming of being big stars, and they BOTH did it, each on their own terms and are considered two of the greatest who ever played.

Jimmy = The Greatest Guitar Composer Ever

Jeff = The Greatest Guitar Player Ever

Agreed. Jimmy is our modern day Mozart.

Oh, that's why the video didn't work for him! Glad you cleared that up for us.

Wonder why it worked for me?

What a knob!

I was quoting "Blame Canada" from the South Park movie, no offense intended. I happen to like hockey, I've enjoyed my visits to Canada, and I'm sure Ann Murray is a lovely woman.

I was quoting "Blame Canada" from the South Park movie, no offense intended. I happen to like hockey, I've enjoyed my visits to Canada, and I'm sure Ann Murray is a lovely woman.

Cool. Didn't see that movie. Was Jahfin working from the same movie?

You have been officially been de-knobed. I have that power blink.gif

Now, back to Jimmy...

It's not who you compare Jimmy to, it's who you compare to Jimmy. There are other greats out there, we could all come up with a helluva list in no time, but I would not compare Jimmy to them.

Mr. Page, for me, is the yard stick. He's got the power, the power of Page.

Cool. Didn't see that movie. Was Jahfin working from the same movie?

You have been officially been de-knobed. I have that power blink.gif

Now, back to Jimmy...

It's not who you compare Jimmy to, it's who you compare to Jimmy. There are other greats out there, we could all come up with a helluva list in no time, but I would not compare Jimmy to them.

Mr. Page, for me, is the yard stick. He's got the power, the power of Page.

No problem. And yes, I'm sure Jahfin was quoting te same reference, that's why I picked up on it!

I was breezing by the Biography channel last night on TV and came across a one-hour special on Led Zep that featured interviews/anecdotes/perspectives by folks who knew the band members such as Benji LeFevre (sp?) and Kevyn Gammond, a friend of Robert's with an amazing smile. Two fellas from The Yardbirds recalled how Jimmy and Jeff Beck would practice in the Page front room and Mrs. Page would bring them tea. One guy - I think it was Chris Dreja - said Jimmy was really close with his mother, he adored her. Not as close with his father, at least not at that time.

Just thought I'd share. I thought it was charming and rare, that little insight into Jimmy's family.

I wonder if Mrs. Page is still alive? I hope so. She was at the O2 gig, according to a Guardian journalist.

Poo, I don't get the Biography channel! (comes in a package of about 20 channels of which few interest me)

Something like this likely to be YouTubed? Not computer savy, would there be a simple way to search this?

Poo, I don't get the Biography channel! (comes in a package of about 20 channels of which few interest me)

Something like this likely to be YouTubed? Not computer savy, would there be a simple way to search this?

Part 1 0f 5:

Archived