Zep Concert on on DVD

Don't forget that the Earl's Court-1975 footage was taken entirely from footage shot for the big screens.

The difference is, the feed from each camera would have been recorded separately (in the same way the audio was multi-tracked) so that it can be edited differently for DVD compared to how the vision was mixed on the night.....

i would be thinking it would be mid-late next year when it comes out.

from all accounts, it seems there were those audio issues at the start of the show, so they would have to fix those first wouldn't they?

wonder if there be any film sound stages used to re-do some shots ala TSRTS - so guessing they would have to book those first yes? (haha)

As far as I know, the show was not formally filmed. There's just the cameras for the screens above the stage. I doubt Jimmy and the band would release a dvd from that. Not of this show anyway. I do hold hope that they'll play again, even if it's just a few select dates and not a full-blown tour. Hopefully last night's success will inspire them to make a record of an event at some future time. Clearly they still have that magic.

"My Gut tells me"

I dont think they will tour, why should they? I worry that another tour could kill Jimmy? This is why a DVD of this show would be so important. I have a bunch of wankers on my post just loving the fact that I am defending LZ. I am doing some serious mental jousting at my "Jimmy Looked Cool" post, without much help from "REAL" LZ fans. Please help me?

solaire

i would be thinking it would be mid-late next year when it comes out.

from all accounts, it seems there were those audio issues at the start of the show, so they would have to fix those first wouldn't they?

wonder if there be any film sound stages used to re-do some shots ala TSRTS - so guessing they would have to book those first yes? (haha)

They would mix the whole show from scratch, 2.0 & 5.1...they would likely do a picture edit from scratch or use the big-screen vision mix as a guide.

The audio issues like feedback shouldn't be too difficult to pull out or bring down in the mix. If you listen carefully to HTWWW you can hear several feedback squeals throughout the show. And as said, any problems with sound in the arena itself wont matter as the recorded audio comes directly from the instrument mics.

maybe Jimmy will decide to release some more old live material too? Who knows. It will be months before we see this show on DVD, but Led Zeppelin's recent releases have all been no-expense-spared pieces. It may take a little longer but the end product is guaranteed to be GOOD

Today a DJ on WZLX here in Boston announced during their daily 7:00 pm zep set "Stairway to Seven" (loving that) that there would be a dvd of the show. Take it with a grain of salt, but ZLX is the biggest Classic Rock station in New England and have been around forever. And it wasn't an off the cuff remark, it was the content of their daily zeppelin segment. Sounds fairly legit to me.

If not, I'll be happy with the pirated version that is sure to surface. :D But I think the chances are pretty good.

Well Sam, the second you stopped flaming people (or exploding smily-ing them) for mentioning the R word I took it seriously.

Now I'm gonna start getting excited.

Although I wish the bootleggers would hurry up and get a decent version out there...

Well Sam, the second you stopped flaming people (or exploding smily-ing them) for mentioning the R word I took it seriously.

Although I wish the bootleggers would hurry up and get a decent version out there...

haha don't fear the excitement Paul.

:D

They already have....there is a full audience recording up now - in some parts it sounds as good as the old TSRTS soundtrack...

I was a fortunate barrier hugger

There were 2 guys in front of me using Super8 film - an old standard used for home movies - to film the gig. They confirmed it was for official DVD

So movie film for an authentic retro feel.

That cool, I will get it for sure. I can't wait.

anyone want to bet money? I say there will ABSOLUTELY be a DVD within the next 3 to 5 months. c'mon!!! any takers??

It might be scheduled for 3 to 5 months but at the last minute the colour of the text on the back cover won't be quite right so it'll be delayed.. and delayed... So I reckon by next Christmas.

It might be scheduled for 3 to 5 months but at the last minute the colour of the text on the back cover won't be quite right so it'll be delayed.. and delayed... So I reckon by next Christmas.

nah.....by then it'll be cold. they won't wait that long.

hey everyone new poster to the board, and I guess a late comer, can't believe they reunited and played a gig already.

That aside, I gotta think there's either a dvd or a mini-tour........maybe not both, but at least one. Jimmy may have been slow in the past at getting things out, but he's always been pretty business savvy.........and I'm sure he knows to strike while the iron's hot. Not that Zeppelin is ever really out of the music picture, they always will be "In", ..but the buzz going on right now is palpable, I'm sure he wants to take advantage of it.

and I don't know all the details, and don't want to get off topic, but I can't believe after all the years of Robert not wanting any part of Zeppelin gigs, he STILL is reluctant to embrace it....it's like after all these years he's still wants to prove his career can stand up on it's own.

Robert, we get it, you are a pretty talented guy even without Zep and Jimmy.............now get over it and tour!

18 cameras, and- they had at least 2 drop mic's hung above the crowd. The camera guy I spoke to didn't seem to think it was for the soundboard guys... Definitely not needed for the jumbo screens! I would love a DVD for a million reasons. Do a little editing and it would be brilliant!! It also could possibly save my life since i couldn't bring all my friends who still are stinging from not being picked...

I typed in "Led Zeppelin" on Wikipedia and it said under the 2007 reunion section that the show is a future DVD release. The rumor continues to build into a reality. XP
It says "possible" release now....... i changed it .... so never trust wiki.

I was a fortunate barrier hugger

There were 2 guys in front of me using Super8 film - an old standard used for home movies - to film the gig. They confirmed it was for official DVD

So movie film for an authentic retro feel.

Have you seen the White Stripes Live DVD? It was directed by none other than Dick Carruthers and shot entirely on Super8.

Not that Zep need any advance excitement about a possible tour, but a DVD of this show would get the ball rolling.

My feeling is, yes there will be a DVD and yes there will be a tour. :D

I agree totally. I do not believe (maybe it's woman's intuition) that Led Zeppelin would go through all this trouble of the O2 concert, rehearsing a song never before played live by LZ, hints of Jimmy Page working on 'new' material, this website being all abuzz with new stuff and revisions, coming out with Mothership, etc. and having it advertised on television no less UNLESS something more was to come of it all.

a DVD AND a tour, YES. Be patient. It will come.

not quite sure i understand.

sorry, am quite new to this forum.

The bootlegs are now being released officially. You have to go to the official Led Zeppelin o2 Arena website, and put your e-mail address into a ballot. 10,000 people will be chosen, AT RANDOM, and will have the opportunity to buy the right to download the bootleg twice, once for themselves and once for a friend. The friend's name must match the name on the credit card you pay with, which must be the same as the name on YOUR email address, and every purchaser must have bought a used ticket stub and wristband from someone who went to the o2 show itself. Simple, understand?

I am wondering if anybody knows whether the concert will be available on DVD. They could make a fortune off it. It they didn't film it, it's a tragedy for all us zep fans who couldn't get to the concert. Because I have feeling they won't tour.

I'm sure they'll release a DVD or the only release available will be bootlegs and The Beatles suffered through a similar problem with Let It Be being bootleged for almost a year forcing them to release a finished product. I'm certain that somewhere they've set up their gear and are now fixing their clams and doing manic post production. Fixing what ever flams in Pro Tools and stuff. This is buisness as usual for any "live" release and Zep, The Allmans, Peter Framton and The Stones for example have been cleaning up their live recordings in some manner of overdubs since 1966's "Got Live if You Want It" Please Hurry

Archived