Second albums

bouillon

True - but it is a good one! "When The Music's Over" is one of the greatest songs, especially live!! :thumbsup:

Totally agree. I probably could have posted 10 or 20 second albums I think are fantastic. I have such a diverse taste in music, which I love. I can go from U2 to Coldplay to Frank Sinatra to Rosemary Clooney to Pink Floyd to Sarah Brightman to Joni Mitchell and not even bat an eyelash. I feel such an inordinate amount of pity for people who live in a rut, musically-speaking. Here are some other great second albums, IMO:

515McJivpWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

61a7llV%2BldL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mariah_Carey_Al_Emotions.jpg

51FB7JE6H5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

0011f30f_medium.jpeg

^ I've still got three of those :blush:.....but I'm not gonna admit which ones :D

Actually no, there's nothing embarrassing about that Raven album. Those guys kicked ass. And debatably invented Thrash.

'I got a chainsaw in my haaaaaaaaaaand........and it's spinning round and ROUUUUUUUUNNNND' :thumbsup:

Not a lot of people are aware of these guys - Pure Reason Revolution - although I've been blathering on about them since last year.

And not everyone would agree that their second album Amor Vincit Omnia is better than their debut The Dark Third, including the guy who turned me on to them.

But I think that's mostly because a lot of people like the first album because it has such an awesome Pink Floyd vibe, and they didn't stick to that for the second album.

But that's a good thing.

AVO is more diverse, yet it matches the first album in power, and still balances out with very passionate harmonies.

Overall, even if only by a little, AVO is a superior album.

pure-reason-revolution-amor-vincit-omnia.jpg

love-forever-changes-400x400.jpg

Hey there, dumbass - Forever Changes was their THIRD album!

:blush: Dunno how or why I posted that....guess folks here are too polite to point out fuck-ups. Either that, or everyone else is a dumbass too :lol:

Hey there, dumbass - Forever Changes was their THIRD album!

:blush: Dunno how or why I posted that....guess folks here are too polite to point out fuck-ups. Either that, or everyone else is a dumbass too :lol:

Go easy on him, I'm sure it was an honest mistake.

lulz.

I almost posted Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, until I realized the same thing.

Two very different second albums...first, The Byrds "Turn! Turn! Turn!" from 1965.

An absolute STUNNING song and sadly overlooked, "If You're Gone"...Gene Clark was a great songwriter and had a soulful voice...and listen to those haunting backing harmonies by McGuinn and Crosby!

Now for something completely different...the Dead Kennedys "Plastic Surgery Disasters", a hardcore classic:

Trust Your Mechanic

Archived