Second albums

bouillon

Oh YES!!!!!!

Good one, Starbreaker. Although Epitaph was quite possibly the worst song they ever recorded...but I don't hate it.

Glad they didn't put this one on it - although it could've been a highlight of Rocka Rolla, which wasn't a complete dog IMO but was badly let down by the production:

Oh, and I dunno if you've heard this, but if not, you might enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNJg-VBdhLY&feature=related

Epitaph is awful! :lol:

That's pretty good cover version of Exciter by the way. I hadn't heard that cover until you posted it. Exciter still sounds incredibly heavy after 33 years.

A few that come to mind...

SmithsMeat.jpg

I'm not a massive Smiths fan but this was by far their best album for me, mainly because its where Johnny Marr's influence was greatest(dispite the title ;)).

41167NQR0HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The mid 70's debut was good but I think this album really perfected their more playful sound.

cover-waterpistol.jpg

The debut is a bit of an uneasy 80's/90's mix for me but this was a classic.

Definitely like it better than Blizzard of Oz and they both also recently got the reissue treatment.

ozzy301.jpg

I love them both! Ozzy lost a lot when RR died. Do you know if the original musicians were kept on the reissues? I know they were not on some of earlier released cd versions of those two albums.

Has anyone said Plant's "The Principle Of Moments"? That's a good one also!

While I'm on the subject in another thread, Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" was a good follow-up to the hit debut "The Fame". ;)

I love them both! Ozzy lost a lot when RR died. Do you know if the original musicians were kept on the reissues? I know they were not on some of earlier released cd versions of those two albums.

I'm not sure, nor was I aware that the original recordings had been tinkered with.

I'm not sure, nor was I aware that the original recordings had been tinkered with.

I wasn't either until I read some reviews on Amazon before purchasing them. So I made sure I bought the original music. The blame was placed on Sharon for trying to get a bigger piece of the pie for Ozzy. Only Randy was kept and some other bassist and drummer were used for cheap. I'll look into it, there are extra cuts included on them but still don't know if I'll pick up a new copy.

Walter's absolutely right...the 2002 cd remasters featured Rob Trujillo and Mike Bordin, who were in Ozzy's touring band at the time, recording over Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake's original bass and drum parts.

But here's how ridiculous the credit snafu is regarding Diary of a Madman...and whether it's Ozzy's fault or Sharon's, it's one reason among many why Ozzy has sunk very low in my estimation and why I hardly pull out his albums.

When Diary of a Madman was released in 81, it listed Rudy Sarzo(bass), Tommy Aldridge(drums), and Don Airy(keyboards) in the credits and whose photos were on the album sleeve, even though it was Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake and Johnny Cook(who was in Mungo Jerry with Daisley) who recorded the original tracks, respectively.

So even as far back as the original vinyl release, Ozzy was trying to pull a fast one.

I have 5 Ozzy albums on vinyl...none on cd. They are Blizzard, Diary, Bark at the Moon, Speak of the Devil(the surprisingly good live album with Nightranger guitarist Brad Gillis), and Tribute, the Randy Rhoades-era live album. Everything else is schlock...pure garbage...mere product for contractual obligation.

As for these new 30th anniversary deluxe reissues, I have good news...they are going back to the original recordings. And the double-deluxe Diary features a live concert from that period on the 2nd disc.

So it looks like I might be getting my first Ozzy cd. Then perhaps I'll finally get around to getting the cd of Speak of the Devil...the version that INCLUDES Sweet Leaf, which was dropped from the initial cd release.

Walter's absolutely right...the 2002 cd remasters featured Rob Trujillo and Mike Bordin, who were in Ozzy's touring band at the time, recording over Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake's original bass and drum parts.

But here's how ridiculous the credit snafu is regarding Diary of a Madman...and whether it's Ozzy's fault or Sharon's, it's one reason among many why Ozzy has sunk very low in my estimation and why I hardly pull out his albums.

When Diary of a Madman was released in 81, it listed Rudy Sarzo(bass), Tommy Aldridge(drums), and Don Airy(keyboards) in the credits and whose photos were on the album sleeve, even though it was Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake and Johnny Cook(who was in Mungo Jerry with Daisley) who recorded the original tracks, respectively.

So even as far back as the original vinyl release, Ozzy was trying to pull a fast one.

I have 5 Ozzy albums on vinyl...none on cd. They are Blizzard, Diary, Bark at the Moon, Speak of the Devil(the surprisingly good live album with Nightranger guitarist Brad Gillis), and Tribute, the Randy Rhoades-era live album. Everything else is schlock...pure garbage...mere product for contractual obligation.

As for these new 30th anniversary deluxe reissues, I have good news...they are going back to the original recordings. And the double-deluxe Diary features a live concert from that period on the 2nd disc.

So it looks like I might be getting my first Ozzy cd. Then perhaps I'll finally get around to getting the cd of Speak of the Devil...the version that INCLUDES Sweet Leaf, which was dropped from the initial cd release.

The live cd that comes with the reissue is actually quite good, better than Tribute or SOTD. Try find a download just as I did, it's a lot cheaper (And it makes no sense IMO to have those albums on vinyl twice)

Another Ozzy album that I personally like a lot is "No More Tears" one of the few that rocked as hard as the first ones.

Sharon and/or Ozzy's revisionist history reminds me of how Michael Anthony was literally airbrushed from the album artwork featured on the Van Halen website a few years ago.

I think Ozzy and Sharon took it a little further and it backfired bigtime...Pissed a lot of fans off.

Kind of a good marketing angle now.... like Coca Cola Classic...THE ORIGINAL IS BACK...

But yeah, I don't understand the Michael Anthony treatment either..

Archived