Second albums

bouillon

Whoa! She sure has a dark muff ! That's the first thing I see in that picture.

Something about it draws you right to it. You go girl !!!

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

Can I assume solo artists can be included besides "bands" based on the thread title?

Try to top this one. It came to my mind instantly since I bought her first 3 albums when they came out.

I've had to put it up in a you/tube clip, as I don't have a scanner, or photobucket service.

Debut album by Carole King: Writer, 1970, #84 in U.S. (it bombed, but personally I love this album!)

The second album by Carole King: Tapestry, 1971, #1 in U.S. 15 consecutive weeks, 25,000,000 copies sold worldwide.*

*remained on Billboard's 200 for 306 weeks, still the longest charting record by a female artist. Yep, hard to top Carole's second album!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hJsiwAnAkQ

It's TERRENCE, with a lisp.

And the lousy bands will remain sealed in my lips and only my lover will hear my whisperings.

Don't try to pry them open, you brute.

:lol::lol::lol:

:notworthy:

And with a gap between the front teeth, too?

terry-thomas-1-sized.jpg

Cover_hth_large.jpg

This is a VERY good second album

You know, I was thinking about that one.

I think the songs are not quite as good as most of those on their debut, but that had a really anaemic production, whereas this one just smokes :yay:

KISS had a difficult third album. On Dressed To Kill, the production and the songs suck :slapface:

Most of you will be familiar with the 'difficult second album' syndrome - where a band has released a great debut, tours it heavily & then finds it has no songs when the time comes for the follow-up - see The Who, Floyd, U2,

i would rate U2.s second album.........october.............as much better than their first

they didn't hit it big until their third album.......war...............

but they really didn't make it big time till the joshua tree........a good 7 to 8 yrear span after their first

and ya don;t have to remind me..........i was there :P

they really have relatively few albums compared to what zep did in the brief time they were around

You know, I was thinking about that one.

I think the songs are not quite as good as most of those on their debut, but that had a really anaemic production, whereas this one just smokes :yay:

KISS had a difficult third album. On Dressed To Kill, the production and the songs suck :slapface:

Totally agree it was around the time they released Destroyer and Love Gun things started picking up again Album-wise

Tapestry is really a great choice. No sophomore slump there. There used to be a national law in place back in 1971-1972, if you were a teenaged girl or a young woman, you owned this album. If you were a guy who happened to date someone who owned this album, you complained and bitched and said you couldn't stand it...............while secretly loving the album completely.

Hey those were the rules, I had to obey lol.

Alice In Chains - Dirt

As far as G'nR "Lies", it was half a previously released EP - "Live Like A Suicide" and then only 3 new songs, so that is difficult to call it their second album. Plus "Appetite" is a really tough act to follow - w/o a doubt one of the greatest debut albums of all time, IMO. :thumbsup:

I can't believe no one has mentioned Sad Wings of Destiny by Judas Priest. Their first album, Rocka Rolla, sucked (there's a reason they don't ever play anything from that album). Their second album, Sad Wings of Destiny was an absolute killer album (one of their best in my opinion). After 35 years Victim of Changes and The Ripper are still regulars in Judas Priest's live setlist, and Tyrant is arguably the heaviest song of the 1970's.

Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover.jpg

I can't believe no one has mentioned Sad Wings of Destiny by Judas Priest. Their first album, Rocka Rolla, sucked (there's a reason they don't ever play anything from that album). Their second album, Sad Wings of Destiny was an absolute killer album (one of their best in my opinion). After 35 years Victim of Changes and The Ripper are still regulars in Judas Priest's live setlist, and Tyrant is arguably the heaviest song of the 1970's.

Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover.jpg

Oh YES!!!!!!

Good one, Starbreaker. Although Epitaph was quite possibly the worst song they ever recorded...but I don't hate it.

Glad they didn't put this one on it - although it could've been a highlight of Rocka Rolla, which wasn't a complete dog IMO but was badly let down by the production:

Oh, and I dunno if you've heard this, but if not, you might enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNJg-VBdhLY&feature=related

I don't believe I have seen this yet, but Motley Crüe's "Shout At The Devil" was one of the greatest 2nd albums ever, IMO. Especially for the LA metal scene that was blowing up in the early 80's!

Archived