RHCP drummer says he'd like to collaborate with Jimmy Page

Driver8

Chad Smith in an interview dated December 3rd:

“I would like to perform or write music with Jimmy Page,” said Smith. “I've met him and he's come to see us — and he's a great guy. We actually have the same manager and Led Zeppelin is no longer and I know he's still playing. C'mon Jimmy, what do you say, just one hour!”

Interview by Jay M. Grossman, read complete text here: http://www.hometownl...ssey=nav%7Chead

That could make for interesting combo actually. But is he no longer doing the Chicken Foot gig, or TRHCP's? Maybe hes willing to do all three, wouldnt be a bad thing. Pretty good drummer indeed.

Kenny Aaronoff is touring with CF at Chad's recommendation..They're close friends..

Chad played on the 2nd album. He's back with RHCP's.

I'd love to see Jimmy and Chad play together. Watch that video... He's pulverizing ALS.

Chad's a power house and he's rock solid.

I'm not much of an RHCP fan, but they do have that proper funky groove which is so rare amongst Rock bands - Led Zep and Aerosmith being the other prime examples. And I saw RHCP on Jools Holland recently and they were very good, and really appreciative of the other musicians who were on the same show. I'd really love to see this happen, even if it's only a drummer's fantasy at the moment.

I would love to hear Chad and Jimmy play together! Not saying that he is a Bonzo clone, but Chad is one of the few rock drummers who can get funky beats into a rock song. He feels it, doesn't just try to recreate what has already been done.... like many others. Doubt anything will ever happen though! :(

• 3 months later...

Archived