Albums you disliked, but grew on you?

Janvier

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - didn't like it at all during the first couple of listens. I then stopped listening to it for a couple of weeks, then gave it a chance and liked it.

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street - this did take quite a bit of getting used to, but I got there in the end! B)

Yes- Fragile - I really struggled to actually like this album for quite a while! :wacko:

In Through The Out Door.

I so wanted the new album to be Presence v2.0 that I could hardly stand hearing much of ITTOD.

But now it's quite legitmate in my personal opinion.

10,000 Days, Tool.

Very moody and laid-back compared to previous albums.

Now it's one of my absolute favorite albums overall, not just by Tool.

Houses of The Holy - This was only the 2nd Zep album I ever heard(IV was the first), and I was initially dissapointed that it didn't rock as hard as IV(except for The Ocean).

Jethro Tull - A Passion Play, Didn't get this one at all the first time I heard it.

Now I love both those albums.

The latest Tom Waits album "Bad As Me" released late last year. It's a labor of love to get into any Waits album but if you do there's nothing quite like it in modern music. This album especially is pretty remarkable........and it only took me like 15 listens this time.

The Clash's Combat Rock, their most accepted album by the public yet I always felt it was their most compromised album. It's only in the last year that I "got it" in terms of what the band was trying to accomplish in terms of the album. Still my least favorite of their albums but I now actually enjoy it instead of disdaining it.

slightly off subject... but i remeber when GnR Chinese Democrappy came out, I tried sooo hard to get into it.. After 3 listens I binned it.. literally.. Ive never been so sure it would never grow on me.....

The only good song was Chinese Democracy, Shacklers Revenge was ok. GNR sounds like a cat piss mockery of what it used to be, at least bands that hold onto their legacy like KISS and now Sabbath do sound good.

The Clash's Combat Rock, their most accepted album by the public yet I always felt it was their most compromised album. It's only in the last year that I "got it" in terms of what the band was trying to accomplish in terms of the album. Still my least favorite of their albums but I now actually enjoy it instead of disdaining it.

Roar.

The Clash Combat Rock is a great album.

Cut The Crap is much worse.

Give 'em enough rope and Sandanista! are their best albums.

Archived