Nicolas Cage = Led Zeppelin

Janvier

Just saw this on huffigtonpost.com:

http://www.huffingto...f=entertainment

You mention "Leaving Las Vegas." Is winning another Oscar important to you? Or is it now more, "Well, I did that. Now I just do what I'm going to do"?

It's not important to me. In fact, I think that if you go about making movies to win Oscars, you're really going about it the wrong way. I think that it's ... right now, what I'm excited about is trying to create a [pauses] kind of a cultural understanding through my muse that is part of the zeitgeist that isn't motivated by vanity or magazine covers or awards. It's more, not countercultural, but counter-critical. I would like to find a way to embrace what Led Zeppelin did, in filmmaking.

That's an interesting way to put it.

Do you know what I mean? They did no press, you know?

And "Stairway to Heaven" wasn't even a single.

Yeah! And they were the biggest band in the world and they remained intimately mysterious -- because they just went about it their own way, or against what the advice might have been or what the council might have been. And I admire that. And I would like to tap into more exploration of horror films and just everything that I shouldn't be doing, according to representation.

Nicholas Cage = Can't act his way out of a paper bag.

That said, I did enjoy his performance in Raising Arizona. Can't say much of anything else favorable about him beyond that.

He's been in some dreadful films over the past decade and does not IMHO play the "Harrison Ford" role well but the mans clearly a great actor when he choses a decent script, Herzogs version of Bad Lieutenant, Lord of War, Matchstick Men etc.

He's been in some dreadful films over the past decade and does not IMHO play the "Harrison Ford" role well but the mans clearly a great actor when he choses a decent script, Herzogs version of Bad Lieutenant, Lord of War, Matchstick Men etc.

Thanks, I don't think I've seen him in any of the movies you mentioned. I'll have to check those out.

If he did nothing else, Nic Cage would still be immortal just for "Wild at Heart" alone.

But then you add "Valley Girl", "Rumble Fish", "Raising Arizona", "Leaving Las Vegas", "Face/Off", "Matchstick Men", "Adaptation", "Lord of War", "Moonstruck", "Guarding Tess" and "Peggy Sue Got Married" and Nicolas Cage doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Hell, even "The Rock" and "Con Air" have a kind of pulpy, goofy kick to them.

He's not afraid of stepping way off the curb, e.g. his weird-ass performances in "Peggy Sue Got Married," "Vampire's Kiss" etc.

He can be low-key and charming too, remember "Honeymoon in Vegas" with Sarah Jessica Parker? But it's the action films that pay the bills I guess, and he owes the tax man a bundle.

I always liked Cage as an actor myself, but he's taken a lot of crap roles over the years. He's at his best when he does offbeat stuff, but like Opal says that doesn't make the big money needed.

Same here..

a couple good ones not yet mentoned - 8MM - Kiss of Death - Racing With The Moon.

8m

• 2 weeks later...

Archived