ZZ Top

Jahfin

Hahaha! I'll be seeing ZZ Top in a couple weeks, they do a set most every year for the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo at the Astrodome/Reliant Stadium, Houston is Billy Gibbons hometown (Dusty and Frank are from DFW) and I used to see him occasionally at a great little BBQ stand that used to be around the corner from Billy's garage (where he houses his 20+ antique cars, Billy's a gear-head) in the Houston Heights.

More South Coast Rock, Rhythm & Blues! The whole Gulf coast (not just New Orleans) has a very rich musical heritage.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Their concert last Sunday eve in London Ontario went well acording to the review ..They played in The RBC theatre..The Bud Gardens is divided more or less in half by a partition...The RBC seats @ 4000..it was more or less full....Mr Gibbons spent some time in London before the concert..he went to a record store...

JD Dolan and The Straight Shot opened...JD also has a day job..he is the CEO of Cablevision and executive chairperson of Madison Square Gardens..he also oversees sports teams like the NY Knicks and NY Rangers..

• 3 years later...

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-06-20/zz-top-stream-rough-boy-jeff-beck-greatest-hits-live

ZZ Top: Greatest Hits Live tracklist

1. Got Me Under Pressure
  2. Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
  3. Cheap Sunglasses
  4. Waitin’ for the Bus
  5. Jesus Just Left Chicago
  6. Legs
  7. Sharp Dressed Man
  8. Rough Boy – with Jeff Beck
  9. Pincushion
  10. La Grange
  11. I’m Bad, I’m Nationwide
  12. Tube Snake Boogie
  13. Gimme All Your Lovin’
  14. Tush
  15. Sixteen Tons – with Jeff Beck
Edited by 2bitnogoodjive

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A couple months ago i heard a bunch of zz top and i cant stop appreciating this band recently. In the 80s i bought a few zz top records on vinyl, but somewhere between compact discs, grunge and jam bands in the 90s, totally forgot about them. Sadly. After years of college radio and appreciating the singer songwriters and occasional bands...i have not bought any new music in a long time. So to reappreciate this band means alot to me and i am thankful they are still alive and playing. The sound they have...to step back into it, forgive my basic description...but smooth guitar playing like jj cale and hammering rhythm bass and drums like early beatles or the ramones or motorhead, variations on a theme. There is alot of space in that area and can make for some endless music. Plus its so cool to hear a band with an absolute identifiable sound...with a different songs within that framework. I find that interesting and intriguing. 

• 4 weeks later...