Covers of Zeppelin Songs.

Pagesbow

I really like Phish and DMB's covers; the instrumental music is solid and they share that jam band/improv/groove/fusion thing that made Zeppelin Zeppelin. You can feel the love with Dave, although I think the vocals get away from him at times (both bands, actually) but I'd say the music is great. I particularly like Phish's No Quarter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZnvRwYn7k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Megadeth but I don't really care for this cover. But very interesting - Jimmy Page actually got in touch with Dave Mustaine and gave his approval. :huh:

^ i actually liked this cover, but loved it upon hearing the "STOP" :)

i've always loved Tina Turner but I've only recently found this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

JAZZ: Thank You

Amy McConnell and William Sperandei, from Stealing Genius

The title of an album of adventurous jazz covers was motivated by an Oscar Wilde quote about theft and borrowing, and the breezy, graceful piano-and-trumpet take on a Led Zeppelin classic does right by the original. “Inspiration is what you are to me,” it goes, “inspiration, look and see.” When the dreamy singer McConnell and the sublime brassman Sperandei say Thank You, messrs. Plant and Page can only reply, “Most welcome.”

Listen Here: Track#7

http://www.theglobea...article7907251/

• 2 weeks later...

The worst offenses:

Mary J. Blige - Stairway To Heaven

Dolly Parton - Stairway To Heaven

Kiss- Whole Lotta Love

But let me not forget to give mention to the catastrophical abomination Immigrant Song by Trent Reznor (wasn't that the name of a Super Mario World boss?) and Karen O. Miss O even stated after she'd recorded the cover that she didn't know who Led Zeppelin was and she thought she was singing a song named "Pilgrim Song." And Reznor said that the song was "more aggressive" then Led Zeppelin's original version because they were ignoramuses.

Don't forget Far Corporations shite cover of STH

Hey guys, what do you think of this cover we 'jammed' up?

http://soundcloud.co...-loving-you-jam

I think the guitarist did a brilliant job of mashing up all of my favourite Page parts from all versions into one.

would appreciate your opinion :)

I liked it a lot. Would have liked to hear a bit more of the urgency the vocalist had in the end toward the beginning. Not too much, just in the pharsing...some notes held out longer at the beginning sound a little "lounge-like" to me, but maybe I've heard it with Plant singing for so long it's hard to get away from his phrasing in my ear. Overall I thought it was very well done. Nice drums, bass and guitar as well as great vocal. I would pay to hear this.

Archived