2012 NFL Thread

Walter

^^^

There's your problem right there, Rick: Chan Gailey is your head coach! :blink:

Chan Gailey has no business being head coach anywhere in the NFL. Good luck with that loser.

Well I did not like the play calling early on. I thought he did a fabulous job last year with what he had to work with. I am not writing any team off after one game.

So you guys basically have a bye week next week. :unsure: KC will likely remain a disaster until we can rid the organization of cronyism. Our last GM Carl Peterson was hated because all he did was hire his buddies to coach no matter how big of failures they were (ala Herm Edwards). The new guy, Pioli, is even worse. He not only makes his unqualified failure friends the coaches but he also forces the team to play all of the Pats throw away players even if we have vastly superior players already on the roster (ala Kyle Orton cut in favor of Matt Cassel).

Well I did not like the play calling early on. I thought he did a fabulous job last year with what he had to work with. I am not writing any team off after one game.

So true. I don't see the Jets scoring 40 plus points every week! I think Fitzpatrick is a very good QB, they may have just underestimated the Jets.

So true. I don't see the Jets scoring 40 plus points every week! I think Fitzpatrick is a very good QB, they may have just underestimated the Jets.

They are ready to hang him at the public market here. But I am not one of them. True the pick by Cromartie was a terrible throw. But Spiller had a big day. You take away those two bad plays, the pic returned and the punt returned and it would have been a fight to the finish. The defense needs to play as a unit. Some teams are more prepared early than others. I will say if Fitz does not come through against KC then he could get pulled for the guy in Seattle. Buffalo has a good team but the QB is the question mark and is the most important position. This cannot happen again. We have KC and Cleveland coming up. They have to get their act together, win those games and then they find out how good the defense really is vs New England. The Jets are going to be in trouble soon enough. Go look at their next four games. 49ers, Pittsburgh, Miami and Houston. Ha. Good luck with that. They may beat Miami. Maybe. Yesterday was an aborition.

Yesterday was an aborition.

Abortion? Aberration? Apparition?

Or have you just coined an unholy amalgam of all three? ;)

It's never good to overreact on the first game...teams aren't as good or as bad as the first game can make them seem.

So yeah...let's hold off on the Fitzpatrick hanging and not canonize RGIII just yet.

Edited by Strider

Abortion? Aberration? Apparition?

Or have you just coined an unholy amalgam of all three? ;)

It's never good to overreact on the first game...teams aren't as good or as bad as the first game can make them seem.

So yeah...let's hold off on the Fitzpatrick hanging and not canonize RGIII just yet.

TD Cincy!!!!!!! LOL

:bagoverhead:

An offseason of hope snuffed out in 60 minutes. Just when I thought it was a new era in Raider Nation...same old Raiders.

Same old penalties, same old inexplicable play-calling, same old lack of focus.

If Ford and Moore don't get back soon, we don't have a chance. And I've never seen such awful long-snapping in my life.

P.S. Rick...no couch chewing for me. While the girls did their homework, me and my brother went to watch the games(Raiders and Angels) at a local pub.