2012 NFL Thread

Walter

^^^

Huh? I doubt Dallas cares two figs for Kansas City...probably never even crosses their minds unless they play a game with each other, which is rare.

On Jerry Jones' list of 100 things to do today, I bet Kansas City doesn't even make the list.

They're in two different conferences for one thing. Not only that, but Kansas City is worlds apart from Dallas.

There are plenty of reasons to hate the Cowboys...none of them involve Kansas City.

Can't wait to watch the Giants destroy Dallas in front of my Cowboy-loving brother.

Actually the Kansas City Chiefs originated when the NFL denied Lamar Hunt's request for an NFL franchise. He started his own league, the AFL, and team, the Dallas Texans (later the Kansas City Chiefs). The NFL dealt with the threat of a new league by starting a team in the same town as the founder of new league's team to put him out of business. That's where the Dallas Cowboys came from. I'm half grateful because the Texans would have never moved to KC if it weren't for the Cowboys but they still came to be to put my team out of business.

^^^

And Kansas City won a Super Bowl before Dallas did! True, it is their only Super Bowl win...but they got there first before Dallas.

Anyway, all that matters now is that both franchises are alive and thriving. Kansas City may not be as consistent a winner as Dallas, but it has one of the strongest fan-bases in the league.

I know there is no good reason to hate Dallas anymore but when your team hasn't won a Super Bowl since the 1969 season you tend to dwell in the past. :lol:

I reckon so. Being a Raider fan, I'm just used to always being the object of Chief's fans wrath. Most KC fans I meet hardly ever mention Dallas anymore. It's always Raiders and Broncos and Chargers.

I do hate the Raiders and the Broncos an insane amount, though I'm glad the those two and the Chiefs didn't get split up some years ago when they changed the divisions. I always felt the Chargers where kind of like the little brother of the AFC West though. At least here the fans don't hate SD as much as the other two and they are the only team in the division without a Superbowl trophy. You really get the feel of big rivalry game the week of OAK or DEN games. Not so much with the Chargers.

What...no gloating Walter? Where are all the Dallas fans?

I go by the old adage, act like you've been there before. Big win, for sure....but it's only week 1. Seemed like nobody was giving them a chance, especially people who were going to take in a movie after the 3rd quarter, because the Giants would be "wrapping it up at that point"! ;)

How 'bout them Cowboys!

:cheer:

Whoa! Roger Goodell and the NFL just got bitchslapped by the Judges today. The New Orleans Saints players had their suspensions overturned...well, only one of them, Jonathan Vilma, is still with the Saints. But it's still a big FU to Goodell. New Orleans fans will be thrilled, naturally, and if I was Goodell, I wouldn't show my face around New Orleans anytime soon.

I have a question. When did the NFL become a part of the government? I can't help but notice that the fed keeps getting involved in every season to change rules and overturn league decisions. I hate a lot of decisions the NFL makes but Uncle Sam needs to let the NFL decide how to run the NFL.

Archived