2012 NFL Thread

Walter

Yeah, at least the Raiders scored some points in their game. I have now watched part of the two Jets preseason games and their offense looks pathetic no matter who is QB. Looks to be a long season in New York.

Yeah, at least the Raiders scored some points in their game. I have now watched part of the two Jets preseason games and their offense looks pathetic no matter who is QB. Looks to be a long season in New York.

And Russel has a crack party going on 24/7 for the next 2 years on their dime. LOL.

Man can you believe the Bills sold out a fucking pre season game!!! Shocker. I am sure the Pittsburgh faithfull helped and probably bought up a few thousand and are going to drive up the thruway some 6 hours? 7 pm tomorrow night. Fitz will play the first half and Vince Young the second. When I get back from florida the season starts. Get ready for a new Bills team folks. Ass kicking front line both sides of the ball. Big, bad and fucking ready to rumble

Ok, it's week 3 of the Preseason. THIS is the week where your team better show you something. Not that they have to win, mind you, but you should see some semblance of offensive continuity and defensive cohesion from the starting unit.

For the last preseason game is mostly for the scrubs and firming up the depth-chart, so most coaches won't risk an injury to their starters next week. So this week is it.

In other words...if the fucking Jets go another week without scoring a touchdown, it could be nuclear meltdown city. Sanchez might not even make it to the opening game of the season before being benched. Every team in the NFL had scored at least 20 points after two preseason games. The Jets had scored only NINE...9!!!...as in single-digits. :hysterical:

Hey Walter(and other Dallas Cowboy fans)...check out this car I saw parked along Hollywood Blvd. recently:

post-1470-0-62678800-1345911277_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-77575600-1345911323_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-62864800-1345911359_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-72955400-1345911418_thumb.jp

Hey Walter(and other Dallas Cowboy fans)...check out this car I saw parked along Hollywood Blvd. recently:

VERY NICE!!! :thumbsup:

Tough last 15 years or so...but still have scoreboard over everyone, but 2 teams! ;)

Cowboys o-line is still banged up along with Romo's top 3 targets - on a bright note though the defense has looked good, especially the upgraded secondary. Tonight it's the Rams, then Wed it'll be the 'fins - both in 'big D'. At least I get to see them on Hard Knocks for the last preseason game.

VERY NICE!!! :thumbsup:

Tough last 15 years or so...but still have scoreboard over everyone, but 2 teams! ;)

Cowboys o-line is still banged up along with Romo's top 3 targets - on a bright note though the defense has looked good, especially the upgraded secondary. Tonight it's the Rams, then Wed it'll be the 'fins - both in 'big D'. At least I get to see them on Hard Knocks for the last preseason game.

Opening weekend of the NFL season is a big deal in my circle...in fact, I'll be visiting my brother in his new home and watching the games all weekend long Sept. 5-10. I hate that the NFL has spread it out.

He's a big Dallas fan...in fact, two of my brothers are Cowboys fans; go figure...so you have some company, Walter. We fire up the grill and stock the fridge with beer. It's basically another holiday.

Can't wait.

Ok, it's week 3 of the Preseason. THIS is the week where your team better show you something. Not that they have to win, mind you, but you should see some semblance of offensive continuity and defensive cohesion from the starting unit.

For the last preseason game is mostly for the scrubs and firming up the depth-chart, so most coaches won't risk an injury to their starters next week. So this week is it.

In other words...if the fucking Jets go another week without scoring a touchdown, it could be nuclear meltdown city. Sanchez might not even make it to the opening game of the season before being benched. Every team in the NFL had scored at least 20 points after two preseason games. The Jets had scored only NINE...9!!!...as in single-digits. :hysterical:

That's why the damn Jets need to give McElroy a shot with the starters early on. He plays qb smart, most of the time. Not the most gifted or strongest, but understands game managenent.

Nine points! I bet the New Yorkers are barfing over this! Would love to see Jets vs Carolina tonight but we get Houston at New Orleans, which isn't bad... Be interesting to see how Cam Newton does at Carolina this season with a year under his belt.

I only watch the first quarter of pre season games

Lucky for you...because the Steelers put a beatdown on Buffalo.

Raiders won their game over Detroit 31-20. Doesn't make up for the Angels losing to the Tigers, though. :(

Two more weeks til the season starts!

Jets and Carolina tonight, I thought last night.

Hopefully the Jets will get at least a field goal or a safety to improve on their awesome total preseason point production.

Wow, the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets still haven't scored a touchdown through 3 preseason games. I wonder if their fans are worried or if they'll just brush this off as being the preseason which doesn't count.

Meanwhile, my Dolphins continue to look pitiful. 6 wins seems like a rather lofty goal for this season. Between the Dolphins and the Mets, I'm in eternal misery...

-_-

It appears the Bills have given up on Vince Young already as a backup. All indications are that by days end him and Thigpen will be realeased and we have traded for a QB from Seattle for the backup job. Tarvaris Jackson who had pretty good numbers considering he played for a team that was not that good.

My first weekends action is down. Took the Bills plus 3 vs the Jets. I cant believe this line. I took San Fran plus 5 vs Green Bay. Layed the points to Indy and took the Bears at home figuring they will not go easy on Luck in his first NFL game. Also took Pittsburgh over Denver and Atlanta over KC both on the road and both only minus 1.

^^^

What the fuck are your Bills doing Rick?!? Tavaris Jackson? Really? He's going to be an improvement over Vince Young? You better hope that Fitzpatrick stays upright this season.

Its actually quite shocking but it means they mean business. Chan Gailey must have really had a bad taste in his mouth after the shitty job Young did vs Pittsburgh. Fitz played well. The guy from Seattle is most likely to land the backup position. If Fitz plays decent we can win with this monster of a defense they have built.

I have to work during the game but I'll check the score from the break room periodically. I'm backing the Giants in this one because I hate the Cowboys. They only exist to try and put my Chiefs out of business so I enjoy watching them lose.

smiley_sinister.gif

^^^

Huh? I doubt Dallas cares two figs for Kansas City...probably never even crosses their minds unless they play a game with each other, which is rare.

On Jerry Jones' list of 100 things to do today, I bet Kansas City doesn't even make the list.

They're in two different conferences for one thing. Not only that, but Kansas City is worlds apart from Dallas.

There are plenty of reasons to hate the Cowboys...none of them involve Kansas City.

Can't wait to watch the Giants destroy Dallas in front of my Cowboy-loving brother.

^^^

Huh? I doubt Dallas cares two figs for Kansas City...probably never even crosses their minds unless they play a game with each other, which is rare.

On Jerry Jones' list of 100 things to do today, I bet Kansas City doesn't even make the list.

They're in two different conferences for one thing.

Strider, why are you trying to make sense of what is otherwise, senseless?!? :blink:

As for Wednesday, we shall see.........;)

Archived