Euro 2012 Some good matches this week

LedZeppfan77

In conclusion Italy were the better side by far. They deserved to win. My England i'm afraid you just were not good enough...Here's hoping to better World Cup in two years time.

Hart should have held his ground and followed the ball at least once or twice. Had he done so he would have been rewarded with two soft shots right at him. But he had to play the guessing game and commit. I do not like it one bit. And Carrolll was so good in this tourny why in hell would he not be a starter? The ball control by Italy granted was better than England but it does not matter when its 0-0 in extra time. This is not one of Italy's better teams and Germany will take them apart. I say Germany will win it all. England would have given them a stiff fight I do believe. But I did not like the coaching. I hope when the World Cup is played in two years they have a younger more energetic coach. I also believe Portugal has a shot vs Spain. I will be cheering for them. But I will cheer for Germany from here on out.

I am hardly going to relish the quarter final on Sunday especially against a defence minded team like Italy. I predict a wet sunday in January 0-0 draw - even after extra time with England going out on penalties as Milner passes the ball back to Terry instead of striking it towards Buffoon from 12 yards!

Well well well. What did I say?. OK i got the invisible man Milner wrong, but everything else is as predicted. That was as an insipid performance from an England team as I've witnessed. It should be copied and played to lifers in prison 24 hrs a day.

Two of Italy's pK's looked like they were kicked by a fifth grader. I mean, he had time to watch the damn ball and adjust it came in so slow, but he had to commit and play the guessing game didn't he? When you were previously 1-5 in PK's in international matches throughout their history, you would think they may have addressed this? And they had the damn lead to make matter worse. When Italy missed that shot, man, you had to think they would at worst force extra kicks. I will not point any finger at Terry who was just fabulous and saved them in the previous game with that incredible inside the net rejection. It surely must still sting in England today. There is no reason for Italy to be going on.

Crooked fucking Turkish ref lets a fucking obvious hold go against the Portuguese. What the fuck. Spain does not need the refs on their side to boot. Bastards

Looked like Portugal were almost sure of a Goal there. Ref should have played the advantage.

Go Germany!!!!

With you there, but the stats don't look good for Germany. In major tournaments they have previously met Italy seven times where they have lost three and had four draws. I hope they can change that with a win and give us a Germany v Spain final on Sunday.

Looks like Germany is doomed. Italy vs. Spain. Yawn. Wake me when the PKs are over.

I am very surprised by this. I thought Italy and Spain were both ripe for the pickings.

So question to soccer fans, preferably from Europe and England, those that know the game better. Like you MM. Does the Olympic team have pretty much the same players sent that would be sent to play in Euro or World Cup? Or is it not taken as seriously?

post-5-0-97932800-1340925614.png

Well I am surprised they beat Germany to say the truth. But I do believe they have a big shot now to beat Spain who has not looked like they did in the World Cup. Two more years until the next great tournament. I believe its in Brazil? So we know who the favorites will be. Damned English team let me down again.

They look very similar to me, because they are still so fucking BORING. I have no admiration whatsoever for their style of play, now or in 2010.

I will be seriously pissed off if Italy don't beat them.

If you ask me Italy plays a similiar style to Spain but a little more daring. Italy are a very patient bunch, and will wait all day for you to make one mistake. Spain are a faster team in my opinion and stronger. At least this year. But this game has upset written all over it since Spain did win the World Cup. If Spain wins this game it firmly puts them and Brazil as the dream match in two years. But alot can change in two years. Do you think Rooney will still be around then? Or Terry? Ill tell you the one play of this tourny I will not forget is when Terry kept that ball out of the net in an impossible situation. Yet many are screaming it was a goal and perhaps it was. But it was still a hell of a play.

Terry will most likely be gone by then, or possibly banned for life if he's found guilty of being a racist ass-wipe. His trial is scheduled for July, I believe. Rooney will still be around.

The ball clearly crossed the line, but the move was offside, although the offside wasn't flagged. So, reluctant props to Terry for scooping it out.

I tell you I am real impressed with Carroll and expect him to start in the next World Cup. you get him the corners and he is going to put the ball in.

Looks like Germany is doomed. Italy vs. Spain. Yawn. Wake me when the PKs are over.

I was really stunned (and pretty saddened!) to learn that Italy actually beat Germany. While I was always siding with Germany, hoping they'll win this contest, my dad has always been telling me not to underestimate Spain. He has even predicted that Spain will win Euro 2012. At this stage, what with Germany out, I honestly don't give a damn. Having said that, I really wonder whether my dad has been right all along with his predictions. I guess I'll find out only on Sunday, while watching the news.

I was really stunned (and pretty saddened!) to learn that Italy actually beat Germany. While I was always siding with Germany, hoping they'll win this contest, my dad has always been telling me not to underestimate Spain. He has even predicted that Spain will win Euro 2012. At this stage, what with Germany out, I honestly don't give a damn. Having said that, I really wonder whether my dad has been right all along with his predictions. I guess I'll find out only on Sunday, while watching the news.

I do not care either. Waiting for the World Cup. By then Major Major will know who the Buffalo Bills are when they hoist that trophy!!

'Kiwi' looks like your Dad was spot on with his Prediction... ;)

Congrats to España! Can anybody stop them as they move on to the Olympics? They've won 3 tourneys in a row. Unprecedented. An Olympic win would give them a Fútbol 'Grand Slam' so-to-speak.

At least the match was decided on the pitch and not with the dreaded PKs.

Nice ending...erm... :blush::bagoverhead:

...you know...

No shame in losing to a team of Spain's quality. Certainly one of the greatest international teams I've ever seen.

No shame in losing to a team of Spain's quality. Certainly one of the greatest international teams I've ever seen.

You're right Ally, they really deserved it! And maybe you read somewhere that I'm not too patriotic. Anyway, it's been great to watch every match of Euro 2012; if Italy had lost the first matches, problably I'd have watched just England later!

if Italy had lost the first matches, problably I'd have watched just England later!

That would have been self inflicted torture :lol:

Archived