NAMED AFTER JIMMY?

Stryder1978

Zakk Wylde and Wife Barbaranne Name New Child Sabbath Page

Rolling-Stone-082245-png_041039.pngRolling Stone – 4 hours ago

• Black Label Society guitarist Zakk Wylde and his wife, Barbaranne, welcomed their fourth child yesterday, dubbing the baby boy Sabbath Page Wielandt Wylde after, you guessed it, Black Sabbath, Wylde's spokesperson has confirmed to Rolling Stone.

The tribute isn't just that of a fan: the elder Wylde was Ozzy Osbourne's longtime axe man, and the Black Sabbath frontman is the godfather of another Wylde child, Jesse.

This isn't the first time the Wyldes have paid tribute to a rock hero with the names of their offspring – just ask their son Hendrix.

Sabbath, whose middle name Page may or may not be an homage to Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, was born a healthy 8 lbs., 1 oz. Early this morning Barbaranne Tweeted, "Little man Sabbath. Night everyone xoxo," with a picture of the newborn. Recently Zakk Wylde sat down with Rolling Stone to talk about his new book/memoir/survival guide, the aptly titled Bringing Metal to the Children.

My bet is YES!

Although much like naming your child "Bozo" or "Jeeves", his name will likely determine his occupation in life. Sabbath Page is destined to grow up being a hard rock star, a tattoo artist or the owner of a brothel.

My youngest daughter, who is 18 is named Paige. I had to put an I in the name because she is a girl and my wife would not agree to it otherwise. She tells everyone that she was named after Jimmy, and she was!

Congrats to new life.

:lol: Why can we not give our children regular names anymore? What's next C.B.G.B. Jones? Riot Haus McCormick?

Did you hear about the guy who legally changed his name to Led Zeppelin II?

Oh, and I know a guy with a boy and girl named Lightning and Thunder.

I looked up some actual names that people have given their kids. Here are my favorites:

Abba

Abyss

Confession

Dwarf

Gal (A boy was named this)

Go

Hey

Knight Sir Lancelot

Stalin

Alaska

Chaos

Choice

Cuba

Precious Angel (Thankful this was a girl)

Prince (This was also a girl)

Sin

Tangerine (Maybe Jimmy Page knew this girl)

Tequilla (AA is in her future)

Afrika

Apocalypse

Atheist

Barak

Belphoebe

Cactus

Crazy

Da'Unique

Dimple

Doctor (Pretty optimistic don't you think?)

Epic

Facebook (Dear God why?)

Galactica

Gambler

Google (Just so everyone knows you are the last person on earth who should have reproduced and the future is doomed)

Kodiak

Matrix

Young Boozer (Just so everyone knows you are more stupider than the people who named their kid Google)

Zero (I bet he never has self-esteem issues)

Sabbath is not such a bad name after all. :blink:

Hopefully he's just destined to grow up to change his name.

Yes...to Led Zeppelin IV.

My youngest daughter, who is 18 is named Paige. I had to put an I in the name because she is a girl and my wife would not agree to it otherwise. She tells everyone that she was named after Jimmy, and she was!

Hate to tell you this after the fact, but your wife pulled a fast one. There are plenty of girls named Page...you don't need an 'i' to feminize it.

Archived