BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Strider

On 4/11/2019 at 12:36 AM, Strider said:

^^^hahaha.

Oh no...not meatloaf again.

20190407_184308.thumb.jpg.e7ffc62719c9b4887905c41557c869b3.jpg

Meh...

Hey Strider!  I was in your neck of the woods having lunch with my brother who works over on Sunset Blvd.  I'm sure you recognize this don't you?

I can't pass them up.

image.jpg

~Kip

10 hours ago, kipper said:

Meh...

Hey Strider!  I was in your neck of the woods having lunch with my brother who works over on Sunset Blvd.  I'm sure you recognize this don't you?

I can't pass them up.

image.jpg

~Kip

Yep. Pink's and Carney's Railcar are my go-to places for chili dogs.

13 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep. Pink's and Carney's Railcar are my go-to places for chili dogs.

Carney's is great, their chili is better than Tommy's... plus you can buy a beer there. 

I got burned out on Pink's when I used to work just down the street on La Brea. Then at some point it became some kind of tourist attraction with lines longer than Disneyland. Also could never figure out the meaning behind the "Huel Howser dog" it has two dogs inside one bun--- LOL.

If you are really drunk and brave there is always Oki dog, but my new favorite place is 'Boo's Philly Cheese steaks on the corner of Fountain and Virgil. You ought to try that place.

Trout (spends 30 minutes in the oven, spiced with salt, lemon, parsley and dill), potatoes, compound butter, asparagus and a wonderful Riesling.

Tomorrow we are going to have cream of asparagus soup from the left overs.

Yesterday we had homemade pancakes. We don't eat them at breakfast. It's a typical meal on a Saturday. We eat it with plum compote. Yummy, yummy, yummy. Our pancakes are much thinner than American pancakes, they look like this:
pfannkuchen.jpg.e6ffe1f1c0f56e2a5bc05a7bc3787951.jpg

Today it's pan fried rose fish with potatoes and a green salad. In the evening a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon is waiting for me 🍷

It has been way too long since my last food related post. I am hoping to change that and participate more in this thread, like I used to in the past.

Today, I treated myself and family to an authentic wood-fired pizza made from sourdough. It was light on the stomach. It was fantastic. It had parmesan, red pepper,  jalapeño, olives and tomato sauce. 

The pizza was courtesy of The Pizza Bakery. It is a restaurant cum pub and has appeared time and time again on the best restaurants to enjoy a pizza in Bangalore. I always used to be intrigued by the hype but now, I get it! :)

20190504_213111.jpg

20190504_213156.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 3:26 AM, LedZed66 said:
Yesterday we had homemade pancakes. We don't eat them at breakfast. It's a typical meal on a Saturday. We eat it with plum compote. Yummy, yummy, yummy. Our pancakes are much thinner than American pancakes, they look like this:
pfannkuchen.jpg.e6ffe1f1c0f56e2a5bc05a7bc3787951.jpg

Today it's pan fried rose fish with potatoes and a green salad. In the evening a wonderful Cabernet Sauvignon is waiting for me 🍷

So...basically like flannel cakes or crepes? I love my pancakes with fruit instead of syrup, too. Peaches, strawberries or blueberries (or all three!) or apple butter. Plum sounds delicious...I'll have to try that.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

It has been way too long since my last food related post. I am hoping to change that and participate more in this thread, like I used to in the past.

Today, I treated myself and family to an authentic wood-fired pizza made from sourdough. It was light on the stomach. It was fantastic. It had parmesan, red pepper,  jalapeño, olives and tomato sauce. 

The pizza was courtesy of The Pizza Bakery. It is a restaurant cum pub and has appeared time and time again on the best restaurants to enjoy a pizza in Bangalore. I always used to be intrigued by the hype but now, I get it! :)

20190504_213111.jpg

20190504_213156.jpg

Thank god you have moved up from Domino's cardboard pizza. 😏

On 5/4/2019 at 6:07 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

20190504_213111.jpg

20190504_213156.jpg

How food has moved on in India since we were there in 1990. Nothing but Dhal and Masala's. Pizza??? No chance

On 5/13/2019 at 8:25 PM, Strider said:

So...basically like flannel cakes or crepes? I love my pancakes with fruit instead of syrup, too. Peaches, strawberries or blueberries (or all three!) or apple butter. Plum sounds delicious...I'll have to try that.

Like crepes but slightly thicker and I like them with blueberries also very much.
Had to google Apple Butter, sounds terrific. It's slightly different form our apple sauce.

Shakshuka: the in-meal of the moment. Fantastic
Eggplant (marinated in olive oil and pomegranate juice, oven-baked) with pomegranate seeds and tahini dip
Tomato cucumber salad
Falaffel (mix from the supermarket. One day I'll try one of the dozen recipes I collected over the years, one day ...)
Hummus (from the supermarket, one day ... see above)

11 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Hummus (from the supermarket, one day ... see above)

Love making my own Hummus and it is the easiest thing to make.

1 can of Chick Peas

2 Cloves of Garlic

2 Tablespoons of Tahini

Juice of Lemon

Salt to taste

Olive Oil enough for a smooth texture

Half teaspoon Paprika or Cumin ( optional)

BLITZ

23 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Like crepes but slightly thicker and I like them with blueberries also very much.
Had to google Apple Butter, sounds terrific. It's slightly different form our apple sauce.

FYI, we have applesauce in the U.S., too. Apple Butter is distinctly different...more like a jam or spread to use on toast or whatever.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:45 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Love making my own Hummus and it is the easiest thing to make.

1 can of Chick Peas

2 Cloves of Garlic

2 Tablespoons of Tahini

Juice of Lemon

Salt to taste

Olive Oil enough for a smooth texture

Half teaspoon Paprika or Cumin ( optional)

BLITZ

Thank you, CP. I wanted to avoid canned chick peas but if it's CP proved I'll give it a try :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

20190504_213111.jpg

20190504_213156.jpg

That looks delicious Kiwi!