Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

Recommended Posts

A nice chocolate eclair, infused with melted dark chocolate, topped with a layer of chocolate sprinkles and a squirt of caramel.

It was good. Not dense, quite fresh and not too sweet. I only wish that it was filled with custard rather than chocolate in the middle. 

IMG_1774.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We're going to have our traditional New Year's Eve meal: Tafelspitz (boiled beef). A classic dish of the Viennese cuisine.
It's served with horseradish sauce, chive sauce, roasted potatos, green beans and a mixed salad.
For the dessert I got some kind of French crullers from the bakery. Also a traditional new year's food.
 
Accompanied by a fine Bordeaux and a much finer Crémant d'Alsace.
 
Have a nice New Year's Eve everyone :drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
We're going to have our traditional New Year's Eve meal: Tafelspitz (boiled beef). A classic dish of the Viennese cuisine.
It's served with horseradish sauce, chive sauce, roasted potatos, green beans and a mixed salad.
For the dessert I got some kind of French crullers from the bakery. Also a traditional new year's food.
 
Accompanied by a fine Bordeaux and a much finer Crémant d'Alsace.
 
Have a nice New Year's Eve everyone :drinks:

We had Filet of beef en Croute with French Beans in soured cream and Paprika. A 2012 Rioja Gran Reserva went down very well. Ice Cream for dessert. Mint for me Chocky for Mrs CP. A couple of joints by the wood stove and a movie. Feel fresh this morning and the weather is lovely. Sunny and mild. Welcome a new decade.

 

Happy New Year Led

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One day, we should all have a meal together.  You all will cook.  I'll eat :D

 

Happy New Year everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ham and bean soup from the Christmas ham bone. Mrs. W’s corn muffins on the side. 
 

Happy New Year everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last meal of 2019: Schnitzel, roasted vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, Erdinger hefeweissen bier and Riesling wine.

20191231_175234.thumb.jpg.a4d3f8c753a5b818ff641d953bf76eb3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the first of 2020: Basic breakfast of ham & cheese omelette, hash browns, sourdough toast, coffee.

20200102_003035.thumb.jpg.3545ca7bf261c6d3b839fdbc5557835a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished making our family kielbasa recipe for tomorrow’s games. Needs a night in the fridge to fully enmesh the sauce and the meat.  After a few hours in the slow cooker in the morning, should be perfect for a cold Florida day treat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, chillumpuffer said:

We had Filet of beef en Croute with French Beans in soured cream and Paprika. A 2012 Rioja Gran Reserva went down very well. Ice Cream for dessert. Mint for me Chocky for Mrs CP. A couple of joints by the wood stove and a movie. Feel fresh this morning and the weather is lovely. Sunny and mild. Welcome a new decade.

 

Happy New Year Led

 
Happy new year CP.
We watched a movie too on NYE. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I love the Potter movies with all the fantastic British actors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, ebk said:

One day, we should all have a meal together.  You all will cook.  I'll eat :D

 

Happy New Year everyone!!

 
Happy New Year ebk. Great idea. It's time to invent beaming.
I miss my 20s and 30s when we spent so many nice evenings with friends. Cooking, eating, drinking, laughing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
 
Cooking, eating, drinking, laughing.

I still do and I'm in my 50's :wave:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grilled Italian chicken salad, organic penne pasta with butter and parmesan. Perfect January evening for grilling! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday night dinner... 18” pizza with bacon and mushrooms tonight. Gonna pour a tall, cold shot of kraken and toast to the late, great Neil Peart. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pan fried Hake Filet, Cream Dill Sauce, Roasties and Asparagus Spears. A sturdy Reserva Rioja CUNE from 2012. Nearly 2112. I will be toasting Mr Peart with a glass and a good smoke of Blue Cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Night Football Supper. Capellini with peppers, mushrooms, lemon and garlic. Caprese salad. Sourdough baguette with olive oil. 2014 Marques de Caceres Rioja Reserva.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...