Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Strider

BON APPÉTIT! What Are You Eating?

A nice chocolate eclair, infused with melted dark chocolate, topped with a layer of chocolate sprinkles and a squirt of caramel.

It was good. Not dense, quite fresh and not too sweet. I only wish that it was filled with custard rather than chocolate in the middle. 

IMG_1774.JPG

We're going to have our traditional New Year's Eve meal: Tafelspitz (boiled beef). A classic dish of the Viennese cuisine.
It's served with horseradish sauce, chive sauce, roasted potatos, green beans and a mixed salad.
For the dessert I got some kind of French crullers from the bakery. Also a traditional new year's food.

Accompanied by a fine Bordeaux and a much finer Crémant d'Alsace.

Have a nice New Year's Eve everyone :drinks:

23 hours ago, LedZed66 said:
We're going to have our traditional New Year's Eve meal: Tafelspitz (boiled beef). A classic dish of the Viennese cuisine.
It's served with horseradish sauce, chive sauce, roasted potatos, green beans and a mixed salad.
For the dessert I got some kind of French crullers from the bakery. Also a traditional new year's food.

Accompanied by a fine Bordeaux and a much finer Crémant d'Alsace.

Have a nice New Year's Eve everyone :drinks:

We had Filet of beef en Croute with French Beans in soured cream and Paprika. A 2012 Rioja Gran Reserva went down very well. Ice Cream for dessert. Mint for me Chocky for Mrs CP. A couple of joints by the wood stove and a movie. Feel fresh this morning and the weather is lovely. Sunny and mild. Welcome a new decade.

Happy New Year Led

One day, we should all have a meal together.  You all will cook.  I'll eat :D

Happy New Year everyone!!

Ham and bean soup from the Christmas ham bone. Mrs. W’s corn muffins on the side. 

Happy New Year everyone! 

My last meal of 2019: Schnitzel, roasted vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes, Erdinger hefeweissen bier and Riesling wine.

20191231_175234.thumb.jpg.a4d3f8c753a5b818ff641d953bf76eb3.jpg

And the first of 2020: Basic breakfast of ham & cheese omelette, hash browns, sourdough toast, coffee.

20200102_003035.thumb.jpg.3545ca7bf261c6d3b839fdbc5557835a.jpg

Just finished making our family kielbasa recipe for tomorrow’s games. Needs a night in the fridge to fully enmesh the sauce and the meat.  After a few hours in the slow cooker in the morning, should be perfect for a cold Florida day treat. 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, chillumpuffer said:

We had Filet of beef en Croute with French Beans in soured cream and Paprika. A 2012 Rioja Gran Reserva went down very well. Ice Cream for dessert. Mint for me Chocky for Mrs CP. A couple of joints by the wood stove and a movie. Feel fresh this morning and the weather is lovely. Sunny and mild. Welcome a new decade.

Happy New Year Led

Happy new year CP.
We watched a movie too on NYE. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I love the Potter movies with all the fantastic British actors.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, ebk said:

One day, we should all have a meal together.  You all will cook.  I'll eat :D

Happy New Year everyone!!

Happy New Year ebk. Great idea. It's time to invent beaming.
I miss my 20s and 30s when we spent so many nice evenings with friends. Cooking, eating, drinking, laughing.

21 hours ago, LedZed66 said:

Cooking, eating, drinking, laughing.

I still do and I'm in my 50's :wave:

Grilled Italian chicken salad, organic penne pasta with butter and parmesan. Perfect January evening for grilling! 

Friday night dinner... 18” pizza with bacon and mushrooms tonight. Gonna pour a tall, cold shot of kraken and toast to the late, great Neil Peart. :( 

Pan fried Hake Filet, Cream Dill Sauce, Roasties and Asparagus Spears. A sturdy Reserva Rioja CUNE from 2012. Nearly 2112. I will be toasting Mr Peart with a glass and a good smoke of Blue Cheese

Sunday Night Football Supper. Capellini with peppers, mushrooms, lemon and garlic. Caprese salad. Sourdough baguette with olive oil. 2014 Marques de Caceres Rioja Reserva.