Celebration Day Premieres In Four Countries Announced

sam_webmaster

I'm in Berlin. and ordered tix for the 17th. of course i'd love to go the pre-premiere event with Mr. JPJ on the 15th,

but so far i cannot find any information as to where it will happen or how i can access this.

does anybody here have a clue yet ?

The venue location is yet to be announced. Don't miss that event.

Sam,

Are the four members going to attend the NYC premiere, and would it be possible for someone going to the premiere to meet any of them there? <strong>Someone offered me a ticket</strong>, but I won't go unless I'd see Led Zeppelin there.

It is confirmed that the band will attend the NYC premiere. Don't miss it if you can afford the ticket.

I hope that the press conference at MOMA on Tuesday is available online like the London one was on 9/21, would be interesting to hear if the journalists ask better questions this time.

Yeah, maybe someone will ask him about Steve Howe.

Mr. Jimmy, you finished behind Steve Howe in the Guitar Player poll all thru the Seventies. What did you think of him? :rolleyes:

The venue location is yet to be announced. Don't miss that event.

thx, just got my tix for 17 € a piece. its happening at cinemaxx on potsdamer platz, you can get tickets online here:

http://www.cinemaxx.de/Site/Content/Led-Zeppelin/164?SwitchCinemaId=12

the ad says JPJ and Director Dick Carruthers will be in attendance of the screening plus there will be a 30min Q & A afterwards :)))

I agree....and feel for ya zosorose....they should make at least a limited number of tickets available to the general public....as they did in London....

There will be fans gathering outside the movie theater and the museum on the ninth....I'll be there and several others....I know it's a long trip from Michigan

without getting to meet them and probably only a brief glimpse of them, but feel free to come and join us!

Tickets are still available for London......I just bought two tickets and am driving two hours down to NYC and then flying to London to see the movie.....

and hopefully have a chance to say hello to the bandmembers....would be really awesome if they had an autograph signing, but am doubting this will happen...

Rock On and I'll be sure to let everyone here know how it went!

Front Row Dave, I know there are no tickets for NYC on the 9th, but would still like to stand outside and cheer them on at the theater and museum. Glad to find out that you and others are planning the same! But is the theater first, then the press conference? What time were people planning to gather - is it a daytime thing or evening? I want to Celebrate!

Front Row Dave, I know there are no tickets for NYC on the 9th, but would still like to stand outside and cheer them on at the theater and museum. Glad to find out that you and others are planning the same! But is the theater first, then the press conference? What time were people planning to gather - is it a daytime thing or evening? I want to Celebrate!

This is what Sam put in the initial post:

The film will make its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York’s theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant will be joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.

But it would make more sense if they watched the movie and then did a press conference, like they did in London already.....but who knows for sure?

I don't know how Jason is going to be able to stay seated for the premier OR the Presser, so happy for all of them to be back in NYC. Just for grins and giggles I would like to have seen them book MSG and premier & pack it 7 nights running. I tend to swing for the fences tho so thanks for indulging me. :superman:

The film will make its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York’s theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant will be joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York’s Museum of Modern Art.

But it would make more sense if they watched the movie and then did a press conference, like they did in London already.....but who knows for sure?

...News Link here...

http://b1027.com/led-zeppelin-meeting-the-press-in-nyc/

On October 9th," after the press screening of their new concert movie, Celebration Day, Led Zeppelin — Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham filling in for his late dad John Bonham — will hold a press conference at Manhattan’s Museum of Modern Art. The night the band will also be on hand at the public premiere of the movie at the Ziegfeld Theater. Celebration Day was recorded and filmed at Led Zeppelin’s December 10th, 2007 reunion show at London’s O2 Arena and will be released on CD, DVD, Blu-ray disc on November 19th through Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

MOMA HOURS: Tuesdays Closed to Public

http://www.moma.org/visit/plan/#hours

First there is Press Screening, then a Press Conference - MOMA; lastly Public Screening Ziegfield Theatre

looks to be AM Schedule For Press and P.M. Schedule for Public...?

...News Link here...

http://b1027.com/led...e-press-in-nyc/

On October 9th," after the press screening of their new concert movie, Celebration Day, Led Zeppelin — Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham filling in for his late dad John Bonham — will hold a press conference at Manhattan’s Museum of Modern Art. The night the band will also be on hand at the public premiere of the movie at the Ziegfeld Theater. Celebration Day was recorded and filmed at Led Zeppelin’s December 10th, 2007 reunion show at London’s O2 Arena and will be released on CD, DVD, Blu-ray disc on November 19th through Swan Song/Atlantic Records.

MOMA HOURS: Tuesdays Closed to Public

http://www.moma.org/visit/plan/#hours

First there is Press Screening, then a Press Conference - MOMA; lastly Public Screening Ziegfield Theatre

looks to be AM Schedule For Press and P.M. Schedule for Public...?

Thanks for posting this - yes, this makes more sense (screening first, then press conference)! But "public screening"... tantalizing to say the least...

Yep - and this is the info I see repeated in other local papers. Maybe they're not telling anyone what's going on until the last minute.

zosorose, the theater isn't selling tickets to the public. I can't even find out what time it'll be. There was at least one contest for screening tickets, so maybe that's why they can call it "public".

i know i used like 40 emails to try and win it =( lol

oh well im 20 and just found out you had to be 21 to win. now THAT would have sucked!

i know i used like 40 emails to try and win it =( lol

oh well im 20 and just found out you had to be 21 to win. now THAT would have sucked!

Ah, well, I just emailed "Crash", the B1027 DJ from PlanetPage's link to see if he knows something we should know regarding a "public" screening tomorrow. Probably won't respond, but if he does I'll post it.

Ah, well, I just emailed "Crash", the B1027 DJ from PlanetPage's link to see if he knows something we should know regarding a "public" screening tomorrow. Probably won't respond, but if he does I'll post it.

VP, thanks for this...In my opinion, first the Press Only Screening/followed by Press Conference at MOMA, there will be Public Premeire which includes the Industry/Music "insiders" ie. The Famous DJ's, Record Ex's, etc... to fit the title of "Public" contest is open to general public like in this link as you mentioned also.

There are no general public ticket sales, it is Public by Invitation...Glimpses of our Stars, are I think both available as they enter/exit the MOMA Institute, as well as Ziegfield Theatre...

Public Ticket Contest Details here, - I think this link has been discussed here at the Site before for other Zep Related topics...

http://ultimateclass...-contest-rules/

...Brings back memories of the video on .Com Site Jimmy Page/Zep entering into Limo's at the Plaza Hotel, use to hear about the Mighty Zep, North of the Border amidst my exams June 1977 other side of East Coast...

FYI, Crash says Zep plans to walk red carpet at Zeigfeld Theater tonight.

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:55 AM

Subject: RE: Celebration Day - Led Zep in NYC

Hey Crash –

This definitely helps - if I can get some pictures tonight I’ll send them along to you! I’m a lifelong fan too, graduated HS in ’78 (Long Island) and to this day my brother and I can’t believe we didn’t see them live – though they were in our bloodstream daily… still are.

JP has been sited at Joe Walsh’s show at the Iridium last night and Johnny Hallyday’s show at the Beacon Theater the night before. Ross Halfin says on his website that some fans have been bothering them… too bad, NYC used to be the place where these guys could casually walk down the street and be “one of us” and us, “one of them”… Zep deserves so much respect – not only for their impeccable musicianship but because they somehow manage (still) to capture lightning in a bottle when together. An inexplicable sum greater than its parts.

Must rush now, but I want to ask – is it ok to post this on the Zep Forum site for the others?

Many thanks – more later,

Pam

Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:16 AM

To: Pam

Subject: Re: Celebration Day - Led Zep in NYC

Hi Pam. the only information I have is that the band is expected to walk the red carpet tonight at the Zeigfeld. You're right, they're not releasing any additional information beyond that. The band is in theory in NYC already but actual times haven't been released to the media, although the media has their screening this morning followed by a Q&A with the band. Your best chance to see them is to be outside the theatre this evening for the red carpet.

Sorry I don't have more info Pam, but if you or your friends get close enough to see them and get some pictures I'd love to see them. I'm a lifelong Zep fan too that never got a chance to see them live. I was a senior in high school making plans to camp out with friends to get tickets to their Minneapolis show in the Fall of '80 when I got the news about Bonzo.

Good luck!!

Crash

Brand Manager

B102.7/KYBB-FM

b1027.com

Sioux Falls, SD

Hey Front Row Dave...and any others who are making the trip to the Ziegfeld to get a glimpse of the lads: GOOD LUCK! Hope you all get some good photos and maybe a handshake or palmsmack or two from them.

I'm in Berlin. and ordered tix for the 17th. of course i'd love to go the pre-premiere event with Mr. JPJ on the 15th,

but so far i cannot find any information as to where it will happen or how i can access this.

does anybody here have a clue yet ?

http://www.cinemaxx.de/Site/Content/Led-Zeppelin/164?tr=t03841

JPJ and D. Carruthes confirmed. Got my Tickets today. There are still some available. Be quick!

Archived