New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Well I agree with both of the last couple posts even tho they seem to contradict They could work on new material and do something without it being the full blown "Reunion" which does indeed remain impossible. I am more interested in something new...honestly a rockin Band of Joy album interests me more than remastered old stuff and as I was listening to the 93 albums Japanese mini lp versions released in 07 I am not so sure I want them to sound different in any way...outtakes...some unreleased soundboard concerts would be good on cd/dvd...not sure if there are an immense # of sterling completed songs held back this long I will look for it but it was stated the boxes would be staggered by Page I just have to find it.

There isn't a LED ZEPPELIN without John Bonham!

+ 1

Plant's quote: ‘It doesn’t matter how great you are on the drums, Jason. I love you to bits, and you play absolutely amazing. But John was the drummer in Led Zeppelin, and John was part of me and Jimmy and John Paul. We shared something very, very special.’”

+ 1

Plant's quote: ‘It doesn’t matter how great you are on the drums, Jason. I love you to bits, and you play absolutely amazing. But John was the drummer in Led Zeppelin, and John was part of me and Jimmy and John Paul. We shared something very, very special.’”

He does have a point. They were a four piece unit, so very close, personally I suppose and especially musically and creatively. A different era, so long ago now!

Agreed...but Jason is no sham, but yet not Bonzo. He's one of the best around today!

Jason isn't even close to the best around today. Jason is a good drummer but name a beat of his that's recognizable. There are literally thousands of drummers as good as Jason, they just don't have his connections.

As for any re-issues, all I hope for is good 5.1 remixes. Preferably done by Steven Wilson, please keep Kevin Shirley far away from the project.

When I said they could do "new" material I meant as Page, Plant, jones and Bonham or something... I agree Led Zeppelin ended in 1980. Bonzo is just not replaceable and as for right after the 07 show whether u like him or not, I think they realized Plant is not replaceable-None of the originals are. I agree as Led Zeppelin ITTOD was their last effort

as far as better drummers- I think that is a missed point

Bonzo was the most suitable for the direction of the band then and currently no one could do what Jason can do for the direction (if any) for Led Zeppelin now. Plant said so. Page said so. Jones said so. If that isn't good enough for others then...

Watching and listening to Celebration Day tells me so. He played straight up, no showing off, no overplaying. He center striped it start to finish- nearly impossible to do. Granted, not pleasing to every one- only to Plant, Page and Jones.

Can't wait for the box sets

For you maybe, but for many of us we would be happy with Jason, and feel that Zeppelin should carry on. Whenever I think of Zeppelin I think of the story where during a sound check Bonzo put Jason behind the kit unbeknown to the other 3 and they had no idea it was Jason until they turned around at one point and saw him sitting there as a youngster.

Charles, your statement here has hit the perverbial nail right on the head and drove it striaght through the wall of

doubters that say Jason ain't up to the Task. not as good as his father, or that Zeppelin can't carry on with Jason on drums.

The soundcheck you speak of was the Knebworth shows I believe (Steve Jones, am I correct?) when Jason sat in during the

soundcheck while the other band members walked the sight and thought it was John on the kit...no - it was none other than

his son Jason!

Great observation Charles!!

+ 1

Robert needs, no - has to - get over John's passing and his legacy with Zeppelin and see that Jason is more than fit to handle

the Zep drumming tasks. We all lose somebody we love dearly and move on, Jason has earned his wings and should fly with

any new Zeppelin Projects. Just ask Jimmy.

Robert needs, no - has to - get over John's passing and his legacy with Zeppelin and see that Jason is more than fit to handle

the Zep drumming tasks. We all lose somebody we love dearly and move on, Jason has earned his wings and should fly with

any new Zeppelin Projects. Just ask Jimmy.

Robert doesn't have to do anything - he doesn't owe any of us anything. What do you want? Zeppelin to tour and become a joke like The Who or The Rolling Stones?

I haven't expressed my opinion on this yet so here goes: I feel like they are selling the same product over and over again, Remasters? Please!! Give us a live show or a Blu Ray re edition of the one thats out already, puting out the old albums again why?? They are already on the shelves why would they re-re-re-re-re-release them!?? Doesn't make sense to me. Now would be fun for Zepp to do what The Beatles did and do a full remake of the albums on vinyl and sell them as a box set.

Im fairly certain that we are in for a bigger treat. Doing a re re re re re re release of a remaster would be incredibly stupid, and Jimmy knows it.

So, are you willing to pay more for a couple of unreleased songs that are probably available on the internet so you can have this brand new Box Set?

I haven't expressed my opinion on this yet so here goes: I feel like they are selling the same product over and over again, Remasters? Please!! Give us a live show or a Blu Ray re edition of the one thats out already, puting out the old albums again why?? They are already on the shelves why would they re-re-re-re-re-release them!??

But this is a different product, it's the backstory and alternative approaches to all of the albums - and I for one am bloody exited about it. If people are happy with their current sounding albums, there's no need to buy.

Rerelease the old shows on bluray? Absolutely! I'm just waiting for them to do the 2003 box set.

Though I'd much prefer if the album reissues came with full concerts instead (PG has a complete EArls court, ITTOD has complete knebworth etc)

So has anyone had a stab at a hypothetical track list/album content?

I'd do it, but I'm in my iPhone...and also at work, and I think thy frown on making Zepp track lists all day.

I think Stephen Davis was credited in one of the magazines with putting together a "tracklist" - all he did was review the bootlegged outtakes that we have, though. The question, of course, is what they have.

I haven't expressed my opinion on this yet so here goes: I feel like they are selling the same product over and over again, Remasters? Please!! Give us a live show or a Blu Ray re edition of the one thats out already, puting out the old albums again why?? They are already on the shelves why would they re-re-re-re-re-release them!?? Doesn't make sense to me. Now would be fun for Zepp to do what The Beatles did and do a full remake of the albums on vinyl and sell them as a box set.

Im fairly certain that we are in for a bigger treat. Doing a re re re re re re release of a remaster would be incredibly stupid, and Jimmy knows it.

So, are you willing to pay more for a couple of unreleased songs that are probably available on the internet so you can have this brand new Box Set?

Why? To keep the albums in copyright and make more money...on a cynical level.

Jimmy has mentioned studio outtakes and also possible inclusion of live tracks. The potential is in what we don't have, which could be a lot.

The question, of course, is what they have.

Agree. Until we know for sure the Zepp excitement level for me is currently quite high. I've been revisiting the albums again.

Even if they give us what we have, in their quality, I'd probably be happy. Then I might actually listen to some as music tracks and not just tinny sounding Zepp curios.

Still hanging out for studio as long as I have you lol, but I think the well of completely unreleased tracks has run fairly dry.

Why? To keep the albums in copyright and make more money...on a cynical level.

Jimmy has mentioned studio outtakes and also possible inclusion of live tracks. The potential is in what we don't have, which could be a lot.

Or could also be a very small fraction or porcion of what Jimmy really has. We have been down this path before with the live shows.

I believe that if these 2013 reissues really get realeased there's going to be two unreleased tracks per album, and thats not enough for what you'll probably pay. Look, I just think that this is milking the cow way to much, specially for a band like Led Zeppelin.

I believe that if these 2013 reissues really get realeased there's going to be two unreleased tracks per album, and thats not enough for what you'll probably pay. Look, I just think that this is milking the cow way to much, specially for a band like Led Zeppelin.

Don't you want to wait till the details come out before arriving at a conclusion?

I believe it will be more than two (and more likely alternative versions), but I do believe there'll be multiple takes of specific songs. I also suspect Stairways gonna get a raping :).

Also what could they possibly do with Coda!?

It'll be a bit cheeky if its simply broken out amongst the other albums.

Everything is conjecture at this point - hopefully we get some concrete news soon!

If people want a taste of what I (and some others) think they'll be getting with the remasters, I suggest checking out the "Mastered for iTunes" versions of the Zeppelin albums.

I think it's time to stop speculating and wait what really comes to light.....just be patient! Maybe all of you will be happy with the final product and love the unreleased tracks, outtakes. live cuts and video. We won't know until Jimmy divulges the specific details! I think we'll be rewarded....that's my guess!

Archived