New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Just to be clear, those are my parody of Shepard Fairey's work.

This came up a few months ago, it was assumed that he would be doing artwork for the box sets as in outside artwork, not the album artwork. I don't think the original album covers need to be changed.

I noticed a flurry of bootlegs out there of studio outtakes recently, usually a sign of wanting to beat something official coming out....

Does everyone think the discs will be re-released one at a time, in order, or as a HUGE boxset collection?

Personally, I can't wait for these to be released! :yesnod:

I'll wait to reserve judgement....who knows what anything will look like. I'm sure the original artwork will still be there - somewhere. Change is not always bad, I trust Jimmy, he's not gonna give someone cart-blanche and make a mockery of it all, IMO.

Oh, my. I certainly hope that Farley won't be redesigning the actual album covers; they're great the way they are. But, I'm going to have faith that Zep won't let anyone trash the artwork. I can't imagine any of the members letting a disaster like what publicenemy3 posted happen.

Is it possible this is a boxed set of all the stuff...again Its heading towards March and nothing seems to be on the horizon...am wondering if this will be more like a Xmas all -encompassing box because to release the whole catalog in individual sets it seems like it would start very soon.....

Is it possible this is a boxed set of all the stuff...again Its heading towards March and nothing seems to be on the horizon...am wondering if this will be more like a Xmas all -encompassing box because to release the whole catalog in individual sets it seems like it would start very soon.....

That doesn't make sense, it's never been claimed that the individual box sets would have a staggered launch.

Jimmy himself, said they'd come out little by little in drips and drabs. Something like that he said in an interview. He didn't give a specific date to the releases, but that they would start this year. He never said anything about releasing them all at once or in one big package.

I'm looking forward to any info, if only to end my rampant internal speculation: hoping there's a studio version of as long as I have you that's just been unearthed! But more realistically I'm keen to find out about the foundations of the tracks I know so well.

The goldmine for me, and my most anticipated, is going to be III: sketches of do many other songs in acoustic form. By all accounts the wealth of material from that era (whether later released in another format or not) should hopefully give us something substantial and fucking awesome.

Also hoping for decent quality In The Morning.

Zepps legacy cannot be tarnished in my opinion. Nothing they release will convince me that their back catalogue that I love is any lesser than it was. They've more than proved themselves time and time again, now it's time to understand the song's DNA a little better.

Here's my speculation:

Each album gets a 1 hour documentary.

Remastered albums for Blu Ray and for iTunes. I think that's Page's biggest priority to give downloaders high quality remasters.

A code (you have to register) with each CD for exclusive content not included on the CDs/DVDs to put more unreleased stuff on the website, soundboards, more interviews (old and new), photos. Digital downloaders would also get the code. That could be where demos, alternate takes, remixes, and anything else in the vaults can be accessed and listened to.

CD booklet will be more elaborate.

yeah unless he's really springing this release on us, I wouldn't expect anything until May given the time necessary to promote it and such. Even then, I suspect the first things will be LZ I and II released together as I imagine they'd do these in pairs otherwise it'd take AGES to release the whole set.

I would trade in all future re-re-re-released and un-released material of old Zeppelin recordings for ONE single

album of NEW material by Plant, Jones, Page, and (Jason) Bonham. It's all about "NEW" material - not re-hashed

and re-released studio albums that we have all heard in some form or another since 1968.

Here's my speculation:

Each album gets a 1 hour documentary.

Remastered albums for Blu Ray and for iTunes. I think that's Page's biggest priority to give downloaders high quality remasters.

A code (you have to register) with each CD for exclusive content not included on the CDs/DVDs to put more unreleased stuff on the website, soundboards, more interviews (old and new), photos. Digital downloaders would also get the code. That could be where demos, alternate takes, remixes, and anything else in the vaults can be accessed and listened to.

CD booklet will be more elaborate.

Just a album I could buy in a record store would make me happy.

I would trade in all future re-re-re-released and un-released material of old Zeppelin recordings for ONE single

album of NEW material by Plant, Jones, Page, and (Jason) Bonham. It's all about "NEW" material - not re-hashed

and re-released studio albums that we have all heard in some form or another since 1968.

I agree 1000%

There isn't a LED ZEPPELIN without John Bonham!

For you maybe, but for many of us we would be happy with Jason, and feel that Zeppelin should carry on. Whenever I think of Zeppelin I think of the story where during a sound check Bonzo put Jason behind the kit unbeknown to the other 3 and they had no idea it was Jason until they turned around at one point and saw him sitting there as a youngster.

Archived