New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

There's no music worth 100 dollars an album!..its zeppelin Its also money some people dont have. They have the right to put it out but its not a sign of any devotion spending $ one doesnt have..I got the Blu ray/DVd/2cd Celebration day set for 25 dollars These could be done the same way

There's no music worth 100 dollars an album!..its zeppelin Its also money some people dont have. They have the right to put it out but its not a sign of any devotion spending $ one doesnt have..I got the Blu ray/DVd/2cd Celebration day set for 25 dollars These could be done the same way

While I agree that they could price things better, I don't want to lose out on any potential offerings over the fear that people won't pay for a little extra for them. That happened to The Doors and their 40th anniversary deluxe L.A. Woman box.

It depends on what will be included in the box set. If it's only a Blu-ray disc with hi-res audio and a handful of outtakes, then the price shouldn't be above $40 per album. If it's only a standard CD remaster with a handful of outtakes, then the price shouldn't be above $20 per album.

It depends on what will be included in the box set. If it's only a Blu-ray disc with hi-res audio and a handful of outtakes, then the price shouldn't be above $40 per album. If it's only a standard CD remaster with a handful of outtakes, then the price shouldn't be above $20 per album.

Well, I considered Celebration Day to be reasonably priced. We should be able to hope that the remasters will follow suit.

This is not what we're looking forward to.

Well, I considered Celebration Day to be reasonably priced. We should be able to hope that the remasters will follow suit.

Agreed. In fact, Led Zeppelin has never overpriced anything, including the O2 ticket price.

Just need to see what will be included on these released as no specific info is available yet. I don't think they'll gauge us fans on this as Jimmy and co. don't have a history of doing so with Zep releases such as Celebration Day, 2003 dvd and HTWWW. The Page releases on vinyl are a different situation being 180 g. versions and in a limited run. Although, some may argue on that front. We shall see. I would think it will be affordable as they would not want to curb sales on the upcoming releases that may be the last from the band.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to be honest. If there are unused songs or bits sitting in a vault perhaps they could be the basis of a new album instead at some point? All of the existing albums are perfect, I'm not sure that changing them is good idea.

They won't be changed. They'll just be remastered and released with bonus discs of unreleased material. Anyway, if the unreleased songs have been sitting in a vault for 40 odd years, I highly doubt they can be used for a new Led Zeppelin album.

I was thinking of it from the point of view that perhaps unused bits or ideas could be worked on in the present. Sometimes an old idea that was never used can lead to a new idea that makes the old bit seem new and interesting?

That will never happen - not in the context of "Led Zeppelin," at least. Such ideas have probably already been used, anyway: "Swan Song" became "Midnight Moonlight," and I wouldn't be surprised if others (perhaps only riffs, etc.) were fleshed out at other times by the former members.

At this point, it's best to take our cues from what bands like King Crimson and Pink Floyd have done: Remastered versions of the albums, plus the cream of the crop (so to speak) of outtakes, with a nice helping of contemporary live tracks. I think the potential here is huge...but I'll restrain my excitement (or disappointment) for when Sam makes an official post on the issue. ;)

That will never happen - not in the context of "Led Zeppelin," at least. Such ideas have probably already been used, anyway: "Swan Song" became "Midnight Moonlight," and I wouldn't be surprised if others (perhaps only riffs, etc.) were fleshed out at other times by the former members.

At this point, it's best to take our cues from what bands like King Crimson and Pink Floyd have done: Remastered versions of the albums, plus the cream of the crop (so to speak) of outtakes, with a nice helping of contemporary live tracks. I think the potential here is huge...but I'll restrain my excitement (or disappointment) for when Sam makes an official post on the issue. ;)

I really hope it is something along those lines.

I agree. Also Shake My Tree from Coverdale/Page album is based on unused riff from ITTOD period.

Archived