Best drummers ever?

Rock Daily

Jason Bonham didnt make the list? Not to sound like a hack but come on, he's a bonifide kick *** drummer. And many of his peers have said so (including the members of Led Zeppelin).

Plain and simple, he doesn't deserve it. By most accounts the O2 show was his most memorable drumming and all he was doing was trying to recreate his dad's licks.

Interesting list

I know you can't include everyone in a top 100 list ....

But they left off possibly the best all around living Drummer in the world today .... Vinnie Colaiuta.

Other notable ommisions

Bun E Carlos

Prairie Prince

Eric Singer

Joey Kramer

Barriemore Barlowe

Chris Slade

and Billy Cobham - more jazz / fusion than rock ... but he's a monster

I'm okay with the list. It is, after all, just their opinion. My list would be different, as is my list of top guitarists compared to all other lists.

Happy to say I have seen 2 of their top 10 live.

Hmmmm...looking at that list reminds me I need to see more of them!

Plain and simple, he doesn't deserve it.

By most accounts the O2 show was his most memorable drumming and all he was doing was trying to recreate his dad's licks

JB's drumming in BCC is pretty good too.

He had to recreate his Dad's drumming,he was playing with the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin after all.

But he put a few subtle nuances into some songs too,and to me that was refreshing to hear.

That O2 version of "Kashmir" that people are loving has,and will stand testament to how good he drummed that night,and those that really matter were more than happy with JB's performance.

I really have to wonder why these lists are posted in the first place?

Only three remarks about the list, as I'm not too knowledgeable about drummers.

* Neil and Bonzo should be tied.

* Scott Travis should be in a higher position.

* Greg Bissonette's not in there.

Anyway, this is why I like posting in a classic rock forum. No 13-year-olds bitching about "WTFFFF why isnt Joey Jordison on the list" and crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Danny Carey #12?

Blasphemy.

He's #2 on my personal list.

1 Bonham

2 Carey

3 Peart

I look at how influential the drumming is to the overall sound and personality of the band.

That's why I feel Neil Peart's technical excellence is edged out by the tendency of Danny Carey's drumming to lead a song.

In other words, I think many Tool songs (and most of their best songs) are most identifiable / memorable because of the drumming.

Also, I've always felt Keith Moon was overrated (I figured it was redundant to say "IMHO").

How about Russ Kunkel? He did session work but I see his name turn up on many albums of music I like such as David Crsoby, Joni Mitchell, Bob Dylan and others too. Maybe not Rock enough? But definitely versatile enough, imo.

Also wish Ralph Molina wasn't overlooked. He backs Neil Young in Crazy Horse. Speaking only as a fan here, but I think his steady beat is integral to the whole Crazy Horse sound. Missy

Great drummers make great bands

Kenny Jones is a great drummer ,but after a great start in the Who reverted to his old style that did n.t fit

1) Zep - Bonzo

2)stones - charlie watts

3)the who -keith moon

4)sabbath-bill ward

5)beatles-ringo

et al

all define the sound of their bands

Archived