DEEP PURPLE CONFIRM NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN APRIL

DavidZoso

“The title of our new album is still a question mark to all of us... We have recorded a new album, and it's a fantastic collection of songs.

At the moment that's the only affirmative point we can offer...”

-Ian Gillan, December 2012

New York, NY (December 13, 2012)—Eight years after the release of Rapture Of The Deep, Deep Purple, one of the most important and influential British rock bands of all time, have confirmed the release of a new album featuring brand new studio material. This yet-to-be-titled album will be released stateside on April 30, 2013.

Following various songwriting sessions in Europe, the band recorded and mixed the album in Nashville with famed producer Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd's The Wall, Alice Cooper and many others), creating a work that blends the classic 70s Deep Purple spirit with modern production and a progressive mindset. A few working song titles, recently revealed by Ian Gillan are “Out Of Hands”, “Uncommon Man” and “Hell to Pay”.

Deep Purple's record company earMUSIC will reveal details about the new album as soon as they become available, on a dedicated website where all band members will also be able to post and interact with the fans: www.deeppurple2013.com

Even in their heyday they weren't that great. I put on "Machine Head" recently and was struck by how pedestrian it was. This is an album that Purpleheads rave about and place in the pantheon of great rock albums.

Bah humbug! LZ IV, Who's Next, Masters of Reality, Close to the Edge, Aqualung, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St...these all crush Machine Head.

I also saw Deep Purple several times in the 70s: 1972, 1973, 1974(Cal Jam), and 1976. Again, nothing special...and they also had one of the worst sound-systems I've ever heard from a supposed top-tier band. Compared to Zep, Pink Floyd, the Stones, Jethro Tull, Yes, and Sabbath, Deep Purple sounded like an AM car radio cranked to the max. It was a horrible sludge.

Mainly, a DP concert's most lasting memory was of Ritchie Blackmore having a hissy fit...and some of the most boring, useless instrumental solos in the history of rock this side of Grand Funk Railroad.

Of all the old bands that people revere, especially the British bands (Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Who, Stones, Jethro Tull, Yes), Deep Purple is the most overrated and unmemorable...imo.

Even in their heyday they weren't that great. I put on "Machine Head" recently and was struck by how pedestrian it was. This is an album that Purpleheads rave about and place in the pantheon of great rock albums.

Bah humbug! LZ IV, Who's Next, Masters of Reality, Close to the Edge, Aqualung, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St...these all crush Machine Head.

I also saw Deep Purple several times in the 70s: 1972, 1973, 1974(Cal Jam), and 1976. Again, nothing special...and they also had one of the worst sound-systems I've ever heard from a supposed top-tier band. Compared to Zep, Pink Floyd, the Stones, Jethro Tull, Yes, and Sabbath, Deep Purple sounded like an AM car radio cranked to the max. It was a horrible sludge.

Mainly, a DP concert's most lasting memory was of Ritchie Blackmore having a hissy fit...and some of the most boring, useless instrumental solos in the history of rock this side of Grand Funk Railroad.

Of all the old bands that people revere, especially the British bands (Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Who, Stones, Jethro Tull, Yes), Deep Purple is the most overrated and unmemorable...imo.

Wow, I guess your entitled to your own opinion, I have seen them many many times and they are one of the best live bands ever, and one of the tighest sounding bands ever live, BTW Machine Head crushs most of the records you listed.

Have to say though Made In Japan is a chipper of a platter?

Who cares? Purple are a shadow of the band they used to be back in the day - ie the 70s! Gillan's voice is shot and Steve Morse is just topping up his pension - should have retired years ago! Boring!

It looks like some people care, and people still pay to go see them, saw them a few years ago and they were spot on, but yes Giliansvoice is not what it was, but whose is ? other then Dio who was still sounding good before he pased away and Hughs who has still got it.

It's sad to say this but the Legend is coming to an end... and that goes to most of the bands that I trully love =(

Agreed! Purple were great first time round (should never have reformed) and remain one of my fave bands from the 70s but they just don't know when to quit like a lot of bands.

Very sad to see!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved Deep Purple as much as Black Sabbath, Foghat, Van Halen, etc. "In Rock", "Machine Head", "Made in Japan" and "Burn" were all great albums in my opinion. Ritchie was more of an inspiration for me to pick up a guitar than Jimmy. I was stoked when they re-united for "Perfect Strangers" and thought they put on a great show on that tour.

However, they went to far in continuing without Ritchie.......for me, it ended when he left.

I loved Deep Purple as much as Black Sabbath, Foghat, Van Halen, etc. "In Rock", "Machine Head", "Made in Japan" and "Burn" were all great albums in my opinion. Ritchie was more of an inspiration for me to pick up a guitar than Jimmy. I was stoked when they re-united for "Perfect Strangers" and thought they put on a great show on that tour.

However, they went to far in continuing without Ritchie.......for me, it ended when he left.

fireball ..?

Wow, I guess your entitled to your own opinion, I have seen them many many times and they are one of the best live bands ever, and one of the tighest sounding bands ever live, BTW Machine Head crushs most of the records you listed.

agreed

• 5 weeks later...

Archived